Return to “General”

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

Lum wrote:I remember when posting wars were banned from a lot of internet forums to keep things clean and neat :ghost: Yet another thing where these forums are unique :lol:
This forum is unique because the moderators are the ones supporting the dumbassery. :V

Thanks Tal!
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

NonBritGit wrote:The only thing I can add to that is, this is my 200th post. Do I win the internets?
Any member who adds interest to these somewhat sad forums is a winner, NonBritGit. :D
Detritus wrote:Take a quick peek at Victor's post count...
I'm still not impressed by post count, Detritus, but I can't see any point in repeating what I've said before in other parts of these forums. Cute animals and sophisticated ideas/suggestions hold the same value for me. This would be a boring place without the variety. ;)
Silverware wrote:Vicky, is a pretty valued poster.
Only higher poster is the Cornedflake himself.
Hmm...If you don't stop calling me Vicky I will be forced to be impolite and start calling you Sylvia. :mrgreen:

I never consider myself to be a valued poster, Silver, but it's heartwarming to know that others feel that way about my contributions here. :)
Talvieno wrote:I was due to break Victor's postcount a while back. Then I stopped posting as much. :shifty:
If it means that much to you, Nathan, I could refrain from posting. You are aware that I'm more comfortable lurking? :angel:

Vicky Tombs wrote:
Hmm...If you don't stop calling me Vicky I will be forced to be impolite and start calling you Sylvia. :mrgreen:
But that would be impolite of you, and you are not one to be impolite are you? :angel:

:lol:
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:
Vicky Tombs wrote:
But that would be impolite of you, and you are not one to be impolite are you? :angel:

:lol:
I have this - potentially misguided - impression that Victor is not one to be impolite in the same way that Bruce Lee was not one to physically attack people. I.e. He didn't do it because he'd be able to destroy them. :-D
--
Mind The Gap

Ringu wrote:I have this - potentially misguided - impression that Victor is not one to be impolite in the same way that Bruce Lee was not one to physically attack people. I.e. He didn't do it because he'd be able to destroy them. :D
Again I feel the need to thank you Ringu for your remarkable insight. Your impression of me is not misguided but I believe Silver was being playful and not disrespectful. :D

I haven't always been polite, gentlemen. :angel:

Used to belong to an online music forum where after each and every some, people would post BAMM! and other one worders to up their post count. I wrote a script that copied the last song's name and added a similar post after each song - and let it run overnight.

Not so concerned these days about high post count - coupled with not much to say - or maybe I've gotten to the age where I've stopped believing anyone cares what I have to say, haha. :silent:

I kind of wish we had a like button on these forums. I've read a lot of good ideas over the years and would have loved to like them instead of making a post that said "+1 great idea!". I am happy that you guys are still able to make me laugh. The Bruce Lee analogy was superb.

BFett wrote:I kind of wish we had a like button on these forums. I've read a lot of good ideas over the years and would have loved to like them instead of making a post that said "+1 great idea!".
I was active on a forum a few years ago whose software supported various kinds of awards -- little icons that looked like medals that you could display under your avatar. Some were awarded by other forum members, and some by moderators, but most of them actually took effort to earn.

I know other forums have used something similar (Gavin's Voxel Quest forum, for example). But this site I used to visit had such a good collection of awards for really smart, funny, helpful, insightful posts that I'm convinced it contributed to the very high quality level of the participation there.

If I ever run a forum, it will have this feature.

Online Now