Return to “General”

Re: What stage is LT currently at?

Flatfingers wrote:
That One Character in Pokèmon wrote:Light years are a measure of distance!
Oh.

Well, in that case, I expect Limit Theory will be out in 12 parsecs.
Pretty sure the light-year comment was about the time it would take us to travel a light-year in Kilometers per hour. But hey, I could be wrong.

The other way to think of it could be that LT is currently down here (at the arrow) and the beta is way over here (at the |).
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Last edited by BFett on Tue May 10, 2016 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

NonBritGit wrote:It's already mid year and if anyone thinks LT is even a light-year away from beta then you must truly have been reading some other forum than this one. Perhaps mid year 2017? That may even be a stretch. I think I've been away nearly a year and it's sad to see LT appears not an inch further along than it was. Reports of the new code is coming along nicely is very, very vague and even that being true, now creating the actual game play again (that we saw years ago already) has to be yet another monumental task that would seem to take more years yet.
Strongly disagree :)
BFett wrote:How do we gauge the success of Josh's decision to switch to python? Is it even our place to make a judgement?
You can't really, you would have had to see the alternate universe where I die of stress and not being able to complete it in C++ :ghost: When it comes out, though, you'll just have to take my word that it wouldn't have happened without this switch.

---

Starting some time in mid-June is when you all will start to see the pedal being put to the metal. I've had to dial back from 10 to 7 for the past month due to planning and navigating major changes in my RL situation (won't get into detail, but there's a lot of stuff colliding and happening all at once in May, and it's been rather stressful). But come June/July, RL will have settled down, I'll be in a position to return to 10, and I also estimate that somewhere around that time will be the crossing point where the state of the engine & game surpass the old implementation (in terms of completeness).

(Don't mistake dialing from 10 to 7 with dialing from 10 to 0. I said 10 to 7 and I meant it quite precisely, it's my best estimate. I did just wrap up a long night of fruitful coding :) )

Look forward to #SummerOfLT (don't take that as a 'BETA-incoming' message...but...do expect to see this whole 'LT is kill' situation blown away!)
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JoshParnell wrote: Look forward to #SummerOfLT (don't take that as a 'BETA-incoming' message...but...do expect to see this whole 'LT is kill' situation blown away!)
Sorry Josh, you've had too many Era tags to be believed on faith. I'll just stay here patiently thinking that LT exists in the indefinite near-future (Like fusion power and Personal Robots :roll: ) until there is some more evidence. But I suppose I can now use this statement as a tool to bug you. :lol: :twisted:
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

KingMoo wrote:Please be careful. Don't "push for 10" just because people are getting demanding. Maybe just 9? Or 8.5. We don't want to fall into the situation of you being overworked.
We'll get there when we get there.
You're right, I certainly shouldn't try to do what I was doing before. 9 it is then :)
Hyperion wrote:Sorry Josh, you've had too many Era tags to be believed on faith. I'll just stay here patiently thinking that LT exists in the indefinite near-future (Like fusion power and Personal Robots ) until there is some more evidence. But I suppose I can now use this statement as a tool to bug you.
Post details
No apologies needed, I would hope that no one will ever listen to my time-related comments again unless they're backed by overwhelming evidence (e.g., hey look, you can now download the beta :P )

Feel free to use it against me though.

I really do see the explosion coming this time, I swear :shifty:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Well I can't download the beta, I'm not a backer. But when I start seeing screenshots and videos popping up, from beta players or yourself hint hint then I will #feelthetheory. I'll just be #feelinthebern until you post something more radical and world-changing, which I'm confident you will
Spoiler:      SHOW
if you actually produce something more world changing than Sanders proposed transformation of America, I will probably start a religion around you... If Slymodi doesn't beat me to it. :lol:
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

I have not done much posting lately but let me say my opinion as it stands as of this post.

Why are we all still here?

Is it because we love counting the days past the KS delivery date?

Is it because we have so much time spent discussing LT that we fear it will simply vanish if we no longer talk about it?

No we continue to click on that bookmark because there is STILL nothing like LT on the market. Egosoft utterly failed with X Rebirth, Other space games are taking different approaches or are some kind of 4x strategy game. And no company seems to want to risk the money to make a game even remotely similar to LTs goals. All this delay and NOBODY has bothered to capitalize. And likely this will remain so for a long time.

Josh could say he is only working on LT one hour a week. And we would STILL come here.

Will the market accept LT after the years of delay? It depends.. It would have been better if LT launched years ago but something tells me Josh stopped caring about the market for LT a long time ago. So it does not matter if he posts any kind of "proof" or footage or whatever at this point. When it appears on steam you will be hitting the purchase button just as fast as everyone else.

So right now I am pretty much just waiting for the day when I can buy Limit Theory. I am pretty sure it is going to happen at this point (Seriously if Josh was trying to make us believe he was coding something that did not exist he would have gotten bored a long time ago) I don't know when that is but I will buy it when it comes out. All I really can say.

Online Now