Return to “General”

Re: Beta Plan

JoshParnell wrote:Seriously though, you guys are nice folks. And if there are good community folk out there that genuinely can't afford LT on release (that I've known for some time prior to release), I'm pretty sure it won't kill me to give a key away here and there... :D
The Community has already helped a number of the less fortunate members with other games, Josh. It's not likely that any deserving case will find themselves without the most important game of all. ;) :angel:

DigitalDuck wrote:
Ringu wrote:The simple numeric figure of one's income really doesn't come close to describing how well-off someone is.
I find a better figure is, "How many hours of work do I need to do to buy 1000 litres of milk?"
When you run the numbers of how many hours of work it takes to buy [insert product here], stuff gets expensive really quickly.

Be sure to include travel time to and from work as part of your hours worked when calculating your hourly wage.
We noticed that this thread got a little side-tracked into a conversation about eating spaghetti with a spoon. We do enjoy our fair share of italian food, but please remember to keep discussion on-topic when posting on the forums.

DigitalDuck wrote:I find a better figure is, "How many hours of work do I need to do to buy 1000 litres of milk?"
For some reason this has tickled me. :-)

I think an even better figure is "How many hours of work can I stand before I need to buy 1000 litres of [insert alcohol of choice]?"
--
Mind The Gap

Ringu wrote:
DigitalDuck wrote:I find a better figure is, "How many hours of work do I need to do to buy 1000 litres of milk?"
For some reason this has tickled me. :-)

I think an even better figure is "How many hours of work can I stand before I need to buy 1000 litres of [insert alcohol of choice]?"
No good. Because in my country milk production get subventions, alcool not :)

But an engineer salary should get you about 1l of strong alcool per hour even after tax. But not long, because when you drink the 8 or 9 liters per day, your efficiency may suffer and you may loose your alcool salary supply. :mrgreen:

DigitalDuck wrote:
Ringu wrote:The simple numeric figure of one's income really doesn't come close to describing how well-off someone is.
I find a better figure is, "How many hours of work do I need to do to buy 1000 litres of milk?"
Reminded me of this movie, for some odd reason:

https://youtu.be/1wMyYiWq_UE?t=7m13s

Yes, start at around 7:13.. it's in Chinese.. but the airport lady is basically telling him that he can't take the milk (from his hometown) on the plane with him.. his solution?.. watch. :)

Silverware wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:The nice thing is that $0.00/hr is the same in all currencies and all regions, which is what I'm at currently :roll: :ghost:

Seriously though, you guys are nice folks. And if there are good community folk out there that genuinely can't afford LT on release (that I've known for some time prior to release), I'm pretty sure it won't kill me to give a key away here and there... :D
Don't do that, I fully intend to buy at least two copies of the game, so some of us will give out keys. :V
You need the money so that you can invest into LT2 !
I'd be fully willing to do a lottery or contest for people who can't afford LT for whatever reasons they may have. I'd pitch in a key once it is released and if the need was there.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Black--Snow wrote:
IronDuke wrote: Errr... :shock: Thanks! :wave: That's really generous! I do appreciate it; offer accepted! :D :thumbup:
I tooootally did not expect that...
Now we just have to make sure Josh includes a gifting option... :lol:

--IronDuke
Once when I was younger a guy I met online (he was 1-2 years older than I was) bought me a copy of Minecraft when I had no means of buying it because I was like 10 or something. Blame him, because he kind of gave me a taste of the effect generosity can have on people.

Besides, $20 more is like an hours work at a supermarket. (Which is about as good as you get at 16, haha)
And here I am, programming for 5€ gross the hour :)

I ain't even bad :(

EDIT: I can, somehow, afford it. The post was not a beg :D. Just... life
May luck be by your side for the matters not under your responsability.

Entropy wrote:
Black--Snow wrote:
IronDuke wrote: Errr... :shock: Thanks! :wave: That's really generous! I do appreciate it; offer accepted! :D :thumbup:
I tooootally did not expect that...
Now we just have to make sure Josh includes a gifting option... :lol:

--IronDuke
Once when I was younger a guy I met online (he was 1-2 years older than I was) bought me a copy of Minecraft when I had no means of buying it because I was like 10 or something. Blame him, because he kind of gave me a taste of the effect generosity can have on people.

Besides, $20 more is like an hours work at a supermarket. (Which is about as good as you get at 16, haha)
And here I am, programming for 5€ gross the hour :)

I ain't even bad :(

EDIT: I can, somehow, afford it. The post was not a beg :D. Just... life
Move to India, they have a massive boom in IT at the moment.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Online Now