Return to “General”

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

Hi guys, a little update on my part. Hope it doesn't backlash into more frustrations. :mrgreen:
One thing I can say at this moment is that I have been in regular communication with Josh over the year.
He may have his own reasons for being currently in the dark or being very cryptic lately and I will not try to argue on any's side because I understand some his reasons/difficulties and very much the community's impatience.

Development takes much more time than expected and for sure the main reasons is part perfectionism, some personal struggles but mostly the code rewrite to bring the programming to its most logical state in order to approach the final push. It remains a one-man band feat with some trials and errors getting the game up to this point.

I wish he got back to a tighter community postings schedule as I enjoyed his daily updates and I hope he comes back here soon.
The last time we talked it was backers and community updates. So I hope to see more of it soon! :)

Employee 2-4601 wrote:tremendously vague
Indeed. I should be clear that I'm not trying to attack you personally – it's just that I find a phrase like "it doesn't scale" symbolises the general "trust me it's gonna be great" vagueness that Josh has fobbed us off with regarding his search for the one true programming language. "It doesn't scale" has become something of in-joke as a largely meaningless criticism used by a programmer just prior to suggesting their favoured language as the best alternative.
Experiencing a significant gravitas shortfall

I saw the red text, and before I could get excited, I read the username... :(

Still excited, because red text means someone who is good at communicating with Josh is posting. :D :ghost:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Francois Jolin wrote:Hi guys, a little update on my part. Hope it doesn't backlash into more frustrations. :mrgreen:
One thing I can say at this moment is that I have been in regular communication with Josh over the year.
He may have his own reasons for being currently in the dark or being very cryptic lately and I will not try to argue on any's side because I understand some his reasons/difficulties and very much the community's impatience.

Development takes much more time than expected and for sure the main reasons is part perfectionism, some personal struggles but mostly the code rewrite to bring the programming to its most logical state in order to approach the final push. It remains a one-man band feat with some trials and errors getting the game up to this point.

I wish he got back to a tighter community postings schedule as I enjoyed his daily updates and I hope he comes back here soon.
The last time we talked it was backers and community updates. So I hope to see more of it soon! :)
Glad to learn that someone has been in contact with Josh. I hope you've talked to him in the last 2 months as well, since that would mean that he at least is well.

As for the game, all that you've said is perfectly fine in what regards the game being late. None of what you said justifies Josh 1) choosing to be non-transparent; 2) choosing to not give news on game content for 2 whole years; 3) running away when things don't go as planned.

I don't mind at all the game being late, I fully understand this is an one-man band and that a lot of things can go wrong and delay progress. I think most people would be supportive about all that as well, were Josh to be more transparent and honest about things.
Last edited by Dromeda5 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Francois Jolin wrote:Hi guys, a little update on my part. Hope it doesn't backlash into more frustrations. :mrgreen:

Just an idea, would you perhaps consider asking Josh to make yourself the community manager? You could do most of the community interactions, updates and postings?
My Signature

Zero Gravitas wrote: Hope. I remember the word. Along with trust and patience, I ran out of it a while ago.
I fully understand. Wish I could say something to change this, but Josh's updates might better help on this than me.
Talvieno wrote:Hey, Francois. :wave: Thanks for stopping by. It's nice to know that at least someone is in communication with Josh.
Hey Talvieno :wave: Thanks, yeah that's why I thought it was important to let people know that there is movement behind the curtains while we wait.
Dromeda5 wrote:
I don't mind at all the game being late, I fully understand this is an one-man band and that a lot of things can go wrong and delay progress. I think most people here would be supportive about all that as well. What is absurd and has no justification is the complete absence of feedback and the hiding.
Yes I know, like I said I'm not here to alleviate the reasons of Josh non-communication status. But I know he takes to heart everything people says and he's concern about it.
Zanteogo wrote: Just an idea, would you perhaps consider asking Josh to make yourself the community manager? You could do most of the community interactions, updates and postings?
We've talked a bit about this and it might be a solution to have somebody else than him to do this. Eventually, a community manager is needed for sure.

Thanks guys!

Francois Jolin wrote:
Talvieno wrote:There was talk of me being the community manager at one point, and I tried my best to fill those shoes, but I don't think that's going to happen at this point. He just doesn't talk to me enough.

You do an awesome job for sure Talvieno, let's see after the next update how we can restart this communication channel.

I would like to believe that this is have some true...if you talk with josh ...tell him that the comunity we the backers reclaim to have fresh news about this project ? when we see a beta or at least alpha release ? or this project is going to be canceled ...we need news very soon abou this

WASAVA wrote:
I would like to believe that this is have some true...if you talk with josh ...tell him that the comunity we the backers reclaim to have fresh news about this project ? when we see a beta or at least alpha release ? or this project is going to be canceled ...we need news very soon abou this
Yes for sure, that was exactly our last talk.

Online Now