Return to “General”

Re: LT Periodic Table of Members

Aye, he's missed dearly. :(
Dinosawer wrote:Also Hyperion, my name is Dinosawer, not Dinosawyer :P
Oops :p fixed. But now I'm suddenly imagining you as a Velociraptor Tom Sawyer... Which seems oddly fitting :ghost:
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Dinosawer wrote:
Charley_Deallus wrote: Yeah...will there ever be a return? :\ I wasn't in the inner circle :(
I don't think anyone knows why he left. :cry:
I think it was a disagreement with the mods. :think:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Dinosawer wrote:No, that was Katawa. Katorone was the guy who started the LTFC.
I thought they left because of some Real Life Stuff. :eh: :think:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

If I remember correctly, Katawa didn't like how moderating of complaints was being done.

Katorone simply disappeared without warning and never returned. Given the circumstances and a response he gave me in a pm for the LTFC judging, something likely happened to him in real life. :cry:
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

thesilverspanch wrote:
Mistycica wrote:If nothing else, I want this as a mod c:

Code: Select all

from TableOfMembers import MemberTable as mt
def tableOfMembersTranslation(element):
    return mt[element]
There you go, just apply this to all element names when the UI looks them up.
I hardly see why you'd need to wrap a dict access inside a function, especially one whose name is longer than the dict access itself.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Grumblesaur wrote:
thesilverspanch wrote:
Mistycica wrote:If nothing else, I want this as a mod c:

Code: Select all

from TableOfMembers import MemberTable as mt
def tableOfMembersTranslation(element):
    return mt[element]
There you go, just apply this to all element names when the UI looks them up.
I hardly see why you'd need to wrap a dict access inside a function, especially one whose name is longer than the dict access itself.
When writing first drafts of code, it's often smart to wrap data structure references inside functions so that the named reference to the data doesn't have to change if you later want to add constraints on what's returned.

This is a useful and language-independent pattern that didn't need to be criticized.

Online Now