Return to “General”

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

kostuek wrote:That's hard to do even for a team, let aside for a single developer. Maybe we will see a light version of this in some future, but it is probably good to lower the expectations, to avoid a NMS syndrom.
Agreed. I understand that Josh is shooting for that kind of thing, but A.I. expectations should be filed under "wait until you see it before leaping to any conclusions". We've seen a handful of fairly basic behaviours on display, but inferring from those that all of your A.I. hopes and dreams are in the game just isn't sensible. I'm expecting the game to fall short in this area, myself.

kostuek wrote:Update 15 shows one system with one planet with one thing to trade. You may probably call it a tech demo, but it's far away from a whole universe working this way stable (and not killing your CPU by doing so).
I have often wondered about this. It could be what is giving Josh some difficultly and perhaps what lead to the re-write. We know stuff that cannot be seen is simulated, and the further away from the player the less "exact" it becomes. (I cannot remember the word Josh used)

I imagine this could lead to some frustration on the players part. Set up a well defended mini empire, decide to go on a deep space vacation, return to find everything gone... Simulating multiple star systems seems, complex...
My Signature

Dinosawer wrote:Player assets are always simulated exactly, though, it's only other ones that become less precise.
I can still see this leading to weirdness. On top of that a player with multiple assets in many systems will kill the game. (I imagine any ways)

At some point, some parts of the universe will need to be "put on hold" and simulated to catch up when the player gets close enough. The problem with this is, what if the catch up simulation has the AI leaving the system and going to systems the player already visited? The AI will have to be made to not want to wander too far from home I guess.
My Signature

BFett wrote:October first 2016. The Node is silent, we know where he is but he refuses to talk to us. We tell each other stories in attempts to boost moral but the sad feelings linger. Some are angry, rightfully so, that the Node has not delivered us anything of substance for over a year. Perhaps dark times are upon us. Perhaps the end is not within sight. The camp has grown restless. All we can do is wait. Wait for better times, times where the stars will easily be within our grasp.

My own interest in this project dwindles with each passing day. I consider leaving the camp, but where would I go? Star Citizen is still years away and all other space sims don't offer what I'm looking for. Dynamic economy, real AI interacting in ways that change the very future of the universe. Factions, occupations, everything tied together in a cohesive bond that binds the universe and society together.

So here I remain, one of several individuals who I have come to know and call friends. We have been through tough times together and have pulled each other through them. We laugh, we cry, we feel.

This is my story but there are others like it as well.
BFeet you have reason and for this i am in Eve Online this time ...its very very hard to begin but now i am doing my best bet and i am learning its hard mechanics and i am begin to enjoy ....

for me this project LT is almost Dead ....Josh lost the control of this project i have many many doubts that this project see the light

WASAVA wrote:Josh run into silence and hide his head under a pillow while he spends the money he was given.

Well, at this point it is clear that Josh's only goal was to take our money and give nothing in return.
Ah yeah... and the two years of lots of effort were just a big cover up :roll:

Why should he have bothered to make daily updates for two years when it was only a scam? Why waste so much effort on something that wouldnt have been expected in the first place?

Also, its BFe>tt< not BF>ee<t.
Reading hard, being polite seems to be as well.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
WASAVA wrote:Josh run into silence and hide his head under a pillow while he spends the money he was given.

Well, at this point it is clear that Josh's only goal was to take our money and give nothing in return.
Ah yeah... and the two years of lots of effort were just a big cover up :roll:

Why should he have bothered to make daily updates for two years when it was only a scam? Why waste so much effort on something that wouldnt have been expected in the first place?

Also, its BFe>tt< not BF>ee<t.
Reading hard, being polite seems to be as well.

do not try to defend what can not defend that Mr. josh is an absolute fraud ... my feelings do not come with that gentleman has not kept his word

WASAVA wrote:

do not try to defend what can not defend that Mr. josh is an absolute fraud ... my feelings do not come with that gentleman has not kept his word
Fraud is a strong word.

Josh has issues, and, as said before, there is no good "regular" reason not to at least do quick posts and updates, but I don't think he is a fraudster.
My Signature

Online Now