Return to “General”

Re: warp nodes

Grumblesaur wrote:
Black--Snow wrote: Intercepting a warp rail wouldn't be an extremely easy process.
Besides, Hyperion has a good point. Explosive cargo.

Place timed bomb on cargo, if it doesn't reach destination within that time it explodes and takes half the ship with it.
I know there are no traffic jams in space, but that doesn't mean there isn't a non-piracy related reason why a ship might be behind schedule.
Too bad, the JustIce corporation doesn't tolerate our contractors missing deadlines. For any reason. :twisted:
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

Just_Ice_au wrote:
Grumblesaur wrote:
I know there are no traffic jams in space, but that doesn't mean there isn't a non-piracy related reason why a ship might be behind schedule.
Too bad, the JustIce corporation doesn't tolerate our contractors missing deadlines. For any reason. :twisted:
That is something "Ice" cartels are wont to do. ;) :shh:

But timed explosivve cargo sounds like a bad way to implement it, I don't want every box of rocks getting a timer taking up my cpu
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Hyperion wrote:
Just_Ice_au wrote:
Grumblesaur wrote:
That is something "Ice" cartels are wont to do. ;) :shh:

But timed explosivve cargo sounds like a bad way to implement it, I don't want every box of rocks getting a timer taking up my cpu
I was just talking RP, not ACTUAL timed explosives. lol
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Black--Snow wrote: Intercepting a warp rail wouldn't be an extremely easy process.
going from the inspiration, freelancers tradelanes: it'll be very easy
Knocking something out of a warp rail? Doesn't sound super easy, but I'll take your word for it.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)
Re: warp nodes/rails

Black--Snow wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
going from the inspiration, freelancers tradelanes: it'll be very easy
Knocking something out of a warp rail? Doesn't sound super easy, but I'll take your word for it.
I do hope we have the equivalent of Lane Hackers in Limit Theory. :thumbup: :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote: I do hope we have the equivalent of Lane Hackers in Limit Theory. :thumbup: :angel:
I would not know, since I never played Freelancer. :S

I envisioned knocking something out of warp rails to be semi-difficult depending on your technology vs the target's technology. Similar to a hack: The better your hacking software/hardware, the easier it is but the better the target's computer software/hardware the harder it is.

Black--Snow wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote: I do hope we have the equivalent of Lane Hackers in Limit Theory. :thumbup: :angel:
I would not know, since I never played Freelancer. :S

I envisioned knocking something out of warp rails to be semi-difficult depending on your technology vs the target's technology. Similar to a hack: The better your hacking software/hardware, the easier it is but the better the target's computer software/hardware the harder it is.
**GASP** RECTIFY THIS AT ONCE!!!
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:
Black--Snow wrote: I would not know, since I never played Freelancer. :S
**GASP** RECTIFY THIS AT ONCE!!!
Don't imagine he's alone. I've never played either, nor do I intend to. Frankly I think it being foreign to me will make LT that much better, and gives me a perspective where I can be creative in my ideas with more originality than were I influenced by something like that.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Online Now