Return to “General”

Re: Josh is Kill

It's funny because by "Josh killed himself" I was referring to him assassinating himself. Not committing suicide.
Also I have an extremely dark sense of humour and I know that most people here don't mind to dabble with dark humour (though I'm not sure how much so) and making a silly, meme-based joke about Josh dying is not even that dark.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Phaserlight wrote:
Talvieno wrote:
Phaserlight wrote:People do commit suicide; I've known one or two personally (it's hard to judge a motive, sometimes). It's not something I'd joke about :|

Aside from this, what kind of message does it send?
That we're past the disappearance enough by this point to be able to make jokes about it. :P
In that case, I'll just say I don't share your taste. There's a reason it's called gallows humor. I really hope Josh is OK, having been to some pretty dark places in life, myself. I'll leave it at that.
If Josh really was dead, the news would've been typed up normally, there would a eulogy from whomever told us, and it certainly wouldn't have been preceded with the words "Josh is Kill". :| :problem:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Phaserlight wrote: In that case, I'll just say I don't share your taste. There's a reason it's called gallows humor. I really hope Josh is OK, having been to some pretty dark places in life, myself. I'll leave it at that.
A very obviously fake post about a joke Josh made the day before using as title an LT forum meme that has been around for over a year is not gallows humor. :roll:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Hyperion wrote:Don't worry, when you get close enough he'll become real.
You have no idea how much I appreciate this joke :ghost: :clap: :clap: The other thing...not so much :think: :P
Talvieno wrote:Josh approved though. :shifty:
Ex-post-facto, but yes :roll: I did find it funny :ghost:
Phaserlight wrote:In that case, I'll just say I don't share your taste. There's a reason it's called gallows humor. I really hope Josh is OK, having been to some pretty dark places in life, myself. I'll leave it at that.
This was actually a joke Talv posted in reference to the fact that I was meeting up with a local LT backer in person and had jokingly mentioned that maybe I should write a program to automatically make a post if I were to not return from said meeting (i.e., that the LT backer turned out to be an assassin or something, which of course was not the case, as he was a great guy and we had a perfectly-pleasant chat over lunch). Sorry if this was interpreted as a suicide message by anyone -- I would never joke about that. I, too, have been to dark places and would never intentionally act insensitively towards anyone who has. I'm sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way, Phaserlight. Also, nice choice of GIF :roll:
Detritus wrote:So many people got confused here... :P
Huh? :ghost:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
Re: [JOKE] Josh is Kill

Thank God Josh made a posting. I was beginning to think I would need to go into hiding. Fearing a lynch mob would surely be after me with sharp pointy pitchforks and all. :o

[on phone] "Hi, Mr. Weiner? Yeah, it's me Landge. Hold off on the Donald R. Decicco ID. Looks like I won't need to change my name after all. Mhm, yeah I think I'm safe for now. Thanks. Bye."[hang up]
"Exploration and discovery is not an option we choose—it is a desire written in the human heart. We are that part of creation which seeks to understand all creation."
My KSP Videos
Re: [JOKE] Josh is Kill

You forgot the [/JOKE]

The same people who did not understand it the first time will be wondering if they need to continue laughing.
On TV they use canned laughter for that purpose but here we can only try to keep jokes W3C compliant.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

Online Now