Return to “General”

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

My view at this stage is the forums should be closed, there is nothing to discuss about this game, it's not good for Josh the only properly active thread is this one and it's becoming increasingly repetitive.

Close the forums, everyone can chill-out and if Josh is ever able to come back game or no game then open them back up.

It's fine to say ignore them go away and do something else, but the existence of them as an assumed method of contacting Josh is probably not helping Josh in whatever state he is currently in.

These is a place of gathering for people from different countries who like to discuss different topics about different things while waiting for a game's release. Why the hell should they close the forums? The game isn't dead, so the forums should stay where they are.

It's funny to read people who never participate in anything around here come to us to say that we shouldn't be here to do whatever we want. Simple solution, go and never come back.
Last edited by Lum on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Lum wrote:These is a place of gathering for people from different countries whe like to discuss different topics about different things while waiting for a game's release. Why the hell should they close the forums? The game isn't dead, so the forums should stay where they are.

It's funny to read people who never participate in anything around here come to us to say that we shouldn't be here to do whatever we want. Simple solution, go and never come back.
I come here for precisely that reason, Lum. If it hadn't been for certain members who are interesting and interested in more than Limit Theory I would have disappeared from here many moons ago. :angel:

I'd hate to lose these forums. I already lost the ones at mektek.net and have also left the ones over at MWOmercs.com, so I'm here to stay. There are ideas on this forum that will never be presented to another space game again. It would be a shame for those quality posts to be unavailable, not to mention the interesting discussion generated by those posts. Take a look at what Cornflakes, ThymineC, Flatfingers and others have posted. This stuff should not be tossed aside as if it doesn't matter.

Also, I want a heads up if the forum will be closed so that I can get all of the REKT updates into a PDF file. Those stories are priceless and could probably provide a lot of entertainment for years to come.

There are different levels of "closed". Shutting everything down such that forums.ltheory.com yields a 404 clearly wouldn't be popular. However locking all forums except Everything Else and Games seems like a sensible move to me. That would allow the community to stay together, stop all the unhelpful LT bitching and cut down on the work of the mods until Teh Josh returns.

mcsven wrote:There are different levels of "closed". Shutting everything down such that forums.ltheory.com yields a 404 clearly wouldn't be popular. However locking all forums except Everything Else and Games seems like a sensible move to me. That would allow the community to stay together, stop all the unhelpful LT bitching and cut down on the work of the mods until Teh Josh returns.
That's what I had in mind (I never visit any of the other areas of the forums)

Godz wrote:i know i never contribute anything meanful but i hope the forum lives on even if we don't get an update soon... i still lurk around everyday
I reduced my level of lurking since the daily updates stopped, but I still like this forum and it's members very much and I'm reading nearly every new post when I have enough time to do so. :thumbup:

i drop by once a month, as far as closing the forums, maybe a little early to consider that, but if after say 6 months josh remains incognito then perhaps shut down some of the threads and forusm ( or at least lock off) those that were about ongoing development, maybe expand an other games section as long as there is community activity.

Reading through the threads it seems that contact with josh is very infrequent now, i would hope if he finally decides to stop development for whatever reason that an open sourcing of what is there is at least considered. IT does look according to the old videos good progress was being made. The idea for the game was solid, there are other titles out there that are moving forwrad some to market others still in active development.

As far as josh is there anyone here that still has some recent contact, or has he gone cold turkey, if by xmas theres no updates at least some indication to the community in a low key what 2017 holds.

Shutting the forums down might be a last resort, and if the project is dead except for those active it probably wouldnt phase josh to much if he has finally pulled the pin and moved on, or it could be the thing that lurers him out of hiding and gets the game finished. But it would be a risky move either way

BFett wrote: Also, I want a heads up if the forum will be closed so that I can get all of the REKT updates into a PDF file. Those stories are priceless and could probably provide a lot of entertainment for years to come.
I archived the entire "Suggestions" portion of the forum last night so I have all that now. All the HTML and media files and so on (yes, the memes) associated with any post in that section can be viewed on my web browser offline with the exact same aesthetic of the current online version. So that stuff isn't going to be lost in the worst case scenario.

mcsven wrote:There are different levels of "closed". Shutting everything down such that forums.ltheory.com yields a 404 clearly wouldn't be popular. However locking all forums except Everything Else and Games seems like a sensible move to me. That would allow the community to stay together, stop all the unhelpful LT bitching and cut down on the work of the mods until Teh Josh returns.
Us REKT players disagree with that :ghost:
(we're in Creative Writing)
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

If the goal of taking down the forums or locking certain sections is to lower the amount of complaining, I think that would utterly fail and be counterproductive. I say this because I know that I would probably go into full rebellion mode and it's likely many others would also. I've already spoken out against the censorship on this forum, shutting down criticism simply because you are tired of hearing it gives free-speechers like me more ammunition.

Online Now