Return to “General”

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

mcsven wrote:Jeez. If you guys are so convinced that it's dead, and that Josh is just having us on... why are you still here posting?
Likely for the same reason you are often here, in a thread called "General Unhappiness Megathread", hoping/pushing people to stop complaining, criticizing or expressing lack of hope or confidence in Josh or in LT.

mcsven wrote:Jeez. If you guys are so convinced that it's dead, and that Josh is just having us on... why are you still here posting?
Well we wouldn't want you to be lonely, sven. Mass-exodus of everyone who thinks it's dead would leave this place a ghost town at this point. So really, it's for your benefit that I'm here. :)

kaeroku wrote:
Well we wouldn't want you to be lonely, sven. Mass-exodus of everyone who thinks it's dead would leave this place a ghost town at this point. So really, it's for your benefit that I'm here. :)
:lol: You made me laugh, which means happy, which means you temporarily derailed this thread for me. Never do this again!

BFett wrote:Well, if everyone who thought this game was dead had to leave, I would have to be among that group. :( I came to grips with it last week, but I'm glad I stuck around. I look forward to the update though I am sceptical about when we will actually see it.
Right there with you... Given everything that has happened up to now, I don't think anyone can begrudge you for being sceptical.

EDIT: Ugh, 50 posts?! I vowed to stay around the 10-20 mark! D:
Image LT Backer Number: 647 of 5449.

I agree with a lot that was mentioned in the last posts. Nice, that some people came in contact via IRC, but I just don't understand this behaviour. Working on your spam bots is fine, but what's the reason not to post any single line? Especially since Josh definitely knows what's going on here since his login and the (more or less unintended) teasing from members posting about IRC.
Honestly, why does Tal have to tell us about the bots, why not one line saying: "Working on the bots, will prepare a status update for next week." Currently, we're left in the dark as in the last months, a post can happen today or never, at least, the uncertainty is limitless :problem:

Well maybe, because this industry has some pretty stiff competition, Josh is trying to keep things closer to his vest so that his ideas and scripting concepts don't get stolen by some big name house who has millions of dollars to spend and multiple minions to do their bidding, unlike Josh who is a one man show.

It's kind of like inventing something and then waiting for the patent to clear before you market it. Reality generally is, whoever gets it on the market first, gets the sales and credit for the item, leaving the patent holder with nothing more than the patent in his hand.

Just a thought.
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Poet1960 wrote:Well maybe, because this industry has some pretty stiff competition, Josh is trying to keep things closer to his vest so that his ideas and scripting concepts don't get stolen by some big name house who has millions of dollars to spend and multiple minions to do their bidding, unlike Josh who is a one man show.

It's kind of like inventing something and then waiting for the patent to clear before you market it. Reality generally is, whoever gets it on the market first, gets the sales and credit for the item, leaving the patent holder with nothing more than the patent in his hand.

Just a thought.
<wheezing> <coughing> <eyes streaming>
Thanks, Poet, that's the best laugh I've had in years!
--
Mind The Gap

Poet1960 wrote:Well maybe, because this industry has some pretty stiff competition, Josh is trying to keep things closer to his vest so that his ideas and scripting concepts don't get stolen by some big name house who has millions of dollars to spend and multiple minions to do their bidding, unlike Josh who is a one man show.
That doesn't explain why he doesn't/didn't post anything at all.
Poet1960 wrote:It's kind of like inventing something and then waiting for the patent to clear before you market it. Reality generally is, whoever gets it on the market first, gets the sales and credit for the item, leaving the patent holder with nothing more than the patent in his hand.

Just a thought.
I don't think you understand how patents work
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Ringu wrote:

Just a thought.
<wheezing> <coughing> <eyes streaming>
Thanks, Poet, that's the best laugh I've had in years!

You're welcome Ian.
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Dinosawer wrote:
That doesn't explain why he doesn't/didn't post anything at all.
Poet1960 wrote:It's kind of like inventing something and then waiting for the patent to clear before you market it. Reality generally is, whoever gets it on the market first, gets the sales and credit for the item, leaving the patent holder with nothing more than the patent in his hand.

Just a thought.
I don't think you understand how patents work

Yes I do. I don't think you understand what I said.

Online Now