Return to “General”

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

Cornflakes_91 wrote: I'd like to see any of that smudging you are talking about.
I have seen a lot of misuse of semantics on this forum to cloud the state of one's mind and of what is heard by the reader.

I won't be putting forward any examples originating from this forum because I do not want to start a conversation about what everyone means by writing what's written, that would be somewhat peddling of me.

I can use an example from what we all are familiar with though.
Remember what Sean Murray used to be saying when interviewed pre-release of No Man's sky? Remember what was heard by the public?

Nobody knows anything but people like to drop subtle inclinations that are not exactly clear and it's assisting to feed this shroud of uncertainty for people that believe the project is alive, making them question their trust, and it affects the people that don't believe the project is still alive by the same amount, just in the opposite direction.

I do not know if people like to be in this state of mind, I am here for about four weeks with the idea of the game pushed to the back of my head for some odd moths, but some of you are enduring this uncertainty for even years and by engulfing myself deeper into the threading of this forum I don't see a change caused by time pretty much in any direction.

I might be reaching too far because of my field of study, but it seems like people are coming back here to (mainly) get some sense of closure then with an idea of how things are going to be once the game is released.
My initial impulse is to make it so we all can see a big red and yellow flashing sign that says one or the other, so people can stop being as polarized as United States this time of ... well, this decade.

Edit.: I wrote that wrong, I saw a lot of change, I am sorry to have said the opposite. (also
)

All there is to do is wait and wonder. Thankfully, those are actions that we perform by doing other things.

Your official moderator statement is that we haven't heard from Josh for two months, and that the only thing we know about the game is that Josh hasn't told us it's dead. You can find all the most recent Josh posts of substance here, the last of which was August the 12th. Until that thread updates, we have nothing new to discuss.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Employee 2-4601 wrote:
Ringu wrote:I think WASAVA was referring to the line "perhaps a small investment from some of the backers" when he said "at least I can not say that's true"
Is WASAVA not a Kickstarter backer?
i am a backer ....

English is not my native language ... in the end the point is that this process at this stage has not been honest with much darkness and at least I have no proof and clear reasons to understand the problems josh may have ... .the other point is that josh is hidden behind the curtain and information about this project is a failure at this stage ... sadly we trust a person who promised us a spatial universe and to this point we have only a partially desilucion and for me it is clear that with high probability this project is already a failure or at least partial evidence to this point ... that to be sending reasons "that if josh told me that everything will be ok" that's a step false...
I have become much more cautious of the projects I back nowadays. I'd love a refund, but I know it's just a pipe dream.

I'm not complaining about the project taking so long. But not talking to us - his backers, his supporters - is not excusable.

"I tried but this project has defeated me for now. I'm sorry to disappoint everybody but failure was always a possibility. Though this kickstarter project has failed, I'll keep tinkering with LT in my spare time as a hobby and if anything playable ever comes of it, all my backers will get a free copy."
I didn't get in on the kickstarter, but I would be fairly certain that there would be a bit of an uproar stating "we want our money back" if this happened. This would be (for me at least) a huge reason not to say this very thing to supporters. I personally wouldn't give two shites for a $100 I might have given, but there will be an uproar, and I can imagine Josh is scared to death of 'failure'.

WASAVA wrote: I have become much more cautious of the projects I back nowadays. I'd love a refund, but I know it's just a pipe dream.

I'm not complaining about the project taking so long. But not talking to us - his backers, his supporters - is not excusable.
Was this part copy-pasted from something? It reads quite differently, has perfect grammar, caps, and punctuation. :silent: :shifty: :ghost:

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

IronDuke wrote:
WASAVA wrote: I have become much more cautious of the projects I back nowadays. I'd love a refund, but I know it's just a pipe dream.

Was this part copy-pasted from something? It reads quite differently, has perfect grammar, caps, and punctuation. :silent: :shifty: :ghost:

--IronDuke
So are we mocking non-native English speakers now?

Perhaps I just awoke from a coma and Donald Trump won the election for Russia... I mean America?
My Signature

NonBritGit wrote:
"I tried but this project has defeated me for now. I'm sorry to disappoint everybody but failure was always a possibility. Though this kickstarter project has failed, I'll keep tinkering with LT in my spare time as a hobby and if anything playable ever comes of it, all my backers will get a free copy."
I didn't get in on the kickstarter, but I would be fairly certain that there would be a bit of an uproar stating "we want our money back" if this happened. This would be (for me at least) a huge reason not to say this very thing to supporters. I personally wouldn't give two shites for a $100 I might have given, but there will be an uproar, and I can imagine Josh is scared to death of 'failure'.
So if this happens, we linger for years not knowing what is going on? The forever silence.

I think that Josh, at least the Josh we used to know would be much too honourable to do such a thing.
My Signature

Online Now