Return to “General”

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

kaeroku wrote:
mcsven wrote:<snip>
I fully advocate public domain information being shared among members of that domain, yes. Any other interpretation is creative bullshit.
Fortunately no interpretation is required; your original words are admirably clear.

I'd like to make a few points about this "information in the public domain" argument.

Firstly, the word "information" here is doing a lot of work, because it is obscuring what we're actually talking about: details of Josh's private life. If you're going to make this case then at least have the courage of your convictions and be clear: you advocate details of Josh's private life being shared.

Secondly, the public nature of this information doesn't immediately lend it moral weight. We're all here because of Limit Theory, not Josh's private life. We're not his friends, in the usual understanding of the word. Josh has been remarkably forthcoming about the personal issues that have affected his ability to do what he promised in the Kickstarter, and I have exchanged posts on this forum and a few chats in IRC with him... but my connection to Josh is through the development of the game, not aspects of his personal life. Nothing he has ever said or done gives me the moral authority go to hunting around on Facebook to determine what's going on in his life in my view. I would regard that as being true even if I were bringing a lawsuit to get my pledge back.
Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

Victor Tombs wrote:Well, that proves Josh is still in the land of the living. :D I could be dreaming this but that looks like the red coat of Josh Parnell. Welcome back Josh I hope you are well. :thumbup:

Any news for us or is such interest expressed here doomed to be ignored? :angel:
Are you talking about the fact that Josh finally logged in the forums today after near 5 months (which yes, at least confirms he is among the living), or am I missing something else?

Online Now