Return to “General”

Limit Theory News Android Application (fan made)

Hey Peeps

Just popping in to tell you all that the *unofficial* Limit Theory News (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... s&hl=en-GB) android application is now live :clap: , so if you fancy keeping the news and announcements in your pocket about LT then that app is your best mate! :mrgreen:

Hope you all enjoy it, any suggestions to improve the app or change things would be welcome, just use the 'feedback' feature inside the apps settings menu.

Happy Space Travels!

DC
Last edited by Gokuofuin on Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Limit Theory News Android Application

Well, it looks nice with the Material design and seems to work well, mostly. I got a bug where the list of items stayed plastered on top of the app so I couldn't see anything, but a restart fixed that.
And it seems to think video update 12 was posted half an hour ago. And a lot of the other video's between 3 hours and 2 weeks ago, which is completely wrong. :ghost:
Still, I personally prefer the actual website (or in case of reddit and twitter, an actual dedicated app) over an app that displays them in a webframe with ads. Also, I want to be able to reply on the forums, and the "news" style doesn't really work well for threads, since you have no context whatsoever.

Just my 2 cents though, it might be nice for people who prefer apps (might work better for smartphones, as I have a tablet).
Edit: that logo needs to go though - that's nothing like the actual LT logo :P
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Re: Limit Theory News Android Application (fan made)

Downloaded and immediately I see ads!
"Phone is infected" flashing thing that I truly despise :)

Will try the app.. who knows :)

Why are the videos (ie. Limit Theory Development Updates) showing as being updated 44 mins ago etc?
I click on one, Update #9, which goes back to Sep 2013!
Clicking through the comments, they are 2 years old - so why is your app showing they were updated in the last day?

Also, when I click on "youtube" it only shows 12 of the vids, not all of them :(
I want to have easy access to all youtube vids of LT, not what an app tells me I should watch.
(Order of listing of youtube vids in app: #9, #11, #16, #12, #21, #10, #20, #14, #7, #17, #18, #19)

Flickr link doesn't point to https://www.flickr.com/photos/129047878@N03/
:(

Website, Forums and Twitter work as intended :) :thumbup:

P.S. I used to be a beta tester for all forms of software/ games, so I test *everything* :)
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-
Re: Limit Theory News Android Application (fan made)

FormalMoss wrote:Downloaded and immediately I see ads!
"Phone is infected" flashing thing that I truly despise :)

Will try the app.. who knows :)

Why are the videos (ie. Limit Theory Development Updates) showing as being updated 44 mins ago etc?
I click on one, Update #9, which goes back to Sep 2013!
Clicking through the comments, they are 2 years old - so why is your app showing they were updated in the last day?

Also, when I click on "youtube" it only shows 12 of the vids, not all of them :(
I want to have easy access to all youtube vids of LT, not what an app tells me I should watch.
(Order of listing of youtube vids in app: #9, #11, #16, #12, #21, #10, #20, #14, #7, #17, #18, #19)

Flickr link doesn't point to https://www.flickr.com/photos/129047878@N03/
:(

Website, Forums and Twitter work as intended :) :thumbup:

P.S. I used to be a beta tester for all forms of software/ games, so I test *everything* :)
To answer the ones I can:
1) I cannot control what adsense decides to show you so sorry about that.
2) Unfortunately the method of using the RSS feeds can lead to some problems with the date of videos added pre-install of the application, I have not been able to pin down what makes the dates incorrect however I do know that once you have the app installed then the dating system will correct itself with new items
3) Unfortunately the amount of videos is determined by YouTube not be me so they only show a set amount on the persons RSS feed for that profile
4) Flickr works just fine for me so I am not sure what to say there, it is the feed of Josh's profile so ..... ?

That's about it, sorry I can't give you a better answer for the YouTube date issue, it is however something I am aware of. However I thank you for testing all of it out so much! It really helps me create something better and I can't do that without your input :)

Fly Safe

Online Now