Return to “General”

Re: Is this game still in development???

Pepeachu wrote:Hi, I'm brand new to the forums but I've been following this game for two years, checking up on it very briefly. I didn't personally back the project because of credibility concerns, although at the time I loved what I saw but I want to know if my scepticism was well-placed?

There haven't been any updates for a long time. Is this game still in development? Can we expect it any time soon? (I have seen expected release dates set to summer 2016 previously and summer is now over).

I'm sorry if the tone of this post sounds a bit demanded, I'm just very anxious to play this game. Josh had a good thing going, it would be a shame if he had given up on it, especially for the backers.
It's quite all right. :) Welcome! Glad to see you here! :wave:

I don't know if we can expect it anytime soon, but there have been updates - just not to the kickstarter or youtube. Josh said that he doesn't want to do YouTube updates anymore because they took too much valuable time from his schedule and screwed up his progress; he'd have to tear down and rebuild a lot of what he did every month just to make things look shiny again.

He's not given up though! You can see the important posts he's made here: http://forums.ltheory.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5031 He was actually on here earlier today. He's planning on putting out a larger update in the very near future, too.

Small final note: The "edit post" function gets unlocked after you've made five posts. It's an anti-spam feature.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: Thanks for abandoning your backers and supporters, Josh

If you want to know who started this "lawsuit crap" than go back in
this thread when people started to make nonsensical comparisons
about why there are no legal obligations in connection with kickstarter projects.
Well, there are.It would be still subject to a court rule and might
be dropped, but most likely not without any conditions(fixed future release date).

And if you feel threatened by all this then this is your emotional perception,
neither me or any other person has posted any "Lawsuit-threat" on this thread.

The Limit Theory Forum is up until now, a public place and not Josh Parnells
private living room.
The people posting here in the last year are mostly hardcore fans
who come here for friendship, smalltalk and/or looking if not for
a lord and savior then at least for some kind of idol.
It is safe to say that for some of them, the final release of a "real-
Life playable LT Game" is not top priority.It may be a means to the end
to have something to talk about.Thats it.
You feel disturbed and tired by a so far silent minority of outsiders
with their unconstructive postings?
Then, as already has been suggested, delete this Postings and ban
the Posters until nobody disturbs your private tea time any more.
Last edited by notami on Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

notami wrote:Then, as has already been suggested, delete this Postings and ban
the Posters until nobody disturbs your private tea time any more.
Speaks for itself :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

notami wrote: The people posting here in the last year are mostly hardcore fans
who come here for friendship, smalltalk
You're very right about this
notami wrote:and/or looking if not for
And not so right about this. I think very few people here still idolize Josh.

And finally, there will be no bans about suggesting lawsuit action. I'm going to ask everyone: please don't suggest it again. This isn't specifically at you, notami, just to be clear. People are allowed to speak their mind here as long as they aren't rude/disrespectful to other members.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
notami wrote:and/or looking if not for
And not so right about this. I think very few people here still idolize Josh.
I think Josh is a very talented programmer, and he seems like a nice guy in general.
HOWEVER... I don't idolise him. The only person I've ever idolised is my father, because I know him personally and very much look up to his character and achievements.
I recently spent $60 on buying someone else's pledge for LT because I believe in Josh's ability, not because he's some sort of God that I praise constantly.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Oh look, it's this blasted thread again. Some chump with a two-digit post-count dropping by to let everyone know they're drinking the Kool-Aid and that Josh is the game dev equivalent of Space Hitler and Limit Theory is the original Volkswagen Beetle with a couple of imaginary solid-fuel boosters strapped to the roof.

Look, if you're impatient or disappointed with the game, that's fine, but consider that what we've done to every other version of this thread will eventually be this thread's fate regardless of what you express. Bring constructive attitudes and threads to this forum, or bring nothing at all.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Grumblesaur wrote:Oh look, it's this blasted thread again. Some chump with a two-digit post-count dropping by to let everyone know they're drinking the Kool-Aid and that Josh is the game dev equivalent of Space Hitler and Limit Theory is the original Volkswagen Beetle with a couple of imaginary solid-fuel boosters strapped to the roof.

Look, if you're impatient or disappointed with the game, that's fine, but consider that what we've done to every other version of this thread will eventually be this thread's fate regardless of what you express. Bring constructive attitudes and threads to this forum, or bring nothing at all.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

From what I know Josh has almost single handedly built this game from scratch. That is something I most certainly will never achieve. I am more than happy to wait as long as he needs. When I pledged I knew exactly what I was doing. I knew this might never happen, but I wanted to give my little bit.

So even if these threads keep cropping up, I think they'll get turned around in moments and show that there are far more people here supporting Josh than there are people moaning, and there always will be.

Silverware wrote:
Grumblesaur wrote:Oh look, it's this blasted thread again. Some chump with a two-digit post-count dropping by to let everyone know they're drinking the Kool-Aid and that Josh is the game dev equivalent of Space Hitler and Limit Theory is the original Volkswagen Beetle with a couple of imaginary solid-fuel boosters strapped to the roof.

My Signature

Victor Tombs wrote: Mind you I do feel a little miffed by your "only gave 1 thousand", Zanteogo. I was more than once called names for my generosity in pledging that amount by those who believed I had taken leave of my senses. Unfortunately, that has also been the case with other projects I've supported. :(
Sorry Victor. My point was not to downplay your generosity but to point out that even the max amount of money donated is nothing compared to the legal cost to actually sue someone.

Most people donated much less of course.

Would any sane person drag someone to court, over a video game, because of of say.. a 25 dollar donation? Of course not.
My Signature

Online Now