Return to “General”

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

My apologies, I wasn't ignoring you Dromeda5. It was a bit of a shock to this elder's system at a very early hour in the morning. It wasn't a dream after all and both Silver and Nathan have confirmed it. The conversation did indeed take place in the IRC, Tycow, and what was established is that Josh is indeed still hard at work.

My thanks to Nathan for his persistence in trying to get the coding warrior to respond. I'm hoping that the persistent green jacket has convinced Josh of the need for saying something about LT but it does look more promising for the future of Freelancer 2. :D

I don't do squirrels, Prack, but I do understand your excitement. We share both the excitement and curiosity, rens282. :angel:

Cha0zz wrote:Well this is good news :D

A bit odd to see it in the unhappiness thread though :P
I never did like this thread much, Cha0zz, hence my off topic comments on several occasions. ;) It's right that it exists due to the legitimate concerns that have been expressed here by members but I'm hoping for it to be much less prominent from now on. :)

Note that word hoping. :angel:

Mistycica wrote:
Talvieno wrote:Basically: he's still hard at work.
just as my dreams had foretold
I am *so* nervous right now.
I shouldn't be; I am usually optimistic (I know that might surprise y'all), and hearing any kind of statement from Josh is such relief after so long in the darkness.

But I am. I'm desperately nervous that he's going to say he's been working on LT and he'd never give it up, and we need to trust him.
And still not say anything about changing his ways and make a realistic plan or give us something more, well, tangible.

This second Great Silence has really driven away such a lot of my trust and faith and it will take a lot to restore even part of it.

I'm so nervous. :-(
--
Mind The Gap

Talvieno wrote:I had a long chat with him, and he should be making a post on here (not this specific thread, hopefully; I've strongly advised against that) very soon. Basically: he's still hard at work.
Cheers Tal... quietly optimistic about your post, especially as we promised a similar message back in August (I think - memory is failing me). Thanks for the info though. :D:D:D

Ringu - exactly the same here! :silent:

(Regardless of how fleeting your return is, welcome back Josh! :thumbup:)
Image LT Backer Number: 647 of 5449.

Hmmm, I'm afraid "hard at work" doesn't mean what it used to with Josh's past behavior and 'lack' of that 'work' evidence. Good he's still around and making tentative contact though, but stiffing everyone over that long holiday (and several months) isn't winning him any support.

and @Prack, way to grind everyone's browser to a halt. :squirrel:

Talvieno wrote:I had a long chat with him, and he should be making a post on here (not this specific thread, hopefully; I've strongly advised against that) very soon. Basically: he's still hard at work.
That's what his music guy said months ago. I'm not 100% enthusiastic, and I'm a little peeved that he went to the IRC instead of the forums. :problem:

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Ringu wrote:
Mistycica wrote:
Talvieno wrote:Basically: he's still hard at work.
just as my dreams had foretold
I am *so* nervous right now.
I shouldn't be; I am usually optimistic (I know that might surprise y'all), and hearing any kind of statement from Josh is such relief after so long in the darkness.

But I am. I'm desperately nervous that he's going to say he's been working on LT and he'd never give it up, and we need to trust him.
And still not say anything about changing his ways and make a realistic plan or give us something more, well, tangible.

This second Great Silence has really driven away such a lot of my trust and faith and it will take a lot to restore even part of it.

Pretty much the same for me. If it's more of the same "Update soon! Still hard at work! You have to have trust and faith!", it means nothing at this point.

I guess it's better than silence. I remember the last great return and the end of silence seemed to usher in a new feeling of excitement and hope. I can't say I have similar feelings now.

Bottom line, you can only tell people the same things and fail to deliver time and time again. After a certain point the words just don't have the same effect.

On the flip side, I do hope Josh is doing well. Perhaps he will come with actual news and a real update. I won't hold my breath however.
My Signature

rens282 wrote:Now I'm really exited.... Or curious :? :crazy:
I'd say more, but I think it would be better if Josh said it himself.
Ringu wrote:I am *so* nervous right now.

I'm doing a lot to try to make sure it doesn't happen again. Josh has already set up a guaranteed line of communication between myself and him, and he's thinking of making much more frequent updates on the forums than before. It wouldn't be an update per day, of course, but I'm making some headway on urging him to settle for something more frequent than monthly. And definitely more frequent than biannual. :P
NonBritGit wrote:Hmmm, I'm afraid "hard at work" doesn't mean what it used to with Josh's past behavior and 'lack' of that 'work' evidence. Good he's still around and making tentative contact though, but stiffing everyone over that long holiday (and several months) isn't winning him any support.
I could say a lot more, but I'm being careful not to. That's Josh's job, not mine. (Unless he wants to make me his official community manager. :ghost:)
Frankestein wrote:So .... this means i won't die a lurker ?
Nope! Welcome to the forums! :D Glad to see you here, and I hope you don't stay a lurker. :P
IronDuke wrote:I'm a little peeved that he went to the IRC instead of the forums. :problem:
--IronDuke
This is not a helpful attitude to have, to be honest. This sentiment actually really screwed up his anxiety problems last year. I'm getting him to take baby steps toward coming back. Please don't undo my efforts. :P He'll be posting on the forums very soon. (As in, hopefully today.)
Zanteogo wrote:I guess it's better than silence. I remember the last great return and the end of silence seemed to usher in a new feeling of excitement and hope. I can't say I have similar feelings now.

Bottom line, you can only tell people the same things and fail to deliver time and time again. After a certain point the words just don't have the same effect.

On the flip side, I do hope Josh is doing well. Perhaps he will come with actual news and a real update. I won't hold my breath however.
I'm going to do my very best to make sure things clear up. He took what I had to say rather well yesterday, so I think things may change.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now