Return to “General”

Re: JOSH NO IS KILL!!!

aspman wrote:Scenario: Josh has a breakdown/major health issue. He goes off grid due to hospitalization. After initial upset the healing process kicks in and someone (on his behalf) takes over his personal affairs including checking email.

Said person probably isn't monitoring this forum, twitter etc. just email. Unlike personal messages from individuals, they report the RPS mail and Josh dictates a response for them to reply.

This is just a scenario remember, I have no facts, but is what I have suspected all along, and would explain why he went off-grid, and has only responded to RPS and not the community.

If this is the correct then I for one am just happy we managed to get a confirmation that he is alive and (getting) well, and will be back when he can.
I am not ready to even remotely think this has happened. It would mean Josh or RPS is flat out telling us lies. If Josh hospitalized himself over LT stress. The first thing that would have been dropped is limit theory development. He would have dropped the source code or LTSL base engine and let the community finish it.

I am far more inclined to believe that this was truly not LT related and that Josh refuses to face us about the delay. It is hurtful but it better than even remotely thinking he is telling us lies.

AbhChallenger wrote:I am not ready to even remotely think this has happened. It would mean Josh or RPS is flat out telling us lies. If Josh hospitalized himself over LT stress. The first thing that would have been dropped is limit theory development. He would have dropped the source code or LTSL base engine and let the community finish it.

I am far more inclined to believe that this was truly not LT related and that Josh refuses to face us about the delay. It is hurtful but it better than even remotely thinking he is telling us lies.
Not that I believe this is what happened, but at the same time I don't believe that if it were that Josh would simply hand over the code for the community to finish it. I think he would wait until he was better to finish it.

I also don't believe RPS or Josh are telling us lies, the fact is they haven't said anything that we can prove is false. Josh is extremely good at misdirection, he might not even realize just how good he is at it. This is something of a skill for any showman which Josh very much is. I think whatever has happened is something that ultimately isn't our business. The only thing that is our business is LT, and even that is only our business so much as it relates to a possible release or delay of release. Which may come in the next month or so. If not oh well. No point making a fuss over it.

I really wish people would stop speculating, because really throwing any scenario no matter how far fetched only encourages the speculative nonsense. RPS served one function, revealed to us that Josh is still alive and still intends to continue work on LT. Anything beyond that simply doesn't and shouldn't matter. I think some here are extremely selfish in their expectations with Josh and in some ways I think it is getting close to invasion of privacy with how much people are expecting. What is going on in Josh's personal life is none of our business. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Josh has had to take some personal time and if that's the case then that's okay. Similarly I'd also understand his hesitation to reveal this fact due to the fact that the latest proposed release of beta was first quarter of 2015 and we're already nearly past the latest point where that could be applicable.

Which is why I agree that it may be time to go ahead and close the forum for the time being.

We are simply not posting anything remotely relevant anymore. It is just mountains of speculation held up by disappointment. We tell ourselves that we are going to just sit and wait but are too drawn to the possibility of an update. Possibility of today being the day of the beta that we end up clicking that bookmark. Then when we see there is nothing new we start speculating. Or arguing.

Let's use EA's battlefront as an example. We dislike EA. We can't stand how they operate their business. Yet everyone that is even remotely interested in Battlefront is going to buy it. We are going to buy the battle of endor DLC. We are going to buy the Pod Racing expansion and the inevitable Episode 7 content. So all this moaning about EA is absolutely pointless because we are going to open our wallets as soon as we watch that twitch stream or youtube video.

For the backers they will play LT beta when it comes out. For us non backers. We will pound the buy button on steam the moment the store page appears. And if we claim otherwise we are likely saying bullcrap.

We are mad we are pissed. And we keep returning for more. That is why it is time to close it down. There is no way beta will fly under the radar so it can be reopened then and we will return.

Why are you people not furious that a random-ass person from RPS can email Josh and get a response overnight, when the people supporting--and in many cases paying for--the game can't even get aknowlegement of whether Josh is alive for months?

The worship you've formed around this man is so tight that you don't even feel the sting from the 5 fingered red mark on your face.

Unbelievable, I will not be playing this game and you should think more about the situation for a moment, now that your relief has passed.
woops, my bad, everything & anything actually means specific and conformed

Katawa wrote:Why are you people not furious that a random-ass person from RPS can email Josh and get a response overnight, when the people supporting--and in many cases paying for--the game can't even get aknowlegement of whether Josh is alive for months?

The worship you've formed around this man is so tight that you don't even feel the sting from the 5 fingered red mark on your face.

Unbelievable, I will not be playing this game and you should think more about the situation for a moment, now that your relief has passed.
I will say this, I have never worshiped Josh. I think he has a neat idea for a game, I think he has some great programing skills, but I think he is a very flawed person. Just like everyone else.

I may not worship him, but I don't hate him either. I never gave him a cent so he owes me zero. The only thing he has taken from me so far is my time here, and he never asked for it.

I am sure one day he will return with beta in hand and post something along the lines of "Sorry guys, had to focus on LT. However, here is the beta!!!"
The Josh faithful will yell, "Told you guys so!" and "See??? All you people who said otherwise, he is back!" and "We love you Josh".
That's ok by me, I won't, but hey, what ever works for some people.

The day the game gets released, if it's mostly what he promised, I will buy it. Why not? If it's something I enjoy I'm not going to "stick it to Josh" by not buying it. What possible thing would that prove? I will just be out a game and Josh won't know the difference.
My Signature

Katawa wrote:Why are you people not furious that a random-ass person from RPS can email Josh and get a response overnight, when the people supporting--and in many cases paying for--the game can't even get aknowlegement of whether Josh is alive for months?

Nobody here has actually emailed Josh. That random guy from RPS is probably the first. :ghost:

Also, Katawas back. Yay! *does happy dance* :D
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Idunno wrote: Nobody here has actually emailed Josh. That random guy from RPS is probably the first. :ghost:
I beg to differ.
Really? When? :think:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Believe me, Katawa, I'm not at all pleased with what's going on. I don't get furious about anything nowadays but I am tired of this pathetic game of excuse making for a young man who should know better than to treat this Community with what increasingly appears to be total disrespect. As I see it, even if Josh is incapable of using a keyboard (which is obviously not the case) he could allow someone he trusts to use his account to give us firsthand information as to the current state of play.

Glad to know you are still around and even though there are, and probably always will be, differing opinions as to the value of your contribution here I still have happy memories of our discussions. :angel:

Online Now