Return to “General”

Post

The General Unhappiness Megathread

#1
I'm done with LT and I'm done with Josh.

At least I'm not a backer, thank god, but your decision to keep development progress from them, and not be transparent with your work while thousands of dollars was handed to you is immature, immoral and unprofessional.

You were doing so well 2 years ago, I would use LT as an example of a project going in the right direction, and you know what, even after your burn out, if you had at least kept the transparency afterward, a video every few months instead of every months, monthly blog posts, SOMETHING, it would have been fine.

At this point now I'm royally annoyed, not with the lack of game, that, ultimately, I'm not even that bothered with, failures can happen, but with the developper's attitude.
Shame on you.

Edit by Talvieno: If you have any unhappiness about Josh, the development cycle, or his lack of updates, post HERE. Do not make your own thread or it may be locked and/or deleted.
Post

Re: I'm done

#2
Normally I would just wave and say it's sad to see you go, except for one thing.

If this was actually a message to Josh, you would've sent it to him, via PM, email, Facebook, or some other means - you could even have contacted me and asked me to give him a message for you. However, you chose to post it on the forum, in the general board, presumably to make sure everyone saw it. You're trying to draw attention to yourself and your unhappiness with the project - and it's not directed at Josh, but at the community.

Personally, I feel this thread is so clearly vitriolically designed that I don't think this merits further posting, but I'm going to leave it open until it gets messy just out of principle. I understand you're unhappy with Josh and the way the project has gone, and to some extent you're merely echoing what other members here have said - even many regulars - but this is not the correct way to express your frustration. I'm glad you were here, nevertheless, and your input is as important as everyone else's. Perhaps you'll come back someday when LT is complete, and with a more friendly attitude. The doors will remain open for you, Luniquekero, and I hope to see you then if that's the case.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: I'm done

#3
The only reason you're annoyed with Josh's attitude is because you disagree with it. This is not a case of the developer vanishing into thin air -- by now he has made it abundantly clear that he won't be showing anything until he believes there's something worth showing. Like it or not, that's his stance -- but at least it's a stance, and an unambiguous one at that.

Josh has done plenty wrong with respect to LT and its development, but you are far-placed to burden him with any shame, especially as someone who doesn't even have a financial stake in the project.
Post

Re: I'm done

#5
I understand your frustration OP. I don't agree with it, but I do understand it.

I agree with your comment that it was an example of how these should be done (the monthly updates). But seeing how that ended up affecting Josh... well clearly that ISN'T how things should be done.

It of course would be nice to get some clear updates. Josh IS constantly communicating on the forums, just not (as far as I can tell) with anything specific to the game.

Anyway, I just wanted to say your comment is valid but I think it's wrong. Josh is doing what he can, hopefully it'll turn out and we'll hear something soon.

David
p.s. It's CANADA DAY Josh. Give us canucks a present. Come OOONNN ;)
Shoot ALL the things!
Post

Re: I'm done

#6
OP Please take my advice: Stop waiting for anything. Waiting for things is a fools game. You will quickly burn through your life.

There are so many games, movies, books, etc....already released. Avoid future places. Live for the moment.
Post

Re: I'm done

#7
Talvieno wrote:Normally I would just wave and say it's sad to see you go, except for one thing.

If this was actually a message to Josh, you would've sent it to him, via PM, email, Facebook, or some other means - you could even have contacted me and asked me to give him a message for you. However, you chose to post it on the forum, in the general board, presumably to make sure everyone saw it. You're trying to draw attention to yourself and your unhappiness with the project - and it's not directed at Josh, but at the community.

Personally, I feel this thread is so clearly vitriolically designed that I don't think this merits further posting, but I'm going to leave it open until it gets messy just out of principle. I understand you're unhappy with Josh and the way the project has gone, and to some extent you're merely echoing what other members here have said - even many regulars - but this is not the correct way to express your frustration. I'm glad you were here, nevertheless, and your input is as important as everyone else's. Perhaps you'll come back someday when LT is complete, and with a more friendly attitude. The doors will remain open for you, Luniquekero, and I hope to see you then if that's the case.
This community is to discuss the game, so here, I'm discussing the game, my message is as much to Josh as it is to the rest of the community.

Many of you are behind Josh and are ridiculously defending his lack of update and transparency as if it was some noble thing to do, while it's nothing less than infuriating to those that are following the game, and to his backers. The reason Josh has such a devoted community on this forum is because of his PREVIOUS attitude in the early devs of limit theory and if some remnant of it was still present, the slow progress would be at least entertaining to read about and to follow.

If he had things to show, he would have shown it, there is no logical PR reason to be so secretive other than trying to contain a disaster.

Here's a prediction.
Josh is no longer working on LT. He's stressed out of his mind because he *has* to announce that the project is not ever going to be finished, he doesn't know how, he doesn't know what's going to happen then, and he's in no hurry to find out. That's why he's silent and that's why he's not sharing anything anymore, because after 2 years, it would become clear now that the project has not progressed at all if he showed something not of concrete value.

