Return to “General”

What stage is LT currently at?

Hey guys! This sounds like a silly question but is there some sort of place where Josh is writing the progress on LT. It's not that I'll be upset if he's not working on it, it's more the fact that since the video and text dev logs stopped I've literally lost all hope of working out what stage the game is at. I've look at dev logs of other games and now I keep getting confused as to what LT has in it.

For example is there a place where Josh is maybe posting screenshots of the game?
Re: What stage is LT currently at?

ForsakenCrown wrote:
NeothPlays wrote:For example is there a place where Josh is maybe posting screenshots of the game?
Well he recently opened up his Flickr. No idea whether or not he's still posting screenshots to it(I don't think he is) but at the very least there are a ton of screenshots that haven't been seen before.
Okay thanks! That's what I was looking for, something where I can actually see what the game looks like and notice new features.

The leap of faith stage.

No new news about the game for almost a year now but dont worry, cause the guy that cashed in 200K says its under HEAVY DEVELOPMENT with a system thats so MUCH MORE EFFICIENT THAN BEFORE. Even though before a game update was coming out every month with clear progress on the project and while now asking for a mere paragraph or videocapture of development is met with indignation and ridicule by the community.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:Question: from which development team but Josh did you get regular/montly updates at all?

Why is it wrong for exactly josh to say: "im developing, dont annoy me now" ?

There are many devs that dont give a peep for months, and josh does that as well and its suddenly wrong?

Logic where?
Many of them actually. Undertale would post at least once everymonth, Stonehearth has a dev blog with regular posts, FTL was pretty active on kickstarter and forum too. This is not rocket science, by keeping the conversation going about your game dev you stay relevant and you keep the confidence of your backers.

Before Josh would post a video update monthly as well as daily document his progress on this forum. But now there is no update, whatsoever, about the game. Not too little, there is, none. After being gone for so long, many people, as well as backers, lost faith in this project and posting an update, now and again, would help greatly with that, but he doesnt. Which makes me suspicious because if such great leap of progress was being made just showing it would be a great deal appreciated after such a long absence. And especially since this project is funded by other people, being transparent in your development is respectful to your backers.

And its always wrong when devs don't give a peep for months, especially since it usually means the project is dying or progressing extremely slowly, so I dont know what you're talking about.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:Question: from which development team but Josh did you get regular/montly updates at all?

There are many devs that dont give a peep for months, and josh does that as well and its suddenly wrong?

Logic where?
To be fair, the game is almost two years past the original release date. Josh went from being ultra communicative to nothing now to the current level we are at. I certainly understand why some peoples ability to be patient is worn out.

I am well past the point of waiting for updates. To me, if we get them, awesome. If we don't, well, I guess we don't. Josh can take another 4 years to get LT out if he wants. It's clear he going to do things when he's ready, certainly no point in getting worked up about anything at this point.

I'm actually surprised we don't see more upset people here to be honest. We are probably at the point where the "honeymoon period" of Josh's reaching out and opening up has worn off.
My Signature

It's certainly getting close for me Zanteogo. For me it's more of a question of what has Josh yet to complete coding. At this point I really don't know, and I don't have anything to point to which I could say "yep, Josh still has this to do". I really would like to have a list of things which are blocking the release of the beta. It's the sitting around and waiting without any details which is likely upsetting pieces of the community.

A suggestion:

Step 1:
Set a repeating reminder in your calendar for every 2-3 months "Check up on LT"

Step 2:
Forget LT exists and is in development, shift your attention to other things in life

Step 3:
Only check back when your reminder's alert you to do so.
Step 3a:
If there is significant news, update yourself.
Step 3b:
If there is no significant news, repeat step 2.

Repeat Steps 2 & 3 until
A) LT is released, enjoy
B) LT is formally abandoned by Josh
C) You no longer care about LT

If you have invested money in LT, welcome to the risky world of investing. Satisfaction NOT garuanteed. Kickstarter is not a store. If you feel that Josh has ran away with your money, you are free to contact your lawyer.

At the very least, you had the opportunity to participate in an amazing community; If you did not participate, then I guess you have multiple regrets.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

would've loved to see more info on this - been looking forward to LT since the KS days.
Ah well - with the upcoming Horizons release of Elite Dangerous, Hopefully a sooner rather than later release of Star Citizen 2.0 and No Man's Sky (not that much - seems too campy but better than nothing) - plenty to do while LT chugs along!
Like many other erstwhile regulars- i stopped visiting the forums frequently - now i peek in once a month just for old time's sakes - but no more anticipation like the old days ! sad but inevitable!

Question: from which development team but Josh did you get regular/montly updates at all?

Logic where?
It's funny that Josh's habits from one year ago are still frequently summoned as for excuses for the lack of one single line of information during the past whole year. Besides, yeah, it's pretty normal for devs to not give a peep for months. But an indie dev funded by crowdfunding no to give a peep for a whole year? Well, that's not as normal. And when it happens, people complain, right? So, that's it. It's just about stopping to pretend Josh is not treating LT's info as these devs we usually complain about, with the only difference that some people seem to think critiques are meant for the whole set of devs in the world - with Josh's exception.

It's just like Zanteogo says:
I'm actually surprised we don't see more upset people here to be honest. We are probably at the point where the "honeymoon period" of Josh's reaching out and opening up has worn off.
And such honeymoon period might have worn off because yes, people were and are understanding of the difficulties he had. He was super cool and brave to have brought all in open. But of course that after such a long time, people expected to see anything about the game and going radical in the opposite behavior was either inconsiderate or simple mistaken. It's not that anyone is asking for the crazy amount of info from the past. It is not that people want videos. Or torrents of pictures. They didn't get even one single anything, not even a single line of information, about the game, in almost a whole year. How much pressure does it pose over a developer's shoulder to take a picture once in a while? I fully agree with BFett above: even simple details on what lies ahead were never told since December 2014. That's an absurd amount of time, specially after the period when it looked like the game was dead. Very simple.

PS: Oh, it was taking too much time before some of the patrolmen would come and suggest that people criticizing anything about sacred Josh should get a life or shift to their lifes or something. Thankfully, my soul is multi-thread: I can have a life, take care of it and still post in a forum about a game I have been following since ever. Lucky me!

Hyperion wrote:A suggestion:

Step 1:
Set a repeating reminder in your calendar for every 2-3 months "Check up on LT"

Step 2:
Forget LT exists and is in development, shift your attention to other things in life

Step 3:
Only check back when your reminder's alert you to do so.
Step 3a:
If there is significant news, update yourself.
Step 3b:
If there is no significant news, repeat step 2.

Repeat Steps 2 & 3 until
A) LT is released, enjoy
B) LT is formally abandoned by Josh
C) You no longer care about LT

If you have invested money in LT, welcome to the risky world of investing. Satisfaction NOT garuanteed. Kickstarter is not a store. If you feel that Josh has ran away with your money, you are free to contact your lawyer.

At the very least, you had the opportunity to participate in an amazing community; If you did not participate, then I guess you have multiple regrets.
Thats what everyone is already doing. Only difference is that I add step 4, which is to denounce Josh' lack of transparency and progress. "Someone" has to seed a bit of reality in this cultist forum.

luniquekero wrote:The leap of faith stage.

No new news about the game for almost a year now but dont worry, cause the guy that cashed in 200K says its under HEAVY DEVELOPMENT with a system thats so MUCH MORE EFFICIENT THAN BEFORE. Even though before a game update was coming out every month with clear progress on the project and while now asking for a mere paragraph or videocapture of development is met with indignation and ridicule by the community.
Your dissent is understandable, but I would encourage you to express it in a less passive-aggressive way.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Online Now