Return to “General”

Re: Proof

IronDuke wrote:
Hyperion wrote:My guess for the release date: Not today.

I've always been right, all along. 100% accuracy. :roll:
On day you will suddenly find that guess to be both incorrect and invalidated. :mrgreen: :squirrel: :ghost:

--IronDuke
I'll find a way to manage. I'll probably play Limit Theory
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

BMRX wrote:
Zanteogo wrote:
BMRX wrote:I know we aren't using that leaked "beta" date as official word or anything but would it be fair to say that if we don't see or hear anything around that time (around that time being at most two months or so past the date) then maybe, maybe by then we can start to worry.
Josh has had something like (4?) offical dates so far and has been unable to deliver. If he fails to make this unoffical beta date, I don't think you need to worry.

It's been more than clear that the current release date is "when it's ready".

"When it's ready" could be another 4 years. Nothing anyone here can do to change this.
Fair enough! Let's hope 4 years isn't the case. :D

Sure would be nice If I could just not bother with this vaporware and stop coming here through the year(s) and waste time trying to see what and if anything at all has changed.

I've voiced my concerns the past ..and nothing has changed. It still baffles me why a monthly post or something can't/won't be done...seems rather basic to me, but then again I'm a simple man.

Lemar wrote:Aaaannnnddddd does it compile? How many compiler errors are you fighting coding warrior :mrgreen:
LT COMPILES. CAN CONFIRM. THIS IS NOT A DRILL PEOPLE :0 !!!11!!!!one!!!11!!11!q!!11!
Ship Inspiration Pinterest!! (send me stuff)

"You’ve got to work on something dangerous. You have to work on something that makes you uncertain. Something that makes you doubt yourself... because it stimulates you to do things you haven’t done before. The whole thing is if you know where you’re going, you’ve gone, as the poet says. And that’s death."
- Stephen Sondheim

Lemar wrote:Aaaannnnddddd does it compile? How many compiler errors are you fighting coding warrior :mrgreen:
Zero...wait...

-------
broked.png
broked.png (12.36 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
6/24/16 - 15:21:23 // FLT COMM CH01 : LT. PARNELL : "ADMIRAL, WE'VE SUSTAINED A HIT, SHIELDS ARE DOWN! ENEMY VOID* FIRING FROM R-VALUE FLANK!"
6/24/16 - 15:21:35 // FLT COMM CH01 : ENS. PARNELL : "Hostile confirmed; I've a lock on target, awaiting orders -- "
6/24/16 - 15:21:50 // FLT COMM CH01 : ADM. PARNELL : "QUICK, READY THE CAST CANNONS!"

6/24/16 - 15:22:05 // PERSONAL LOG : ENS. PARNELL : What the hell is that thing?? I've never seen anything like it. But the admiral is tough. He'll get us through this. Right? He'll get us through. God, I miss my family.

6/24/16 - 15:22:10 // PERSONAL LOG : ADM. PARNELL : It's been smooth sailing for weeks out in this sector, and yet a rogue void* has suddenly appeared on the r-value flank, with no warning. From whence did it come? What are its intentions? I dare not upset the morale of my crew. I must remain calm and strong. They needn't know how dire this situation may be. They needn't know of the void* or the fearsome progenitor...the void**. I only pray that she does not arrive to support this stray pointerling. We will have no choice. No, they needn't know of these horrors. If this is the end, we will not go quietly into the night. But I've yet a few tricks up my sleeves.

6/24/16 - 15:22:40 // FLT COMM CH01 : ENS. PARNELL : "Cast cannons charged to 120%, diverting 50% power draw from life support to shield frequency modulator -- don't breath too heavily for a few minutes, gentlemen, we need shields more than you need a therapeutic deep breath."
6/24/16 - 15:22:55 // FLT COMM CH01 : LT. PARNELL : "Cut the chatter ensign. Admiral, we're ready to fire a cast on your mark."
6/24/16 - 15:23:09 // FLT COMM CH01 : ADM. PARNELL : "Copy that lieutenant. Let it fly. Let's show this son of a ***** what static typing is all about."

Code: Select all

6/24/16 - 15:23:15 // SYS LOG // CASTCANNON_3 firing round at 120% charge, auth code LT. PARNELL
6/24/16 - 15:23:15 // SYS LOG //           _. auxiliary capacitors discharing ._
6/24/16 - 15:23:15 // SYS LOG // CASTCANNON_1 firing round at 120% charge, auth code LT. PARNELL
6/24/16 - 15:23:15 // SYS LOG // CASTCANNON_4 firing round at 120% charge, auth code LT. PARNELL
6/24/16 - 15:23:15 // SYS LOG // CASTCANNON_1 reported failure to depolarize charge; subsystem powering down
6/24/16 - 15:23:15 // SYS LOG // CASTCANNON_5 firing round at 120% charge, auth code LT. PARNELL
6/24/16 - 15:23:15 // SYS LOG // CASTCANNON_9 firing round at 120% charge, auth code LT. PARNELL
6/24/16 - 15:23:20 // FLT COMM CH01 : LT. PARNELL : "CASTS AWAY!! One cannon blown from damage; we have 4 charges en route to target. Get on that repair ensign, I need my cannons up."
culprit.png
culprit.png (62.25 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
6/24/16 - 15:23:30 // FLT COMM CH01 : LT. PARNELL : "It's a hit!! Damage to enemy looks critical..."
fixed.png
fixed.png (15.59 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
6/24/16 - 15:23:38 // FLT COMM CH01 : ENS. PARNELL : "COMFIRMED! EM signature rapidly decaying, grav sensors picked up merging core oscillation. That thing's toast."
6/24/16 - 15:23:50 // FLT COMM CH01 : ADM. PARNELL : "Good job men. Another story for folks back at Freeport 7."

------

Good to go, back down to 0 :)

In all seriousness, LT basically always compiles these days since A) It's Python and it's difficult to screw up in python badly enough to get run-time errors that you can't fix in 30 seconds and B) The platform that launches everything, performs the JITing and other native functionality changes very little compared to LT. As you can see compile errors in the actual C++ are rare and usually benign, thanks to the fact that I'm not having to do incredibly fancy stuff (like a billion macros to make C++ reflection work, more macros and templates to make flyweights work efficiently, etc...these things are trivial in Python)!
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Can I haz info on latest gameplay concept implementation?
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer

CSE wrote:This ship could have some diversity, however. Many southern white american males- judging by their names :twisted:
:lol: :lol: It does seem to be a culturally-boring ship :ghost:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:Can i haz screenshot of the actual game? :3
(Assuming theres something visual available again...)
Soon, my child, sooooooooon :monkey: Yes there's something visual. It's a 2D rendering of the LTverse so that I can continue bringing over the simulation and see that it's behaving. It's embarrassing and I refuse to post it until the 3D frontend is online (I mean, the engine is already capable of 3D rendering, I just haven't brought the algorithms and shaders over yet). I've been neglecting the 3D side in favor of bringing over the mechanics / simulation / AI. This is a good thing IMO...for once I'm not giving graphics priority :ghost:

---

Also, e-cookie for anyone who finds the 'circle' in that little story......
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Dinosawer wrote:I'm fairly sure some of us would absolutely gush over 2d renders of the universe working. I know I would :wave:
I'd need a tissue 8-)
Imagination Fertilizer

Online Now