Return to “General”

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

Keep the forum alive is no signal that this project is alive ....for me this project is almost dead ....by this bad experience I will not support a game kickstarter

it looks like this project is a failure with no sign of absolutely nothing concrete ... so someone say us that everything will be fine ....

what is really unfair and disrespectful is Josh's behavior with his backers. I could accept that the project will never be completed, that was a possibility from the very beginning. However, hiding from his backers at this point is more than a sign of cowardice. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

WASAVA wrote: what is really unfair and disrespectful is Josh's behavior with his backers. I could accept that the project will never be completed, that was a possibility from the very beginning. However, hiding from his backers at this point is more than a sign of cowardice. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Do you have any close family or friends with mental illness? You can't just tell someone to just stop having it. You can't "will" it away because it's origins are rooted in the very brain that the will comes from.

Josh most certainly has some degree of mental illness. He was probably unaware of it, or didn't understand how severe it was. The stress of leaving the safety of home, and the pressure of deadlines and long work hours seems to have brought it out full force. A specific personal issue also seems to have occurred at both communication blackouts. As said before, anyone who has been following Josh has to know what they were.

It sucks, but it's just a video game and perhaps a small investment from some of the backers. Perhaps he will still finish it.
My Signature

Zanteogo wrote:
WASAVA wrote: what is really unfair and disrespectful is Josh's behavior with his backers. I could accept that the project will never be completed, that was a possibility from the very beginning. However, hiding from his backers at this point is more than a sign of cowardice. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Do you have any close family or friends with mental illness? You can't just tell someone to just stop having it. You can't "will" it away because it's origins are rooted in the very brain that the will comes from.

Josh most certainly has some degree of mental illness. He was probably unaware of it, or didn't understand how severe it was. The stress of leaving the safety of home, and the pressure of deadlines and long work hours seems to have brought it out full force. A specific personal issue also seems to have occurred at both communication blackouts. As said before, anyone who has been following Josh has to know what they were.

It sucks, but it's just a video game and perhaps a small investment from some of the backers. Perhaps he will still finish it.
where is the evidence? you would know that all that was true? here were lost was more than US 100,00 do not come now with that story

at least I can not say that's true

WASAVA wrote:where is the evidence? you would know that all that was true? here were lost was more than US 100,00 do not come now with that story

You can say it's not true? Where is your evidence?

Josh came in here and said he was having mental issues himself. He hasn't been spotted doing anything that would imply otherwise. Who are you to say that he isn't ill?

You are being a horrible person. Stop it.
Games I like, in order of how much I like them. (Now permanent and updated regularly!)

WASAVA wrote:
Zanteogo wrote:

where is the evidence? you would know that all that was true? here were lost was more than US 100,00 do not come now with that story

I believe it's true based on the years of interaction with Josh and the similar claims of people who know him much better than I do. Don't believe it if you want. Short of getting a doctor to tell us, which they can't for legal reasons, we can't prove this to a 100% certainly.

I mean, I suppose Josh could have been faking it since the start. I doubt it however.

As for losing hundred dollars. I am sorry. I really am. It's hardly a fortune however. It's also a lesson to be learned. Never invest in a kickstarter or anything similar more than you are willing to lose.
My Signature

mcsven wrote:The question is: do the forums make the release of the game more, or less, likely? The answer is clear, to me at least.
Complete nonsense.

History has shown that what is said on this forum has zero effect on Josh's behaviour. Moreover, shutting down the forum (or making it read only) is going to have what effect on the goodwill of backers who have been told repeatedly to come here for the latest news and discussion on the project? He's already lost the goodwill of many backers. Such a "sweep it under the rug" manoeuvre is likely to trigger a deluge of criticism and abuse, and probably some negative press coverage (everyone loves to read and make snarky comments on the latest Kickstarter "scam" story).

At this point, the best thing he can do is what he should have done all along but we know he can't because of his condition: be open and honest with his backers about the state of the game, and be honest with himself about what his resources and his mental health will allow him to achieve.

I think Zanteogo is right, if Josh has hit another brick wall, it's time to stop in order to salvage some of his backers' goodwill and some of his mental health.

"I tried but this project has defeated me for now. I'm sorry to disappoint everybody but failure was always a possibility. Though this kickstarter project has failed, I'll keep tinkering with LT in my spare time as a hobby and if anything playable ever comes of it, all my backers will get a free copy."

Honestly, to see the above in a Kickstarter update would be a relief to me at this point.
Experiencing a significant gravitas shortfall

DigitalDuck wrote:
WASAVA wrote:where is the evidence? you would know that all that was true? here were lost was more than US 100,00 do not come now with that story

You can say it's not true? Where is your evidence?

Josh came in here and said he was having mental issues himself. He hasn't been spotted doing anything that would imply otherwise. Who are you to say that he isn't ill?

You are being a horrible person. Stop it.
I think WASAVA was referring to the line "perhaps a small investment from some of the backers" when he said "at least I can not say that's true"; English is not his native language. I'm sure he wasn't calling Zanteogo out :-)
--
Mind The Gap

Dinosawer wrote:I think you misunderstood something, esteemdav - Tal doesn't claim the right to shut down the forums, merely that he could if he wanted to (because he's admin). And the info he gives us is vague because that's literally all the info he has. It's not that he communicates often and exuberantly with Josh in private, Josh is hardly less vague and hard to reach for the mods too.
"he said he's working on it' is literally all there is to say.
I stand corrected.

From what I understand, all claims made by anyone in this forum about the state of the game are in essence wrong and uninformative and
some people are using the situation to smudge the truth instead of trying to bring it to the warmth of light.

esteemdav wrote: From what I understand, all claims made by anyone in this forum about the state of the game are in essence wrong and uninformative and
some people are using the situation to smudge the truth instead of trying to bring it to the warmth of light.
Wait what?

I'd like to see any of that smudging you are talking about.

And the info coming from the people who (at least occasionally) actually talk to josh (tal, me,the other IRC'ists..) is accurate up to our common and my personal knowledgr.
WASAVA wrote: where is the evidence? you would know that all that was true? here were lost was more than US 100,00 do not come now with that story
I know from him telling me as a friend.

And from the same source i know that he's working to the best of his abilities (or at least was at the beginning of last month).

Cornflakes_91 wrote:And the info coming from the people who (at least occasionally) actually talk to josh (tal, me,the other IRC'ists..) is accurate up to our common and my personal knowledge.
I haven't spoken to him for months. I think the last occasion was during an IRC session. We used to converse on a daily basis back in the early days of the project before the darkness descended. It's kind of sad how his relationship with his backers and supporters has deteriorated. :(

Online Now