Return to “General”

Re: YouTube: Top 10 Upcoming Space Sims

smurfer wrote:
AlexWasLike wrote:I near about applied to work there before I learned that Chris Roberts is a huge asshole to his employees.
I just had a great idea: why not opening a new thread for posts like these, where you could just randomly claim something or insult someone. Furthermore, this post would then even fit to the topic.
Why, oh why, didn't you take the opportunity to use this: Image :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

smurfer wrote:
AlexWasLike wrote:I near about applied to work there before I learned that Chris Roberts is a huge asshole to his employees.
I just had a great idea: why not opening a new thread for posts like these, where you could just randomly claim something or insult someone. Furthermore, this post would then even fit to the topic.
The post did fit to topic, and is fine. No need to get worked up about it. :)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I can't believe Star Citizen is at number 2. Are people not bored waiting for it yet? SC's problem is it loses ground the longer it goes un-released. No Mas Sky is coming soon and looks like it has great potential, Elite Dangerous continues to eveolve and expand and a whole crop of new games such as Call of Duty in sssppppaaaacccceeeee are coming along. If SC isn't careful it will be outdated before it's ever released!

The only game Star Citizen is currently up against is Dual Universe. This is because these are the only two FPS MMOs with persistent universes currently in development.

Elite Dangerous isn't an issue from what I've heard and No Man's Sky is a game about exploration and being completely alone in the universe.

FormalMoss wrote:Helium Rain has a very nice picture showing their economic model: Image I would so love to see something similar for LT.

:hint: :hint: to our wonderful forum-members ;)
What the hell? How have I not heard of this game. FormalMoss, I both thank you and loathe you for bringing this to my attention. Bad FormalMoss! But glorious FormalMoss! I hate you! :clap:

Just watched the video though and tbh I find it odd and disturbing that he has NMS as his #1 simply because "It's close to coming out". He doesn't even seem like he genuinely likes the idea of it that much given that it doesn't really fit within the criteria of the overall video. Which is odd because I usually like his videos.

Chewtoy wrote:Don't worry, Star Citizen will never come out, they will milk it as long as they can and cancel the project from lack of funding.

Star Citizen will be the single most expensive CON/SCAM ever in the history of the world.
Can we please not do the Star Citizen bashing here thanks? For a few reasons.

One several of us are heavily invested in Star Citizen and find your lack of faith disturbing (To clarify, your faith is not required but your lack of faith is demeaning and demoralizing to those of us who have it). Second, you're literally calling it a scam on a site where the sole developer of the game THIS forum represents has been afforded the same criticism while given far more consideration. Third, by very definition the fact that they are clearly (VERY VISIBLY) working their asses off to make this game means it cannot BY DEFINITION be a scam. It could be a spectacular failure, but a scam? No... if that were the case then they wouldn't be investing their millions and millions into... anything. Unless you want to suggest that their 4~ studios and 300+ employees are all in on the scam and just there for show.

So yeah, lets just not okay? I know there are a lot of people here who backed or didn't back Star Citizen with whom it leaves a very sour taste in their mouth and some who just hate it for nonsensical reasons such as "It made the most money in crowd funding history and hasn't pumped out a fully realized game in 12 months MUST BE EVIL!"

I'd extend this to the "Chris Roberts is an asshole to employees" remark as well. Unless you have proof, please don't say crap like that. There's just no need for it. Your personal qualms are just that, personal. If you choose not to work for someone because you heard from someone else that they might be an asshole then that's your prerogative but hearsay is just that... hearsay. I don't know Chris Roberts personally nor do I really care to but I'd pose this to you. Do you like it when people make judgements on Josh's character? Regardless of how well founded they might or might not be? No? Okay then don't do it with others. You can disagree with everything about Chris Roberts or Star Citizen that's 100% fine but as of right now saying things like "It's a scam" or "Chris Roberts is an asshole" or "It'll never get released" is not only unhelpful, it demeans you and this community. This community is better than that. We don't need to be sour about what other projects or their creators are or aren't doing and that's exactly how the anti-Star Citizen commentary comes across.

Edit: Side note, if I recall correctly Chris Roberts backed LT and Josh too. So whatever kind of person or taskmaster Chris is, he LIKE Josh has passion in his project. Will it succeed? Will it fail? I have no idea but either way like Josh they are doing what they believe is their best to achieve the outcome they've set out to do. Just like Josh.

Online Now