Return to “General”

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

Dinosawer, to be fair I was assuming that Josh was working for the 6 months that he was struggling with burnout. Since that wasn't the case it's no surprise that I lost that bet. Assuming that Josh isn't struggling with burnout again, it is safer for me to make predictions about where LT will be. The biggest problem is that Josh is still implementing old code after 6 months, which means that it may take another 6 to actually complete the game. That puts us around February 2017 for a possible beta.

WASAVA wrote:Today is 28/08/2016 and we are still waiting for something about this project/game ???

How many months will going to wait to see something ??? somebody have a recent news from josh about LT ???
Your best bet is to assume we will never see anything actually released and move on. Perhaps doing a quick check every couple months.

I think we have a 50/50 chance of this project actually coming to a successful end with a release of a near promised features game. Even if this does happen I'm honestly thinking 2018 at this point. (Mind you, this is just my gut feeling)

I'm totally cool with this. It's just a game, if is never comes to be, well, life goes on. All the best to Josh, and better luck next time I guess. ;)

Something that everyone needs to understand, though I have no doubt Josh fully intends to finish this project, he expected to be done and moved on 2 years ago. Think about this for one second, you start something that takes up most of your life with a plan to finish it in 2 years. Twice that time goes by and your still doing it. At some point you have to think "well f this". Think of all the things in life that must get put on hold. I imagine if it wasn't for the Kickstarter young Josh would have done this already. Heck, by the time he is done I'm goIng to have to stop calling him "young" :)

Josh, if your reading this, keep up the (assumed) good work! Throw us a couple screen shots while your at it.
My Signature

It's my personal point but a moments i think that josh lost the control and the way with this project ...i have a minimal faith that see something at least in two months more if this no happen i begin to think in a refund and i finally abandon the hope to see this game come some day ...better way that josh in other times maybe when he puts it's game in steam maybe i will buy it ....

We are wasting our time here. Lets find his home and punch him in the face maybe then he will continue posting dev logs.

Jk

Man im trackng this game for 3.5 or 4 year. Sad to see josh stopped posting dev logs, monthly videos and anything about the game

He should release a video what he did so far he doesnt have to show the game but a video about what he doing right now.

BFett wrote: Any explanation at this point would be welcome. Just text explainimg what has been completed in the past year would be great.
The amount of time it takes someone to quickly post a screen shot (honestly, it takes perhaps 3 minutes to someone who's computer savvy), or the amount of time it actually takes to do a brief text with actual descriptions as to what has been happening over the last year and the current state of LT might take 20 minutes tops.

We all know Josh just can't do this. Call it a personality quirk, or a mental illness or what ever you want. Josh can't just do quick and easy things. Everything just has to be big drawn out productions. Even when the masses get their pitch forks and he's "forced" to come here and try the calm the people with unspecific generalities, you can tell his post has been written and read over and edits a bunch of times before we actually see it.

Nothing we can do to change this. We used to be Josh's support structure and we broke him. (actually to be fair, Josh broke himself) Now he has an outside "real world" one (apparently). We can all pout, get upset, post passive aggressive threats, it won't do anything. The best course of action is just to accept this. Don't get upset. Move on if you need to. Perhaps come back in a few months.

If this is news to anyone, all I can say is either your new here, or you really haven't been paying attention.
My Signature

Josh's behaviour shows a total lack of respect for his backers. No updates since September 2015, its almost been a year now.

It is over three and a half years since I backed this and updates have been poor and still no game. As a result of this I no longer back games on Kickstarter and am wary of backing other projects too. Its a shame and I very much doubt there is a way to get my money back.

Josh, i am starting to get really tired of this wait for a game of yours . Please, show us the progress of the development and give us a tentative deadline or allow us to get our money back. We gave our money in good faith in exchange for a game called Limit Theory, and so far you have not been able to fulfill your part of the deal.

WASAVA wrote:updates have been poor
with the exception of the couple of years of immensely detailed daily logs and big monthly video productions which, while clearly an unhealthy approach in the long run, quite frankly constituted perhaps the most astonishingly lavish updates any game developer has ever bestowed upon kickstarter backers?

I'm sure you were thinking of the past year or so, but still...

WASAVA wrote:Josh's behaviour shows a total lack of respect for his backers. No updates since September 2015, its almost been a year now.

It is over three and a half years since I backed this and updates have been poor and still no game. As a result of this I no longer back games on Kickstarter and am wary of backing other projects too. Its a shame and I very much doubt there is a way to get my money back.

Josh, i am starting to get really tired of this wait for a game of yours . Please, show us the progress of the development and give us a tentative deadline or allow us to get our money back. We gave our money in good faith in exchange for a game called Limit Theory, and so far you have not been able to fulfill your part of the deal.
Let go mate. It's not worth your time nor is it worth our time reading your complaints. Just let it go. Consider the game dead and move on. If it comes out great! if it doesn't no sweat.

You cannot have spent more than what... $100? $200? Probably not more than that. So lets break that down. $200 over 4 years. That's 4 bucks a month. Not sure where you live but where I live that's not even a coffee... A MONTH. Literally... a month. Okay lets go down to $100. Now it's $2 USD a month. $2... is there anything you can buy for that? Remember... this is over A MONTH.

Now unless you're extremely poverty stricken (in which case I'd question your priorities on backing in the first place) this is money that cannot possibly be worth THAT much to you. Yeah I get it, you're passionate about the project. I can guarantee you're not as passionate as Josh, or even some of the regulars on this forum. So as I said. Consider it a lost cause and move on. Either it'll come out or it won't but either way absolutely none of your posts are accomplishing anything positive for anyone. Not you, not Josh and certainly not us in the community that are having to read it. It's a failed investment at this point. That might change or it might not I don't know and quite frankly I don't care, I do know though that the amount of time you keep wasting posting is probably not worth the $2-4 dollars a month that your pledge is effectively worth.

Lets not even consider the fact that Josh maintained an excessive level of communication for the first couple years, enough to likely cover that pledge expense. So yeah you got something, it might not be what you wanted but it also wasn't nothing. Information has value and Josh gave us a shitload of it for 2 years. I've seen 'professional' bloggers who get paid for their drivel give less than Josh did for those two years.

In fact, I'd encourage EVERY person who has pledged and has taken issue with the way things are to consider what their pledge is worth over the course of 2-4 years and really think that through and ask themselves whether or not that is worth their time... wasted... writing angry posts on the forum for Josh that coincidentally we the community have to put up with.

Online Now