Return to “General”

I want my money back

Seriously. This project has been a massive disappointment. After 2+ years of nothing produced, not even a beta version, I'm ready to call it quits on this project. Kickstarter's policy states:

"If a creator is unable to complete their project and fulfill rewards, they've failed to live up to the basic obligations of this agreement. To right this they must make very reasonable effort to find another way of bringing the project to the best possible conclusion for backers. A creator in this position has only remedied the situation and met their obligations to backers if:

1. they post an update that explains what work has been done (which has not been done for the last 3 months), how funds were used (we have no idea), and what prevents them from finishing the project as planned (we also have no idea)
2. they work diligently and in good faith to bring the project to the best possible conclusion in a time frame that's communicated to backers (he was on top of this until January, where up until that point anyways it was pretty clear to me that he had no idea when this game would be finished)
3. they're able to demonstrate that they've used funds appropriately and made every reasonable effort to complete the project as promised
4. they've been honest, and have made no material misrepresentations in their communications to backers; and
5. they offer to return any remaining funds to backers who have not received their reward (in proportion to the amounts pledged), or else explain how those funds will be used to complete the project in some alternate form [/list]

I guess lesson learned to not give my money to a single developer team. I'm incredibly disappointed, and it seems that by the Kickstarter comments page, I'm not alone
Re: I want my money back

The same terms say
The Estimated Delivery Date is the creator’s estimate. The date listed on each reward is the creator’s estimate of when they will provide the reward — not a guarantee to fulfill by that date. The schedule may change as the creator works on the project. We ask creators to think carefully, set a date they feel confident they can work toward, and communicate with backers about any changes.
Furthermore, Josh is still working on the game so the terms you quoted don't apply.

Lastly, if you want a refund you should mail Josh, not make angry posts on the forum.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Alameda wrote: 1. they post an update that explains what work has been done (which has not been done for the last 3 months), how funds were used (we have no idea), and what prevents them from finishing the project as planned (we also have no idea)
which he did daily for 2 years until the middle of january
do you cry at every indie developers forum when you dont hear anything for 3 months?
Alameda wrote: 2. they work diligently and in good faith to bring the project to the best possible conclusion in a time frame that's communicated to backers (he was on top of this until January, where up until that point anyways it was pretty clear to me that he had no idea when this game would be finished)
he worked to our knowledge very dilligently and in good faith
and he communicated the timeframe he thought he could do it, and when that frame changed he told us.

Alameda wrote: I guess lesson learned to not give my money to a single developer team. I'm incredibly disappointed, and it seems that by the Kickstarter comments page, I'm not alone
everyone following LT has been incredibly spoiled by the regular updates, now they all are in cold turkey mode and react completely disproportionally to the silence.

in which other indie game dev thats been silent for 3 months get you such panic as is currently happening with LT?
(i have a suspicion, its none)

Dinosawer wrote:Lastly, if you want a refund you should mail Josh, not make angry posts on the forum.
also this

edit:
Zero Gravitas wrote:This is what happens when a developer stops communicating with his kickstarter backers.
again, on which other indie game kickstarter do you get such panic after a few months of silence?

Cornflakes_91 wrote: again, on which other indie game kickstarter do you get such panic after a few months of silence?
I'm not in a panic, I'm stating a fact. I'm not asking for my money back, but there's gonna be a tsunami of people demanding it soon enough.
Experiencing a significant gravitas shortfall

Online Now