Return to “General”

Re: looking forward

I guess I'm comparing this to other games where you can still buy access at different levels. Seems Josh promised everything to early backers and everyone else is just left out in the snow until release.
Not that Josh would do this, but just because we gave him money to do a certain thing, he is not legally obligated to fulfill what we think we paid for. Kickstarter is a way to donate money towards people who want to make or do something. You can pay the money and if they fail, then they fail and you get nothing.

But Josh will prevail! And we won't be disappointed.

This thread was going so well too.

I'm looking forward to the control scheme of the fleet AI. Will it be similar to gambits, or something new? Either way, I'm interested.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:...

My fault. I apologize, and I'll try to do a better job of sticking to constructive comments.
DWMagus wrote:I'm looking forward to the control scheme of the fleet AI. Will it be similar to gambits, or something new? Either way, I'm interested.
Fleet control in general is going to be fascinating. I'm curious how much range there'll be between "move ship A to location 1; move ship B to location 2; etc." and "order your Grand Admiral to develop and execute a strategy that causes neighboring Civilization Q to surrender without a fight."

Beyond that, one of the first things I'm going to go hunting for in the LTSL code are the bits that define NPC personality traits. I look forward to seeing how that affects character and group and colony and faction AI.

Of course, that's assuming I can form even the fuzziest idea of what the heck any of the game code actually does. I have the strongest dread that the LTSL code will be so extraordinarily elegant as to be incomprehensible to anyone who's not the original developer.

Or maybe just to me.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:im looking forward to build my own ships

and exploring the possibilities of the scanning system (not the point and look interface, but the whole mechanics that could be behind it)
This and exploring in general is what I'm looking forward the most, since I'm not that skilled at RTS. Dogfighting for the sake of it is OK, but what a man needs a plan and that's a fact. So the plan is exploring and see what the scanning mechanics can do, besides being able to design your own ships. :D
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

DWMagus wrote:...

Well, it's hard on followers not to have an outlet to discuss (yes, even if it's pointless) something that's foremost on everyone's mind. It's only human nature to want to keep chatting about that thing. I suppose it's a way of protecting/shielding Josh, but then you'd want to go ahead and delete all those threads as well.

I'm most looking forward to digging into the LTSL and making any of my hopes that aren't in the game a reality. (Planetary exploration is probably #1, not sure if it's planned or not though)
A life well lived only happens once.
Seems deep until you think about it.

vector67 wrote:I'm most looking forward to digging into the LTSL and making any of my hopes that aren't in the game a reality. (Planetary exploration is probably #1, not sure if it's planned or not though)
This, I'm excited to see what I can do.

More specifically I'm excited to see if I can implement the essence of being in the cockpit like in E:D with more. I have visions of flying up to my custom made carrier/research/citadel/army creation/galaxy domination ship from the comfort of my custom fighter, landing inside of it, opening a command center dialog/window, and plotting out my empire/armies next move on galactic conquest... Or maybe make a hive like enemy that plays for the dominance of the galaxy and that it is my or another AI's soul mission (or both) to take them out before they kill us. Because eventually they will.

Or you know, become an efficient trader.
:D

ravener96 wrote:when it comes to LTSL i'm looking to make crews a comodity and a resource.
This may already be how things work. I think I recall Josh mentioning the crews will essentially be "items". What impact they have on game play is up in the air obviously but I do recall some talk of crews being commodities in the base LT. At one point I remember him talking about being able to choose between getting human crew or robotic crew sort of thing.

TGS wrote:
ravener96 wrote:when it comes to LTSL i'm looking to make crews a comodity and a resource.
This may already be how things work. I think I recall Josh mentioning the crews will essentially be "items". What impact they have on game play is up in the air obviously but I do recall some talk of crews being commodities in the base LT. At one point I remember him talking about being able to choose between getting human crew or robotic crew sort of thing.
i was thinking that crews should be in the thousands depending on size, and can be killed off by suficcient hull damage or boarding pods. if josh is doing something like that it will be another thing to look forward to.

Online Now