Return to “General”

Re: Comments and Criticisms regarding RTB and Post schedule

DWMagus wrote:
maxrsp wrote:Hey DWMagnus, can you hook a brother up??? :D
I have something similar waiting in the wings. I'll probably post it later today. It'll piss off some people, but it'll be to curtail this whole issue.
"After Josh's long time absence we have decided to transform the forums into an Elite:Dangerous fanforum..."

:ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

First off, I'm not entitled to anything. Let's get that straight. I was following the game from first internet mentions, I've read all the forums, but I'm not a backer.

Ok, now my thoughts on the issue. I REALLY wanted this game to succeed. I loved the concept, this game and No Man's Sky are my gaming dream-come-true games - but after reading all the posts about recent situation with dev going rogue, suddenly stopping any contact on his own forum, and his previous entries being shorter and shorter...

He's not coming back. What I think happened is - Kickstarter money run out, he has to support himself somehow so does not have time to develop anything. Why he went silent? Because he was looking for a studio that would buy his game and let him continue development, or nor depending on his mindset - but that's what I think was going on. He's not giving you any information, because he does not have any at the moment, and as it seems he was not able to find an interested party (because no one wants indie game that has to compete with ED and SC).

Why do you think conversation with a gaming news website happens, but conversation with you does not? Because you already gave the money and that river is dry - that's why RPS is still someone to talk to, and forums are not, even if those are THE MOST supportive forums I ever saw, EVER. You guys are like a patient mom, that loves his criminal murderer son, because, well, she just loves him. It's a good thing, but also even more saddening at the same time. This man got hundreds of thousands of dollars and he can't even write a tweet, 5 second post or "Chillax bro's, I got me some nice tits to play with so be patient"...
Imagine a friend you gave money to going AWOL for months, speaking to your other colleagues but not you... think of it. This is zero respect behavior. And why he acts like that? Because he does not need you anymore.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but for me, that's the most reasonable scenario here - and I'm just as sad that this amazing game may never see beta. Right now, I think the UI changes may just be photoshop scam - it would not surprise me at all.

It looks like it's over, because every option shows that one way or another, dev does not care for his player base anymore. He's intelligent enough to know what he is doing.

Seeing as virtually every newcomer to this forum, since the end of the Kickstarter, has shown a desire to throw money at the game, it seems unlikely to me that
Josh is in need of cash. If he is in need of more money, why isn't he accepting money from the large amount of people that still want to back the game? I'm
sure if came out straight and said, " Sorry, guys the money's run out. Would you be so kind..." etc, a lot of people would jump at the chance to get their fingers
in the pie. Especially if they missed the Kickstarter.
"Music is enough for a whole lifetime--but a lifetime is not enough for music."--Sergei Rachmaninoff

Speaking of respect, I would have more 'respect' for your post - ignoring its inconsistencies and flawed logic - if it wasn't so clearly the product of an alternate account.
Same can be said about you my friend, the fact I registered to share my point of view does not make me an alternative acc poster. And before this post I was just as hopeful as anyone else. As I said in my post, I loved the game from the first mention, but now it just seems going for the iceberg.

So, no, it's not "clearly" product of alternative account, I just did not have reason to speak before. Joke with lack of respect is on you, then.

Allin wrote:
Speaking of respect, I would have more 'respect' for your post - ignoring its inconsistencies and flawed logic - if it wasn't so clearly the product of an alternate account.
Same can be said about you my friend, the fact I registered to share my point of view does not make me an alternative acc poster. And before this post I was just as hopeful as anyone else. As I said in my post, I loved the game from the first mention, but now it just seems going for the iceberg.

So, no, it's not "clearly" product of alternative account, I just did not have reason to speak before. Joke with lack of respect is on you, then.
Alameda wrote:Seriously. This project has been a massive disappointment. After 2+ years of nothing produced, not even a beta version, I'm ready to call it quits on this project. Kickstarter's policy states:

"If a creator is unable to complete their project and fulfill rewards, they've failed to live up to the basic obligations of this agreement. To right this they must make very reasonable effort to find another way of bringing the project to the best possible conclusion for backers. A creator in this position has only remedied the situation and met their obligations to backers if:

1. they post an update that explains what work has been done (which has not been done for the last 3 months), how funds were used (we have no idea), and what prevents them from finishing the project as planned (we also have no idea)
2. they work diligently and in good faith to bring the project to the best possible conclusion in a time frame that's communicated to backers (he was on top of this until January, where up until that point anyways it was pretty clear to me that he had no idea when this game would be finished)
3. they're able to demonstrate that they've used funds appropriately and made every reasonable effort to complete the project as promised
4. they've been honest, and have made no material misrepresentations in their communications to backers; and
5. they offer to return any remaining funds to backers who have not received their reward (in proportion to the amounts pledged), or else explain how those funds will be used to complete the project in some alternate form [/list]

I guess lesson learned to not give my money to a single developer team. I'm incredibly disappointed, and it seems that by the Kickstarter comments page, I'm not alone
Two names with the same opinion and both beginning with AL. If I go back 40 more pages will I find a trend?

(I rarely accuse people of using alternate accounts but I do think something is up.)

DWMagus wrote:So we're now accusing anyone who thinks the project has been abandoned or called it quits is the same person? Quick, where's ABH? I'm sure he's the same person too!

Seriously guys, that's uncalled for. People are allowed to share opinions.
I trust that you would know for a fact if someone is using an alternate account or not. I won't bring it up again.

Allin wrote:...
He's not coming back. What I think happened is - Kickstarter money run out, he has to support himself somehow so does not have time to develop anything.
Hi Allin,

Welcome on the forum!

From what we know of Josh from the past >2 years, this is extremely unlikely.
Any money-driven person would have accepted, as mentioned already above, all the money that people wanted to forcefully throw at him during the long development period. He did not. At all.
But you are entitled to your opinion, because at the end of the day, nobody knows....

[insert expletive] people! it got nice and quiet again in here, and at least a bit constructive but noooo.

someone had to come in and make a fuss over the same thing again.

no hard feelings Allin, you are fine to have and state your opinion, just bad timing (for my taste at least)
:D

be welcomed in here, hope you have fun when you are not stating the one opinion i'll not agree with ;)

Well, I obviously knew my opinion won't be left without some challenge - so no hard feelings. Maybe I'm just bit more skeptical than average bloke here, true, but I REALLY wish game dev best - and this is my second game on the wait list after No Man's Land and If I could I would gladly back it up with 50$ to get access to anything and I would do it now even with abandonware risk on the horizon - but still, however well you might know the dev, and however highly we might think of him my example still stands.

It's a friend who took money and at one point stopped calling. I would be fine with any statement like "difficult live situation, need time off", or "got a writer's block, need a rest" or anything at all.
5 seconds that would mean a lot for thousands of people. A gap between how it looks now and what it requires to solve it is so massive, it can not fall under "oh, forgot" kind of explanation. There's something obviously wrong, and not admitting that is borderline wishful thinking at best or straight-on blind zealotry at worst.

As for the nickname, my name is Alfred (Al) and my last name ends with "in" - that's also the way I play my games, hardcore or nothing, charge in, not camp. That's where it's from (also, you can find me on steam and BF3-4)

Online Now