Return to “General”

Re: Any possibility of an Xmas update?

The chances for a "working" build at this time are slim to none. What i got from his latest updates is that he had to break everything, then turn it inside-out, upside-down and is now putting the whole mess back together. So the only thing he could show you is code and code and did i mention "lots of code" ;)

Merry Xmas Josh!
professional lurker since forever

Heh, a final "Years End Dev Blog" would be cool, doing a JoshTechRant on all the cool shit he is working on :D

But honestly I want to see Josh play an old (stable-ish) build on twitch for a few hours, with some minor audience interaction :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Josh: That's cool, I wasn't really looking for a content update. I was actually just looking for more of a "State of Josh" update. :) You've said you are working on the game, that's really good enough for me, I just thought you might like to share what you have personally found satisfying in the last few months, even if we can't see all the details relating to it.

If Josh were to twitch stream it for a few hours, I would have to reschedule my life to be there, my wife will understand. Please announce in advance if you actually plan on doing this as I would be immensely sad to miss it.
This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine.

Hey Josh.
Just look at all the love and support you got from all these faithful forum members over the past years with all its ups and downs. They believe in your project and i think they are one if not THE reason for you to always get back up on your feet and go on. Give them something and they will love it as well as provide helpful criticism. They deserve it!

Edit: also, think about it (not implying that you haven't, sometimes it's just good to see ones reflections outspoken by someone else): I can't think of anyone who has ever taken on trying to develop a game of that extension on his own. You can come up with all the knowledge and skills that are needed for the process, but you never have someone to discuss your ideas with and to plot out the path you're going, you always depend on yourself.. And that might sound a bit highbrow now, but a system can never fully understand itself. You need someone to reflect on your considerations just in order to find their value for what you're trying to archive. And since your community is there, make it part of it! I believe that this is would be a much more success promising way to go. With all respect to the basics that you're building up now and that a majority of the people here wouldn't understand (including me). Concepts can and should be made in advance.

Sorry I'll stop playing daddy wisdom now. Just wanted to tell you my thoughts.
Cheers!

Online Now