Return to “General”

Re: Proof

Silverware wrote:
FormalMoss wrote:
Silverware wrote:Py (at least non-compiled Py) is slow as balls for anything serious.
It's perfect for short scripts that need to be quickly cross-platform, because almost all Linux flavors install Py2 by default.

Py however is a good tool to learn to program with, as non-compiled languages tend to be, so if you can't write a Hello World you really should give Python a shot. :D
- Silverware - would you care to revise your statement when LT comes out? :D :lol:
No, I stand by my statement.
Reread it please. :P
I even highlighted the useful part of the comment.
It's still wrong though, standard Python is plenty fast for anything but the very performance-intensive math loops. Source: have done plenty of "anything serious" in Python :P
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Flatfingers wrote:2. When the Sun has bloated to fry the Earth, and then cooled to a dark glowing cinder, I will still think that scoping-through-indentation is a massively dumb idea compared to explicitly visible syntactic symbols. If I find a way to #ifdef curly braces into LT-flavored Python....

Code: Select all

>>> from __future__ import braces
  File "<stdin>", line 1
SyntaxError: not a chance

I wish you all could understand that Josh's "Issues" are exactly why this game will never see the light of day. In his mind, It will never be good enough, never be ready, never be the quality it should, it will never be.... Done. Josh's illness prevents him from delivering anything less than his best, and it also will never let him think he's achieved that.

ExpressZero wrote:I wish you all could understand that Josh's "Issues" are exactly why this game will never see the light of day. In his mind, It will never be good enough, never be ready, never be the quality it should, it will never be.... Done. Josh's illness prevents him from delivering anything less than his best, and it also will never let him think he's achieved that.
To be fair, if everyone had that kind of attitude, nothing would ever get accomplished. More can be accomplished by being positive than negative regardless of what it is you're doing.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
ExpressZero wrote:I wish you all could understand that Josh's "Issues" are exactly why this game will never see the light of day. In his mind, It will never be good enough, never be ready, never be the quality it should, it will never be.... Done. Josh's illness prevents him from delivering anything less than his best, and it also will never let him think he's achieved that.
To be fair, if everyone had that kind of attitude, nothing would ever get accomplished. More can be accomplished by being positive than negative regardless of what it is you're doing.

It's not an "attitude" that I have. It's a fact of a certain condition. One, I feel, Josh suffers from. Its not an insult, and I may be wrong. But I have some experience with OCD combined with perfectionism (yes, they are 2 different conditions).

Talvieno wrote: It's an opinion. Opinions are welcome here - negative opinions too - but you should at least state they're opinions.
In my continued opinion, we need to do more than just send out happy-happy joy-joy thoughts and hope for the best. As a community, LT should be letting Josh know that we aren't expecting perfection out of him, and that every great new idea he has isn't something he has to implement or act on in this version of the game. I mean, unless he is planning on retiring the day he finally releases it, there can always be a LT-2 down the road. He is young, and he is going to be contributing much more to this world than this one game in his lifetime. I think the years of delays with this game shows he may have forgotten that.

Opinion /end.

All right, I agree with you on these points. I do think he aims a little closer to perfection than he needs to. :P There are certainly some features that could wait til a post-beta release. We'll see, though. We still haven't seen a gameplay update in a while.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:This Charley_Deallus guy seems legit.
yea JP seems legit to me :V

also these two afro'd gentlemen o7
Ship Inspiration Pinterest!! (send me stuff)

"You’ve got to work on something dangerous. You have to work on something that makes you uncertain. Something that makes you doubt yourself... because it stimulates you to do things you haven’t done before. The whole thing is if you know where you’re going, you’ve gone, as the poet says. And that’s death."
- Stephen Sondheim

Online Now