Return to “General”

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

Victor Tombs wrote:My apologies, I wasn't ignoring you Dromeda5. It was a bit of a shock to this elder's system at a very early hour in the morning. It wasn't a dream after all and both Silver and Nathan have confirmed it.
No problem at all Victor. I was very surprised as well, and relieved with seeing Josh logged.

In fact, in the general frame, it made me very happy just to learn that Josh is alive and feeling well - or at least somewhat well, since he said he's working hard. If I were him, I would gave already given up for the sake of my personal health. I admire his persisntece.

Even if, in the specific frame of LT, I am very worried that we will get yet-another "I'll never give up on LT, I'm working hard, but screenshots or any content related news about the game to come soon - it is, in the near [never-to-be-reached] future". I think that at this point, after more than 2 years with no game content news, there is no more room for vagueness.

I'm hesitant to get hopeful at this point. This wouldn't be the first time he has come back to make contact, say that he would give an update soon, only to then not give an update for months. With Josh, I'm taking the stance of "I'll believe it when I see it" and after abandoning the community supporting this game multiple times, the only thing that will make me believe is a finished copy of the game running on my PC.

mcsven wrote:
kaeroku wrote:
mcsven wrote:<snip>
I fully advocate public domain information being shared among members of that domain, yes. Any other interpretation is creative bullshit.
Fortunately no interpretation is required; your original words are admirably clear.

I'd like to make a few points about this "information in the public domain" argument.

Firstly, the word "information" here is doing a lot of work, because it is obscuring what we're actually talking about: details of Josh's private life. If you're going to make this case then at least have the courage of your convictions and be clear: you advocate details of Josh's private life being shared.

Secondly, the public nature of this information doesn't immediately lend it moral weight. We're all here because of Limit Theory, not Josh's private life. We're not his friends, in the usual understanding of the word. Josh has been remarkably forthcoming about the personal issues that have affected his ability to do what he promised in the Kickstarter, and I have exchanged posts on this forum and a few chats in IRC with him... but my connection to Josh is through the development of the game, not aspects of his personal life. Nothing he has ever said or done gives me the moral authority go to hunting around on Facebook to determine what's going on in his life in my view. I would regard that as being true even if I were bringing a lawsuit to get my pledge back.
Public domain is public domain. The fact your entire premise relies entirely on obfuscating that fact reveals your entire argument as technically weak.

Victor Tombs wrote:In those days the coding warrior was like clockwork with his posts...well almost.

I hope he will reappear again and post something...anything will do for me. Even one of those tasteless limericks that DW is so fond of. *chuckle*
I strongly second that, with one minor change: anything related to game content of any sort will do for me, even if a paragraph on what's new in the game.

Dromeda5 wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:In those days the coding warrior was like clockwork with his posts...well almost.

I hope he will reappear again and post something...anything will do for me. Even one of those tasteless limericks that DW is so fond of. *chuckle*
I strongly second that, with one minor change: anything related to game content of any sort will do for me, even if a paragraph on what's new in the game.
It would be really nice to get that in here. But we do see that Josh is alive again, so hopefully he gets himself in a position to start producing game related content for us again. :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now