Return to “General”

Re: Proof

Pinging Josh. ;) You have said that you are close to having LT where it was before the dark days, have you been able to bring in visuals so we can once again see the beauty of LT? :geek:

Yes, you can expect me to do this every few weeks until the drip becomes a continuous stream
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Dropbox as VCS? :o
Fine for synchronisation but....

The point of version control is not only for team coding, it's mostly for tracking when and why stuff changes. In case of something like git it also provides branching points for experimentation.
Build branch X, build branch Y, compare testing results. Sounds mad, but whatevery you fancy, i wouldn't cope with that :ghost:

Well I do think it's about time for another LT update. Josh, how's it going? Is it still as easy as you first thought it would be or do you see yourself hitting a wall in the near future? Could you leak a screen shot or maybe a piece of music that you listened to recently?

Is there anything you are undecided on at this point in time? We have many people here that can brainstorm solutions for you if you do get stuck on a concept.

:squirrel: :monkey: :ghost:

Well I do think it's about time for another LT update. Josh, how's it going? Is it still as easy as you first thought it would be or do you see yourself hitting a wall in the near future? Could you leak a screen shot or maybe a piece of music that you listened to recently?
Super agreed. It's been a whole 1 year and a half (!) since last time we saw an up-to-date version of LT. Since Josh seemed to suggest that we should be expecting to see LT's beautiful face again by this time, I'm super excitedly looking forward to it. Any words of hope and compassion for all us LT-enthusiasts?

Again what is the point of him posting any updates? Nothing matters until the game is in beta. And if that takes 2 months or two years we will still be clicking on the bookmark.

And if you think about it. If it were to take another 2 years. It would be merciful of him to not post any more updates. If sadly he were to change his mind again about a core technology of LT. We would just be disappointed when we don't see screenshots again for a long time afterwards.

It is best to just wait for however long it takes for LT to come out.

AbhChallenger wrote:Again what is the point of him posting any updates? Nothing matters until the game is in beta. And if that takes 2 months or two years we will still be clicking on the bookmark.

And if you think about it. If it were to take another 2 years. It would be merciful of him to not post any more updates. If sadly he were to change his mind again about a core technology of LT. We would just be disappointed when we don't see screenshots again for a long time afterwards.

It is best to just wait for however long it takes for LT to come out.
Speak for yourself buddy. :roll: Regardless of when the game comes out, I enjoy reading his updates as such. Hearing about his breakthroughs, his problems and his solutions is entertaining and instructive of itself. And I love the good folk here dissecting the update and making great educated guesses. :D

I hate to say it but the silence is most likely Josh saying "I'm behind my self imposed timeline.". At least that's kind of how I take the silence. It used to be 'Josh is quietly working' but after the dark times my definition has changed :problem: .

I would love some sort of update, any kind at this point would be welcome. It doesn't have to be long either, I mean really, just take a screenshot of something cool, upload it, and share it to the forums. Then that gives the community something to decipher and talk about for a month when the process is repeated. These screenshots could be of anything ranging from code, to game mechanics, ship designs, nebula, planets, or icons.

Basically, bring life back to these forums while also doing so with the least amount of effort possible.

Bfeet you have a reason i think is important at this stage see something of this project ...Josh if you read this please we need that you show something i am a backer of tihis project but this project has 3 years and in this stage we dont see any progress ....i feel worry about this we need a print screen, a piece of video a short video ...something of this ....we need to see something important about this ....

WASAVA wrote:Bfeet you have a reason i think is important at this stage see something of this project ...Josh if you read this please we need that you show something i am a backer of tihis project but this project has 3 years and in this stage we dont see any progress ....i feel worry about this we need a print screen, a piece of video a short video ...something of this ....we need to see something important about this ....
There's some proof. Whether it's enough for you is up to you. See:
http://forums.ltheory.com/download/file.php?id=624
and
http://forums.ltheory.com/download/file.php?id=623

ok 0111narwhalz maybe this is something but i think that josh could show a little video with something....many backers like me are worried about this project because hits development is taken a very long time ...i dont want to lose my hope i want that josh can finish this beautiful dream...you have to understand that many people give to you a lot of money to this dream come to reality ....is a very critical point

The problem WASVAA is that a video takes hours to make, edit, and upload. A screenshot takes less than 5 minutes, even if you are going to crop it. I really don't want to see a video of game-play for LT. It just isn't practical at this point in time. The time for Josh to make new videos should be weeks before the official release not 6+ months before a beta is even ready for the public.

What I believe most of us are looking for are concepts. Game features implemented in code which prove that LT is moving forward in development. A screenshot shows the amount of work that I'm looking for, while also taking the least amount of time to get out to us.

The problem WASVAA is that a video takes hours to make, edit, and upload. A screenshot takes less than 5 minutes, even if you are going to crop it. I really don't want to see a video of game-play for LT. It just isn't practical at this point in time. The time for Josh to make new videos should be weeks before the official release not 6+ months before a beta is even ready for the public.

What I believe most of us are looking for are concepts. Game features implemented in code which prove that LT is moving forward in development. A screen-shot shows the amount of work that I'm looking for, while also taking the least amount of time to get out to us.
Although I don't see how putting up a video once in a while (I mean, not every month, actually not periodically and maybe just show-casing game-play - not even narrated) would be that much of a burden after one year and a half of no image of the game whatsoever, I am also on the same boat as BFett. Game-play news and quick, more periodic, screen-shots would be more than enough at this point. And I don't mean it for the sake of proof - although I do understand people wanting proofs that the general development is still ongoing, I myself never believed that Josh would give up LT so I've been never eager for proof. More like eager (and getting a bit hopeless) to see/read/hear about anything new in the realm of real game-contents/features. Because that's what has been pretty much absent since December 2014.

Online Now