Return to “General”

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

If Josh's intention all along was to scam backers, he would never have:

1. Coded, released, and updated the Limit Theory Prototype.
2. Refused to accept any additional money after the end of the Kickstarter.
3. Engaged with the community nearly every day for two years in the devlogs.

The combination of these is strong enough that I will never, without seeing specific evidence to the contrary, believe that Josh intended to bilk anyone of anything.

I've given up any expectations that Josh will honor what I consider a moral responsibility to regularly inform backers of the status of the project they helped to fund. But I'm not going to criticize him until I know why he has gone dark for months again.

I just hope he's OK.

Flatfingers wrote:I will never, without seeing specific evidence to the contrary, believe that Josh intended to bilk anyone of anything.

I've given up any expectations that Josh will honor what I consider a moral responsibility to regularly inform backers of the status of the project they helped to fund. But I'm not going to criticize him until I know why he has gone dark for months again.
QFT
--
Mind The Gap

Right, if he ever fails to deliver it will be because he can't, not because he won't.

Still, I can't help thinking this is another episode. If it is, I have to imagine the project is dead, as his doctor's advice will be to have him stop the project pressure which is bringing on these psychotic episodes.
I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.

Flatfingers wrote: I've given up any expectations that Josh will honor what I consider a moral responsibility to regularly inform backers of the status of the project they helped to fund. But I'm not going to criticize him until I know why he has gone dark for months again.
When someone fails to deliver on promises time and time again, it is damn near insanity to continue giving them the benefit of the doubt.

IronDuke wrote:
kaeroku wrote: When someone fails to deliver on promises time and time again, it is damn near insanity to continue giving them the benefit of the doubt.
Good. :ghost:
I hereby give Josh the benefit of the doubt. Sanity is so overrated. :squirrel:

--IronDuke
I will choose to stand along side IronDuke on this matter! May we all hang together or surely we will all hang separately.

BFett wrote:
IronDuke wrote:
kaeroku wrote: When someone fails to deliver on promises time and time again, it is damn near insanity to continue giving them the benefit of the doubt.
Good. :ghost:
I hereby give Josh the benefit of the doubt. Sanity is so overrated. :squirrel:

--IronDuke
I will choose to stand along side IronDuke on this matter! May we all hang together or surely we will all hang separately.
Well said. I'm hanging with you guys :thumbup:
old-fashioned :ghost:

I'm getting a bit long in the tooth for this "hanging with" malarkey but I'm still confident that the coding warrior will one day deliver the promised precious. How can I not give Josh the benefit of the doubt? :angel:

I can think of no other Community of slightly insane masochists with whom I would choose to lose whatever sanity I have left. *chuckle*

kaeroku wrote:
Flatfingers wrote: I've given up any expectations that Josh will honor what I consider a moral responsibility to regularly inform backers of the status of the project they helped to fund. But I'm not going to criticize him until I know why he has gone dark for months again.
When someone fails to deliver on promises time and time again, it is damn near insanity to continue giving them the benefit of the doubt.
Not when it's perfectly well in line with the theory that it's because he still has his mental issues with the whole communication theory.
Well, theory... he said that quite literally to Cornflakes :P

And anyhow, I've never claimed to be sane. Sanity is overrated :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now