Return to “General”

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

Poet1960 wrote:
Dinosawer wrote:
Poet1960 wrote:Well maybe, because this industry has some pretty stiff competition, Josh is trying to keep things closer to his vest so that his ideas and scripting concepts don't get stolen by some big name house who has millions of dollars to spend and multiple minions to do their bidding, unlike Josh who is a one man show.
That doesn't explain why he doesn't/didn't post anything at all.
Poet1960 wrote:It's kind of like inventing something and then waiting for the patent to clear before you market it. Reality generally is, whoever gets it on the market first, gets the sales and credit for the item, leaving the patent holder with nothing more than the patent in his hand.

Just a thought.
I don't think you understand how patents work

Yes I do. I don't think you understand what I said.
yes, and because of that theres long and wide patent lawsuits between big companies.

because patents are worthless.

Dromeda5 wrote:Likely for the same reason you are often here, in a thread called "General Unhappiness Megathread", hoping/pushing people to stop complaining, criticizing or expressing lack of hope or confidence in Josh or in LT.
I have no problem with people posting their complaints and then being done with it. By all means express your opinion. I very likely have similar views since I am also disappointed not to be playing the game.

But don't post the same thing over and over and over and over... especially if that view is that there's no way he's still working on the game and that it'll never happen. If you genuinely believe that then bite the bullet, and move on. You really can't do better than follow Hardenberg's example. He was a $100 backer to boot.

I should say that there's no need to leave the forums entirely. By all means make your home in Creative Writing or Everything and Anything - or, *gasp* - make some gameplay suggestions in, er, Suggestions. That would be a great outcome.

Oh I'd love to. But my sincere belief is that the tone of the forums has a negative effect on Josh. Thus, since I want to eventually play the game, I'm happy to infrequently post in this thread if it dissuades even a small number of people from repeatedly posting the same downer material over and over for no better reason than... well I've still to find a reason. Why are you posting this stuff?

Because they're unhappy, but don't want to abandon the project. Posting here is fine. That's what the thread is for. It's better than it leaking all over the forum and causing everything to be steeped in negativity, after all. And the people here have good reason to be negative. Josh keeps disappearing for months at a time.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:Because they're unhappy, but don't want to abandon the project. Posting here is fine. That's what the thread is for. It's better than it leaking all over the forum and causing everything to be steeped in negativity, after all. And the people here have good reason to be negative. Josh keeps disappearing for months at a time.
This is [an example of] why we love you, Tal. Thanks.

Talvieno wrote:Because they're unhappy, but don't want to abandon the project. Posting here is fine. That's what the thread is for. It's better than it leaking all over the forum and causing everything to be steeped in negativity, after all. And the people here have good reason to be negative. Josh keeps disappearing for months at a time.
There's no reason why people can't stay connected to the forum without posting in this thread over and over. You know this as much as anyone - you, and the other >1000 post regulars have kept this place alive by posting in the other parts.

I posted because I feel the reasoning for Josh not posting is pretty ridiculous and seems like a lame excuse in my view. I see no reason to get all excited about Josh's supposed "return" when he has come back before, only to subsequently abandon the forums for months. To me, the bot excuse is another stall-tactic. I know he has been talking to the mods about it, but the idea of bots being a threat when all we are asking for is a simple update, not the exact specifics of coding or anything like that, is pretty ridiculous. Also, there's also this thing called Kickstarter where he hasn't given an update in over 2 years. I don't think there's a bot issue for him to deal with on there. When I see something lame like this, I'm going to call it out.

Online Now