Return to “General”

Nothing to show

Okay upon reading yet another one of "those" posts... I feel that the time has come for me to post something that has been on my mind for some time. I am really getting tired of people accusing other people, any people of having nothing to show.

Choosing not to show anything is NOT the same as not having anything. All over the world companies and producers do not share what they have as doing so removes bargaining power, or spoils a surprise, or simply becomes a burden someone doesn't wish to have to manage. In the case of LT it would be the latter. I really wish people would stop implying that he has nothing to show. Even myself, I have worried and had concerns that this may be the case. Though I know for a fact that if he doesn't have something to show it is for a reason. E.g he is running things on a simulation level as such that it simply isn't interesting to show. Unless of course you like seeing a bunch of raw text, numbers and data. I'm sure there are many in this community that do, but then I refer you to the last part of that list. It becomes a burden, a burden that he may not wish to take on at this stage. Which is fair enough. I mean I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. I don't agree with it, but I get it. I/We have every right to expect, complain and generally not accept what he is doing. That is our right. It is NOT our right however to spew it all over the forums after it has been said a thousand times by previous people. There just isn't any point. The discussion has been had, the options have been weighed, the outcome has not changed.

So seriously... stop bloody pretending he (Or anyone for that matter) doesn't have anything to show for it. People have been saying that since the kickstarter and not only has it been incorrect, it has been massively useless negative vitriol. If your goal on the internet is to spew nonsense under the guise of your opinion, or some self-righteous attempt at helping a community just ask yourself one simple thing. "Is there a helpful outcome that can be achieved by stating this?" If the answer is clearly no and you are still doing it, you cannot take or have the high ground. So don't try.

And yes I know, I myself have faltered on that one as I have at times made posts that reiterate upon things that have previously already been discussed. Though I always assert that there is a point to it for me. Mostly to try to give Josh a perspective that perhaps he hasn't accepted yet. It is his choice after all whether he does.

// End Rant
Last edited by TGS on Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Nothing to show

The same things have been said about Star Citizen (not long ago) and now a bunch of people are playing Alpha 2.0 and we have seen seamless planetary landing, first person object interaction, new cool spaceships and a lot of extra stuff.

Besides, LT is all about procedural generated content, so it's not like he took six months to have four ships working or two planetary colonies or a new type of ore, it's more like when he finish his asset creation algorithms for example we are going to have EVERYTHING we will ever need. He can't just show us a new ship design every month because when he finally feel comfortable enough to show it to us every single possible ship will be already available, and the same thing goes for everything else in the game. That, as far as I understand it, was always the idea.

I hope I'm not being too naive. :ghost:
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

I honestly take it as a sign of a compliment.

There are enough people to be passionate about this that they're willing to get upset and get mad over this.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:I honestly take it as a sign of a compliment.

There are enough people to be passionate about this that they're willing to get upset and get mad over this.
This is an extremely positive outlook, well said Magussssssss

edit: Magussssssssssssssss

Well, this is a classical Schrodinger's cat example. Since we do not have proof, the game is both dead, and not dead inside the box. So yeah, OP is right, but the people that also say there is no game because there is nothing to show for it, are also right. So it falls down on faith I guess. People have faith that the game will come out, and Josh is making advances on it.

So come join me brothers and sisters! we will build the LT temple, and pray the procedural RNG gods so that we will all live long and prosper!! May the force be with you all!!!

Talvieno wrote:
Grumblesaur wrote:Jesus, the clickbait title threads we get on this forum rival Buzzfeed at times.
This tempts me to make a completely ridiculous clickbait thread. I won't though. :P
All my threads will now have click bait titles. I will also change my name to "Spam Bot" and set my profile picture to this :lol: : Image (Such an amazing game)
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Kalmander wrote:So come join me brothers and sisters! we will build the LT temple, and pray the procedural RNG gods so that we will all live long and prosper!! May the force be with you all!!!
Tsshhh, brother, everybody already thinks we are a cult.

Seriously, though - it's not about faith, it's about some people feeling the need to be constantly fed information. No idea why they need it - I did a successful crowdfunding campaign myself, and I have a couple of backers whining about delays and lack of attention and lack of communication and being not professional by not communicating every detail of the process...and I think they do it simply because they like doing it. They want to influence the process, they want to feel important, they want to feel in control - somehow.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Kalmander wrote:So come join me brothers and sisters! we will build the LT temple, and pray the procedural RNG gods so that we will all live long and prosper!! May the force be with you all!!!
Forget the goat Sly this idea is almost perfect for you. ;) You can wear your best priestly robes and do some chanting and suchlike. *chuckle"

Online Now