Return to “General”

Re: What's the latest on LT?

We have more recent news. I just chose not to post it because people who are looking for "news" news wouldn't be happy with it. Basically, Josh has built a 2d prototyping engine to develop gameplay with - one so ugly he won't show it to us - and he says there will be a "big announcement" "very soon".

I didn't see the point in posting a post about "I have secrets, still working, news soon!" in lieu of "actual news".
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:We have more recent news. I just chose not to post it because people who are looking for "news" news wouldn't be happy with it. Basically, Josh has built a 2d prototyping engine to develop gameplay with - one so ugly he won't show it to us - and he says there will be a "big announcement" "very soon".

I didn't see the point in posting a post about "I have secrets, still working, news soon!" in lieu of "actual news".
I suppose that's been encouraging, but we've been hearing "news soon" for close to two years now. Why would anyone still believe anything Josh says at this point?

A long time ago he should have issued refunds to everyone who backed the game. He hasn't delivered, and there is no end in sight.

johnnyr wrote:
Talvieno wrote:We have more recent news. I just chose not to post it because people who are looking for "news" news wouldn't be happy with it. Basically, Josh has built a 2d prototyping engine to develop gameplay with - one so ugly he won't show it to us - and he says there will be a "big announcement" "very soon".
[
I suppose that's been encouraging, but we've been hearing "news soon" for close to two years now. Why would anyone still believe anything Josh says at this point?

A long time ago he should have issued refunds to everyone who backed the game. He hasn't delivered, and there is no end in sight.
Because he's still working? He's proven himself to still be working? His personality traits do not lend themselves to suggest that he would stop working? We trust him?

As far as the refunds go, he has actually I believe offered refunds to people who are disgruntled enough and no longer believe in the project. Issuing refunds to everyone? No... that's just stupid. Pure stupidity. No one would do that unless they were forced to by regulatory bodies or if they had so much money they it was a drop in the ocean to them and they were particularly generous, however generally speaking most people who have (earned (this is an important distinction given that some people have a crapload of money that they didn't really earn)) THAT kind of money are neither generous nor stupid.

Even then that would suggest that Josh was giving up and/or not still working, which is not the case. He's still working therefore the money is still being utilized to realize the dream. Is it past due? Sure. Has he disappointed many? Sure. Does that justify a full scale refund for every backer? Not a chance. Even if this whole thing failed spectacularly that money is forfeit in the same vein that investors sometimes invest in companies that fail. You lose money. I've lost a lot of money over the years on failed investments, but I've also gained a lot of money on successful investments. Smart people would look at 'pre-purchasing' anything as an investment. An investment that their money is being used to deliver an outcome, perhaps not a financial outcome but an outcome no less.

Also, it's worth noting that if Josh were even remotely as bad as the 'doom-sayers' seem to believe (As in untrustworthy, stringing us along, not really working on it, being a general douche) then he'd have continue to milk the funding. He'd still be taking money. He'd still be sucking people in. He wouldn't have shown himself to be a man of principles. Even Chris Roberts of Wing Commander/Star Citizen whom I admire and don't really have anything against is often viewed as 'milking' the funding with little to nothing to show for it. Many suggest that shows serious flaws in his character, constantly taking backer money etc. However with SC they're still working on it and the scope of what they want to do still requires funding. Most knowledgeable people believe that it cannot be made for less than 150-200m. So in Chris Roberts' case it makes perfect sense.

If you've actually followed Josh in the early days you'd realize that the man lives EXTREMELY frugally, almost to the point of unhealthy (And at some points well past that point). So if we were living 100-200 years ago we'd say he was a man of honour and that alone would be enough to hold faith in him for many many years to come. I personally believe him to be a man of honour and principle, I don't agree with or like the way he is handling things but part of the respect he's earned from me is trusting him. Sure that has wavered from time to time but in the grand scheme of things such road bumps will matter not.
Last edited by TGS on Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

johnnyr wrote:Thank you, April 27th 2015 is the last time we had any real information? How utterly disappointing.
Ah, Tal, that date needs to be fixed. The year's wrong. Posts prior to that last possess correct timestamps. johnnyr, you may want to revisit the thread, with the fact that that last post is actually dated April 27th 2016.

Online Now