Return to “General”

Post

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

#1563
kaeroku wrote:
Slymodi wrote:Josh *is* still working.
There is literally no evidence of that.
Just like there is literally no evidence of him not working.

If Josh isn't talking, he isn't talking.
If you want to raise court action against him, do so, don't just bitch and moan on the forums about it.

I am fucking sick of people bitching and moaning about this. WE ALL FUCKING KNOW!

Build a bridge and get over it.

I want to see LT as much as the next guy, but unlike you blithering naysayers, I at least have a modicum of respect for Josh's past work.
He has produced something, we know this for a bloody fact.
He may never finish it, and if he doesn't it will be sad.
But he is also only one guy, and is human just like the rest of us.

So either join the community in waiting, and join in the other forum areas.
Or fuck off already, you literally produce nothing but more frustration with those of us who want to be sociable with the others on the forum.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);
Post

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

#1565
Yes, this is the therad for unhappiness.

That said, Kaeroku, if you want to worry with a lawsuit, you're going to have a lot more luck on Kickstarter than here. It's worth pointing out that the people that frequent the forums typically do so because they still like Josh/LT/the community, not the other way around. Talking about lawsuits here is generally not well accepted. Even in the unhappiness thread.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

#1566
Talvieno wrote:Yes, this is the therad for unhappiness.

That said, Kaeroku, if you want to worry with a lawsuit, you're going to have a lot more luck on Kickstarter than here. It's worth pointing out that the people that frequent the forums typically do so because they still like Josh/LT/the community, not the other way around. Talking about lawsuits here is generally not well accepted. Even in the unhappiness thread.
I don't think such reply to Kaeroku was particularly the correct one. It was actually sad to read such a reply just after Kaeroku got a rage-reply from someone else. But, first, let me make it clear: I would never join a lawsuit against Josh, even if he deserved it (which I think he doesn't). And actually I find the idea a bit silly: who would be willing to spend money, time and effort with that just to recover like $20, $30 or even $200 from Josh? It makes no sense.

Now, I think it's absurd to say that people cannot talk about that if they want. Or, to use your words, that it's not well accepted. IF it is not well accepted, it's people's job to start learning how to accept reading talks, particularly in this thread, that they don't agree with. And without indulging themselves in becoming offensive. And it's job of everyone how want to keep this place a nice one, in particular the moderators I would think, to reprimend offensive posts as the one Kaeroku got as a reply to his idea. What I, for one, think it's unnaceptable is that someone thinks it's ok to write an aggressive post to Kaeroku.

Kaeroku: again, I find your idea not very well thought-through, because the trouble and costs of lawsuit, even a collective one, would be far beyond any money you can recover from Josh. I even find it unfair, because if Josh has given proof that he is not prepared to be a professional gamedev, he has also given proof that this was never a scam. Anyways, don't let people intimidate you on what you should or not talk here, specially in this thread, provided that you keep being polite and keep talking nicely.
Last edited by Dromeda5 on Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

#1567
Silverware wrote:
kaeroku wrote:
Slymodi wrote:Josh *is* still working.
There is literally no evidence of that.
Just like there is literally no evidence of him not working.

If Josh isn't talking, he isn't talking.
If you want to raise court action against him, do so, don't just bitch and moan on the forums about it.

I am frakking sick of people bitching and moaning about this. WE ALL frakking KNOW!

Build a bridge and get over it.

I want to see LT as much as the next guy, but unlike you blithering naysayers, I at least have a modicum of respect for Josh's past work.
He has produced something, we know this for a bloody fact.
He may never finish it, and if he doesn't it will be sad.
But he is also only one guy, and is human just like the rest of us.

So either join the community in waiting, and join in the other forum areas.
Or frak off already, you literally produce nothing but more frustration with those of us who want to be sociable with the others on the forum.

If you are not satisfied with what you read in this thread to the point of not being able to control your nerves, to the point of becoming offensive, aggressive, instead of keep being polite and nice, then who should get out of this thread is probably you. I don't see how or why you would expect to read nice and positive things, instead of complains, in the unhappy megathread that was created precisely to aggegate negative posts about Josh and the game, as well as complains. You are sick of all the negativity here? Besides I and certainly most of the world not caring about what you are sick of, there is an easy solution to your sickness: don't read this thread. It is that easy.
Post

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

#1568
Dromeda5 wrote:
Talvieno wrote:Yes, this is the therad for unhappiness.

That said, Kaeroku, if you want to worry with a lawsuit, you're going to have a lot more luck on Kickstarter than here. It's worth pointing out that the people that frequent the forums typically do so because they still like Josh/LT/the community, not the other way around. Talking about lawsuits here is generally not well accepted. Even in the unhappiness thread.
I don't think such reply to Kaeroku was particularly the correct one. It was actually sad to read such a reply just after Kaeroku got a rage-reply from someone else.
Ah, seems I merely skimmed over the rage post. :? Yes, that was uncalled for. Let's try to keep it polite in here, people. Constructive. :)
Dromeda5 wrote: Now, I think it's absurd to say that people cannot talk about that if they want.
Related to lawsuits, it's on Josh's orders. I'm supposed to discourage conversation about lawsuits in general. Not ban it outright, mind, but Josh doesn't want newcomers coming away with such a negative message, and wanted to make sure that talk was kept to the Kickstarter page. I have done my best to stick by that. (Granted, it's anyone's guess where the project actually is right now, but still, just doing my job.)
What I, for one, think it's unnaceptable is that someone thinks it's ok to write an aggressive post to Kaeroku.
I plan to talk to Silverware about it. Please take it up with me in PM if you have any questions.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

#1569
Were this thread titled "The Specific Unhappiness Megathread Only for Discontent About The Lack of Josh's Presence and the Indefinite Delay on the Release of Limit Theory", then certainly Silverware would be off-topic, but as the title stands, technically anybody can post here about their unhappiness without a restriction on what the source of said unhappiness is.

