Return to “General”

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

Dinosawer wrote:Well, it is why he originally disappeared in the first place...
Haha dont make me laugh, You dont get put in a mental hospital for 3 months because you have anxiety, I know cause Ive stayed at one several years ago...Thats how i met my fiance, her mom was my psychologist for my months stay at one until everything straightened out. I showed her josh's long story about his dark days and she flat out said in a straight face saying that this is an absolute lie. Anxiety doesn't make you have dark thoughts....She simply said that this post has all the signs of someone who broke up in a relationship and has a hard time dealing with it and doesnt want to say it. She said that he Romanticized the post way to much, no one talks that way about staying at a hospital like that. I saw my fair share of crazy when i was at one...and yeh...

Im just saying what my SO's mom told me...thats all.

To clear something up, my fiance was NOT or ever was a patient when i met her, we just started chatting when it was lunch.
Last edited by Xephyr on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Perpetual Daydreamer and Ichthyologist in training( yes Im serious)

Xephyr wrote:
Haha dont make me laugh, You dont get put in a mental hospital for 3 months because you have anxiety, I know cause Ive stayed at one several years ago...Thats how i met my fiance, her mom was my psychologist for my months stay at one until everything straightened out. I showed her josh's long story about his dark days and she flat out said in a straight face saying that this is an absolute lie. Anxiety doesn't make you have dark thoughts....She simply said that this post has all the signs of someone who broke up in a relationship and has a hard time dealing with it and doesnt want to say it.

To clear something up, my fiance was NOT or ever was a patient when i met her, we just started chatting when it was lunch.
And I showed my SO the same story (therapist, two degrees) and she said it was very likely true, and that she's surprised he recovered as quickly as he did. One person's opinion is not law, regardless of whether or not my SO was correct. Everyone is different.

More importantly, Josh was never put in a mental hospital. Going to one would not have benefited him in any way. If your girlfriend's mom said he wouldn't require a trip to a mental hospital, she was correct.

Please be polite here.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Xephyr wrote:
Haha dont make me laugh, You dont get put in a mental hospital for 3 months because you have anxiety, I know cause Ive stayed at one several years ago...Thats how i met my fiance, her mom was my psychologist for my months stay at one until everything straightened out. I showed her josh's long story about his dark days and she flat out said in a straight face saying that this is an absolute lie. Anxiety doesn't make you have dark thoughts....She simply said that this post has all the signs of someone who broke up in a relationship and has a hard time dealing with it and doesnt want to say it.

Soo...Are We calling Josh a liar now? Straight face or not, I would never go that far without having some serious material to back that up.
old-fashioned :ghost:

Im not calling him a liar, Im sure as heck that something mentally happened but I dont believe it was anxiety. Which is why I showed my SO's mom, im just repeating what I heard....I dont have a doctorate like her so who am i to judge.

She said that he may of had anxiety compounded with stress, with slight depression but had a bad break up and it sent him over the edge.

And the bad breakup theory has actual grounds cause his Facebook profile pictures changed from being with a girl in january od 2015 to him alone staring out a window if i remember correctly...He has since changed it as he is now in a new relationship....How do I know this? Cause im a freakin stalker and follow him on facebook.
Last edited by Xephyr on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Talvieno wrote:I talk to him frequently enough to be very sure that he's dealing with anxiety. What happened to him was severe burnout - essentially a long-term mental breakdown. Anxiety is a byproduct. What he's doing right now is a symptom of it.

A breakup actually didn't have anything to do with it. :P
well, then im a shit stalker. Cant even stalk people right, ugh. Oh well...my ADD took over and completely derailed my original topic...idk how I got on the topic of Joshs health
Last edited by Xephyr on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

I know there is a lot of frustration, it's seen everywhere, and I know that this place is turning into an echo chamber.
Xephyr wrote:Minimizing the situation imo would actually make this worse.

Josh logs on and see's 10 different threads about where is the proof...he may think "hmmm maybe i should actually show them something."

Josh logs on and see's 1 thread called "unhappiness blah blah blah" he might think "Hmm, people are not as angry so Ill wait a lil longer to start showing something."

Things change when peoples voices are heard, louder the voice the better the chance of being heard.
Except for the fact that when the mods HAVE been lenient, Josh himself has outright deleted threads. So this means that from the top, this is the direction we're going. Opinion or not, this is the way it is.

Remember...people gave him almost $200,000.....That's not pocket change, we then find out he just bought his own place. Where did the money come from that bought that place? Was it from family or was it the money that was raised for making a game not buying a new place? People, especially investors deserve an answer on that.
If this part really bothers you, then follow a formal process. I can't give direction on this because I'm not a lawyer. But if you want something more than blind speculation or vindication if Josh is lying, then you won't find it here.

Xephyr wrote:
We can only go off of what Josh tells us. We also know there are hypochondriacs that get put in hospitals over minor things less than this. I don't know Josh and I'm not going to pretend to be his psychologist.

But back to the original point; even if there were no mods, the forums would still be this way. Take it or leave it. I really don't know how else to put it or what else I can say.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Talvieno wrote::lol: It's all right. :) It's not something he really likes to talk about much.
No one likes to talk about there mental health more than me....everytime im over at my SO's parents place her mom is always asking how Im doing, "have any bad thoughts? still have stress? You two getting along?" I literally cant visit cause she turns it into a doctors appointment...She is so open about everything...

i'll never forget about the time were eating dinner together and her mom says "hows his performance been in bed?"

My face goes bright red, she yells "MOM!", her dad starts choking on his food from laughing to hard and her mom is like whats wrong......"Mom his family isnt as open about that stuff as us."

Im thinking to myself "no family is that open, like wtf." hahahaha

Online Now