Return to “General”

Re: LT Meetup @ GDC in San Francisco

I talked to Gavan about it today in our weekly dev meeting.

He invited Josh to a conference, they talked for a while, and then later headed out to a Unity party with some of the Unity guys. (Vague on what that means.) Gavan said something similar to, "I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, given his recent history, but came away with a lot of faith in him and his project. He seems to have recovered and is back working hard on Limit Theory."

Yay! Gavan doesn't really have any interest in Limit Theory - not his type of game, and as a developer he rarely plays games anyway. Josh did impress though, so that's good, although Gavan did say there were some things Josh wouldn't talk about.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:I talked to Gavan about it today in our weekly dev meeting.

He invited Josh to a conference, they talked for a while, and then later headed out to a Unity party with some of the Unity guys. (Vague on what that means.) Gavan said something similar to, "I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, given his recent history, but came away with a lot of faith in him and his project. He seems to have recovered and is back working hard on Limit Theory."

Yay! Gavan doesn't really have any interest in Limit Theory - not his type of game, and as a developer he rarely plays games anyway. Josh did impress though, so that's good, although Gavan did say there were some things Josh wouldn't talk about.

Pretty good summary! One clarification: Josh was pretty open to talk about whatever, I was just saying that if he is ever silent about some aspect of development, he actually does have a good reason for it (I won't say any more than that though).

Also, Limit Theory would *definitely* be my type of game (although I do have scant time to play any sort of game). I logged many hours on Privateer back in the day, if my avatar is any indication. :)

gavanw wrote:
Talvieno wrote:I talked to Gavan about it today in our weekly dev meeting.

Pretty good summary! One clarification: Josh was pretty open to talk about whatever, I was just saying that if he is ever silent about some aspect of development, he actually does have a good reason for it (I won't say any more than that though).

Also, Limit Theory would *definitely* be my type of game (although I do have scant time to play any sort of game). I logged many hours on Privateer back in the day, if my avatar is any indication. :)
Good to see a new post from you, Gavan. :D

I was concerned about this lack of interest Nathan was referring to in his post. *chuckle*

I'm glad the contact you had with Josh turned out to be of a positive nature. I was wondering how you would get along with each other in close proximity. :) Although the fact that you share so much in common as far as your work is concerned should have given you at least something to talk about. :angel:

My apologies for not being active on your forums, it's not lack of interest I can assure you. I am aware of Nathan's involvement in your project which is why I wanted him to receive the benefits of my tier. He has a far more active interest in Voxel Quest than I could possibly have.

I wish you nothing but success in your work and I'm very impressed by what you've achieved so far. :thumbup: :clap:

Victor Tombs wrote: My apologies for not being active on your forums, it's not lack of interest I can assure you. I am aware of Nathan's involvement in your project which is why I wanted him to receive the benefits of my tier. He has a far more active interest in Voxel Quest than I could possibly have.

I wish you nothing but success in your work and I'm very impressed by what you've achieved so far. :thumbup: :clap:
Thanks! Its not anyone's fault but mine that the forums are inactive. I visit often but more to look for new posts rather than post them myself. Fortunately, the game is still active, although development is not always interesting in small chunks, which is why I release bigger updates every few months usually. My main communication tool these days is twitter (for anyone not already aware). :squirrel:

Online Now