Being unsavory is a different matter, though I feel that unironically using the word "frak" as an expletive does more to undermine one's point and intended offense than actually convey either.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ
Post

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

#1571
Talvieno wrote:
Grumblesaur wrote: ... I feel that unironically using the word "frak" as an expletive does more to undermine one's point and intended offense than actually convey either.
:lol: That's Josh's censorship at work.
I'd forgotten we had a wordfilter. I though people around here were just bad at picking their minced oaths.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to add, when the game comes out and Josh is back, we should put this thread to bed and never speak of it again. We're sitting on 100+ pages of bad juju right here.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ
Post

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

#1572
Grumblesaur wrote:
Talvieno wrote:
Grumblesaur wrote: ... I feel that unironically using the word "frak" as an expletive does more to undermine one's point and intended offense than actually convey either.
:lol: That's Josh's censorship at work.
I'd forgotten we had a wordfilter. I though people around here were just bad at picking their minced oaths.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to add, when the game comes out and Josh is back, we should put this thread to bed and never speak of it again. We're sitting on 100+ pages of bad juju right here.
I have been a vocal supporter of Josh over the years. I certainly believe that he is a bright fellow and a talented coder (even if he has had his fair share of stumbles as a novice game designer).

However, there is no way to sugarcoat the fact that the complaints, disappointment, and ill will, expressed in this thread are directly attributable to how Josh has handled development and communication with his backers since his mental breakdown.

Josh has every right to prioritize his health over a project that has endangered (and possibly still endangers) his well being. To be honest, upon his return from the "dark days" I had hoped that he would put matters in perspective and walk away from Limit Theory and return to Stanford to complete his bachelor's degree.

The choice to continue was his alone. Once Josh announced that he would resume development on Limit Theory, the burden of dealing with the demands and expectations of the project were his again as well.

This thread is simply a vent for frustration. I suspect that no one who still cares about Limit Theory, doubter or true believer, feels satisfaction in the current state of affairs.
I know not what life is, nor death.
Year in year out-all but a dream.
Both Heaven and Hell are left behind;
I stand in the moonlit dawn,
Free from clouds of attachment.
Post

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

#1573
@Silver You cannot prove a negative, at least without unreasonable measures. I cannot prove that I didn't rob a bank last week, we cannot prove that Josh isn't working on anything, but we don't really have much evidence that he is working on anything either. To me, both sides have evidence to support their claims. People who think he isn't working on anything have his track record and lack of communication to stand on. People who think he is working on something are relying on a few logins by Josh here and there and the pre-Dark Days track record. At this point, I find the evidence that he isn't working on anything is more convincing because I have seen more of it and I think his track record over the past two years leads me to believe that there hasn't been much going on with LT. I feel the track record over the past two years is more indicative of what is to come than the track record that existed prior. I haven't had much faith in the completion of this project for the past year, but it's approaching that point for me where I don't think getting back on track is possible and following the continued "development" may just be a waste of time.
Post

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

#1574
IronDuke wrote:
NonBritGit wrote: Looks like a picture of him and his mum? Can't recall if it was previously him and his girlfriend?
Apparently you're having trouble telling them apart. :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image
--IronDuke
Not judging if his GF is the same age as his mom. You have to find love where you can. :P
I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.
Post

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

#1575
Tom wrote: I have been a vocal supporter of Josh over the years. I certainly believe that he is a bright fellow and a talented coder (even if he has had his fair share of stumbles as a novice game designer).

However, there is no way to sugarcoat the fact that the complaints, disappointment, and ill will, expressed in this thread are directly attributable to how Josh has handled development and communication with his backers since his mental breakdown.

Josh has every right to prioritize his health over a project that has endangered (and possibly still endangers) his well being. To be honest, upon his return from the "dark days" I had hoped that he would put matters in perspective and walk away from Limit Theory and return to Stanford to complete his bachelor's degree.

The choice to continue was his alone. Once Josh announced that he would resume development on Limit Theory, the burden of dealing with the demands and expectations of the project were his again as well.

This thread is simply a vent for frustration. I suspect that no one who still cares about Limit Theory, doubter or true believer, feels satisfaction in the current state of affairs.
If I had a dollar for every time this exact post was made...

Well, I'd have one dollar if we go character by character, but what you say is nothing new, and indeed I'm pretty sure you've said it plenty of times before (probably even in reply to me).

The reason I look forward to this thread being locked and buried is because it's not gonna be the hottest thread on the forums and souring people's point of view anymore. I don't even care what impact it has on Josh at this point -- a lot of the things that have been said here have been in very poor spirits and it really reflects badly on our community that this wellspring of negativity has been the biggest talking point on our forums for months.

This is our dark age. Yes, I want the game to come out, but in the uncertain amount of time that should elapse before that happens, I want the complainers to decide that they've said their piece. Every active participant of this thread has repeated themselves ad nauseam and we have the same arguments on every page. There's no point in it all. This thread exists for two reasons:
  • Containing the flow of negativity surrounding the uncertain state of Limit Theory's development.
  • Avoiding the acts of censorship that would be necessary in other forms of containing the flow of such negativity.
It would be terrible for us as moderators to just hide/move to spam/edit every post that mentions Josh in a negative light, not just in terms of limiting the capacity of forum users to express themselves, but also because the work would be insurmountable.

But good lord, what more is there for anyone to argue about? Other than getting our weekly new user who starts a complaint thread because they don't know how to use the search box, we don't have a whole lot of new voices in this conversation on either side.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron