Return to “General”

Around what, "window" of time is LT likely to be playable?

Hey there, I remembered that this thing existed today. Seems that the more time passes the longer and longer it takes for that to happen.

If informing the community about progress is such a bad bad bad frowned upon meany pants idea. Is it possible to have a loose approximate of when LT is likely to be in a playable state? Like, I dont know, is the game closer to being playable realistically in around 2 years, or is the progress so phenomenal that LT could potentially be playable around 1 year. Theres got to be some kind of way to at least give a super loose realistic approximation no?

Or you could just twist my question into a ridiculously vague hyperbole or answer it in such a way as to render its answer useless, like showing blurry pictures of your codes when people ask what you're currently working on. Whatever floats your boat.
Re: Around what, "window" of time is LT likely to be playabl

luniquekero wrote:Hey there, I remembered that this thing existed today. Seems that the more time passes the longer and longer it takes for that to happen.

If informing the community about progress is such a bad bad bad frowned upon meany pants idea. Is it possible to have a loose approximate of when LT is likely to be in a playable state? Like, I dont know, is the game closer to being playable realistically in around 2 years, or is the progress so phenomenal that LT could potentially be playable around 1 year. Theres got to be some kind of way to at least give a super loose realistic approximation no?

Or you could just twist my question into a ridiculously vague hyperbole or answer it in such a way as to render its answer useless, like showing blurry pictures of your codes when people ask what you're currently working on. Whatever floats your boat.
I believe there was a leaked internal release date (Josh's plans) of something like half a year but don't quote me. Also don't quote him, because he's been sketchy with release dates before and that's mostly why he doesn't give any.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

The window is approximately 6 months after Josh finishes work on the engine. Josh has 6 months worth of features to implement into limit theory if previous progress is used to gauge his coding speed. A list of features which are needed for the 1.0 release can be found here.

DISCLAIMER! These are my personal estimates! Do not hold Josh responsible if these are not accurate!
Last edited by BFett on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Probably, could be, should be, maybe, perhaps,.... I'm convinced we will see the playable game this year but my conviction concerning this matter is based on many of the same indicators that have been mentioned by others here...plus a gut instinct or a feeling in my water that I'm right. ;)

Not what you would call a scientific explanation of the whys and wherefores I'm afraid and it probably fits neatly into your said, "ridiculously vague hyperbole or answer it in such a way as to render its answer useless" catagory but based on what I actually know it's the only answer I have for you, luniquekero. :(

If Josh decides to elaborate a little on the leaked content concerning this issue I'm sure we/I could come up with something better. I'm way past believing the timescales that Josh issues. I despair when he uses his trademarked "Soon". It's failed and disappointed so many times before. But his grasp on and understanding of these matters no longer cause me concern. I prefer that he concentrates on looking like he's "half-braindead, half-asleep...when in fact he's having a great time and blasting on through development".

Sorry to be so terribly disappointing in my take on the matter but the official release date is still the undefined "as soon as possible" . :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote: I'm way past believing the timescales that Josh issues.
I think everyone, including Josh has accepted this.
Victor Tombs wrote: Sorry to be so terribly disappointing in my take on the matter but the official release date is still the undefined "as soon as possible" . :angel:
Though I know the offical release date is now "as soon as possible", I perfer "when it's done". Cause soon implies, well.. soon. I have zero expectations for this project any longer. Perhaps we will see something in 6 months, a year, 3 years or more... perhaps never. To be honest it's all good at this point. The hype has left me, but in a good way. The artist can take his time and release, when he's ready.. or not at all.
My Signature

Zanteogo wrote:Though I know the offical release date is now "as soon as possible", I perfer "when it's done". Cause soon implies, well.. soon.
The problem with "when it's done", Zanteogo, is that at release it most likely won't be done. We already know that Josh will still be working on the additional stretch goals after release, he's said this himself. If it's completely done, to the code warriors satisfaction, we will be waiting somewhat longer than "as soon as possible". I'm more than prepared to wait but there are many who are not. ;)

I don't like that dreaded word "soon" being used either but I prefer it to "done". I have no idea how all encompassing the meaning of the word "done" can be in the mind of Josh Parnell. *chuckle*

The phrase 'When it's done' has a bit of a sore spot for me after waiting so many years for Duke Nukem Forever because their only response was 'When its done'. :(

That being said, I say we don't hound Josh over the leaked date. We can hope for the best, but keeping in the limelight will only put undue pressure on the man.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
BFett wrote:The window is approximately 6 months after Josh finishes work on the engine
[citation needed]
(Shields, Reputation, Track discoveries) - 1 month
(Building Ships and Stations) - 1 month
(Import Export, Oculus Rift, Auto Turrets) - 1 month
(Planet Colonization) - 1 month
(Release of beta) - 1 month
(Beta testing) - 1 month
(Full Release) - 1 month

7 months total, at least 6 till we see beta.

DISCLAIMER! These are my personal estimates! Do not hold Josh responsible if these are not accurate!
Last edited by BFett on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DWMagus wrote:The phrase 'When it's done' has a bit of a sore spot for me after waiting so many years for Duke Nukem Forever because their only response was 'When its done'. :(
"When it's done" is just a very fitting phrase. It's truthful, because we won't see it until Josh is ready, and it's an almost passive aggressive way of saying "don't bother to ask questions, cause we aren't getting info, when it's released, you will know". (though by all means, ask the question. Just don't expect any answers)
DWMagus wrote:That being said, I say we don't hound Josh over the leaked date. We can hope for the best, but keeping in the limelight will only put undue pressure on the man.
I think Josh is WELL past such worries. Regardless if the date given was a legit leak or not, Josh has been giving out dates since 2012. We all know how accurate those dates have been. The only date we should actually pay attention to is: "When it's done".
My Signature

Online Now