Time will prove me right.
Post

Re: I'm done

#8
luniquekero wrote:Many of you are behind Josh and are ridiculously defending his lack of update and transparency as if it was some noble thing to do.
Attacking Josh is fine. Attacking the community members is rude and against forum rules. You tread on dangerous ground.
luniquekero wrote:If he had things to show, he would have shown it, there is no logical PR reason to be so secretive other than trying to contain a disaster.
You've not studied PR. I have. There are nearly a dozen potential reasons.
luniquekero wrote:Time will prove me right.
You don't know this any more than we know Josh is going to finish. Nobody knows anything. All you have is a hunch. These forums, however, deal with facts. Our facts include proof that Josh is still working on the game. I think if he had given up he wouldn't have as busy a compile history as he has displayed recently. There is literally no reason to work on a game you know you won't finish, and he wouldn't have.

As others have said, if you don't think it's going to happen, that's fine. Just leave. Go do something else with your life and be happy that you're not wasting your time as you think you are. When and if Limit Theory releases, you'll find it again, and that'll be the end of it.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: I'm done

#9
Actually, we have both Joshs word, and Alexwaslikes word that the game continues.
For me that's enough.

If you don't like it, just quietly disapear and leave it at that please.
There is no need to hate on Josh, or the Community for Joshs change in direction.

It's entirely fair to ask for a refund if you had spent money on it, but seeing as you have not...
What you have actually gotten so far is free entertainment and images on a game that is not yet released.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
Toba - A Development Dump
Post

Re: I'm done

#10
:) You realize, saying "I will never stop working on LT" is not the same saying "LT will be released in some not so far fufture?", right?
Anyway, I've not studied PR either, but I think it's safe for me to say, in terms of PR this game is basically dead. It's done. Maybe that's what OP tried to say in a slightly harsh way.
Post

Re: I'm done

#11
kostuek wrote::) You realize, saying "I will never stop working on LT" is not the same saying "LT will be released in some not so far fufture?", right?
Anyway, I've not studied PR either, but I think it's safe for me to say, in terms of PR this game is basically dead. It's done. Maybe that's what OP tried to say in a slightly harsh way.
Games aren't judged by their development mishaps, but their release. As long as the game isn't overhyped and releases as a fun piece of software, there is nothing for PR to worry about. If this was a AAA title, you wouldn't even know anything about it yet.

And I doubt that Josh plans to release LT in 30+ years either :D
panic
Post

Re: I'm done

#12
luniquekero wrote:
Here's a prediction.
Josh is no longer working on LT. He's stressed out of his mind because he *has* to announce that the project is not ever going to be finished, he doesn't know how, he doesn't know what's going to happen then, and he's in no hurry to find out. That's why he's silent and that's why he's not sharing anything anymore, because after 2 years, it would become clear now that the project has not progressed at all if he showed something not of concrete value.

Time will prove me right.
Actually there has been some hints and clues dropped that LT, as far as features go, there has been no progress for over a year now. Everything has been rebuilt and apparently LT is just getting back to where it was. (feature wise)

Perhaps this is reading too much into things, perhaps not. Either way, it's just a game.

It's already over 400% past its original dead line. Either it will be released someday, or not. Getting upset won't change this.
My Signature
Post

Re: I'm done

#13
I entirely understand the OP's frustration, and the desire to express it, although you're preaching to a very empty room I'm afraid.

I barely visit the forums any more. First it was daily visits. Then weekly visits. Then monthly. Now not even that. Under normal circumstances it wouldn't irk me if this was just someone's personal pet project, but it's ultimately the backers I feel bad for. I don't doubt Josh is working hard, but I think he vastly underestimated the scale and scope of this project.

All of the hype I had for the game has all but gone, but I'm not going to tell other people they shouldn't be excited for it. I still think the idea of the game sounds great. I just don't know if it'll ever be released. I don't for one minute doubt Josh's dedication and desire to realise this project. I just think it was far too much for one person, even one as talented as him.

My problem with development updates is that it went from one extreme to the other. From too much time spent talking about LT, to going almost completely dark. There's no sense of progress. No sense of how close to completion the game is. If this version will be the final version, or if it'll be rebuilt again. Promises, assurances and optimism will only get you so far, and I don't blame anyone for running out of patience, even if they're not entitled to anything, really.

You're not alone, OP, you're just in a minority of people who are still incredibly hopeful and optimistic. My frustration isn't really with Josh, or even at the community. I am frustrated for everyone else who is frustrated, and who perhaps feels like their words are falling on deaf ears.

Also, I don't particularly agree with Talvieno's attitude. If people want to vent their frustrations, they should be allowed to. Artificially trying to keep the atmosphere happy and optimistic clearly isn't reflective of the entire community. People should see the good and the bad.
Last edited by Relancer on Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post

Re: I'm done

#15
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Zanteogo wrote: It's already over 400% past its original dead line.
Weird 400% you have.

Original timeline was a year of dev time, we are three and a half years in.

Thats 250% overtime.
Which would be 350% project time. Not very far off 400%, really.

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron