Return to “General”

Re: Comments and Criticisms regarding RTB and Post schedule

Zanteogo wrote:Lets be honest however, if tomorrow Josh returned with beta in hand and lifted his cone of silence that black eye would be forgotten pretty quick.

Not that I am making excuses for his actions. However, it COULD be a situation where the ends justify the means. I would still like to know why he can't take the 2 minutes to let us all know he's still alive however...
Not to answer for him, but tbh I'm actually starting to get the feeling he isn't actually looking at the forum at all. Meaning he might not even be aware of the tension he is causing in his silence. He hasn't logged in since the 10th, there has been speculation that he has other accounts to keep an eye on the forum with, I'm starting to doubt this premise. If he genuinely knew how things were going down I think he would respond. This pretense that he is aware and doesn't care just doesn't seem logical to me at all. So I'm inclined to say he just isn't looking at it. Even when he did login to the forum he might not actually be looking at those threads. So yeah.

Sadly, with that being said it'll be a pretty rude slap in the face when he does finally return and look through everything.
Re: How long more are you going to wait?

FWIW I've tried to contact rockpapershotgun, as they previously covered Limit Theory. I'm not sure whether they're gonna try to inquire about it, but maybe potential media coverage on a possible abandonment for Limit Theory moves Josh to give a brief statement on the progress or at the very least on his wellbeing.
You cannot not communicate.
Paul Watzlawick - 1st Axiom

charnode wrote:FWIW I've tried to contact rockpapershotgun, as they previously covered Limit Theory. I'm not sure whether they're gonna try to inquire about it, but maybe potential media coverage on a possible abandonment for Limit Theory moves Josh to give a brief statement on the progress or at the very least on his wellbeing.
Actually I think that will have exactly the opposite effect, and simply create more stress and more "bad press" that could potentially damage LT and Josh's reputation.

TGS wrote:
charnode wrote:FWIW I've tried to contact rockpapershotgun, as they previously covered Limit Theory. I'm not sure whether they're gonna try to inquire about it, but maybe potential media coverage on a possible abandonment for Limit Theory moves Josh to give a brief statement on the progress or at the very least on his wellbeing.
Actually I think that will have exactly the opposite effect, and simply create more stress and more "bad press" that could potentially damage LT and Josh's reputation.
To be honest, I don't agree with you on it. Especially since a brief "Hi, still workin gon it, kthxbai" would already suffice to stop the current "bad press".
You cannot not communicate.
Paul Watzlawick - 1st Axiom

charnode wrote:To be honest, I don't agree with you on it. Especially since a brief "Hi, still workin gon it, kthxbai" would already suffice to stop the current "bad press".
I agree, it very much would. But you are basically doing the exact same nonsense that others are engaging in by basically trying to strong arm or threaten Josh into posting by trying to give him and LT bad press until he chooses to come on and stop it. I agree completely that he's doing the wrong thing. But I don't agree that trying to force him to respond by giving him a "Respond or face bad press" ultimatum is appropriate either. If he does he does, if he doesn't he doesn't. Either way nothing is going to change. Even if he came on today and said "Yep I'm still here and still working" it hasn't changed anything other than reduce some peoples irrational fears. Yes, those fears are irrational. Because no rational sane person would assume that Josh has abandoned the project simply because he's gone dark. If you actually followed the project in the 6 months leading up to him doing this you'd have enough reason why he's done it to know that it doesn't mean anything.

TGS wrote:... Because no rational sane person would assume that Josh has abandoned the project simply because he's gone dark. If you actually followed the project in the 6 months leading up to him doing this you'd have enough reason why he's done it to know that it doesn't mean anything.
You forget the quite credible hypothesis of a burn out (after the unreasonable hours of work during 2 years), as well as the possible hypothesis of a devil's circle of perfectionist that thinks he needs an ever better and cooler message / dev update to compensate the silent time, which takes time and increase the bar again (this is also a sort of health problem hypothesis, and a condition that Josh already suffered from).
If both are wrong and he is still fit generally, then I agree that abandoning does not sound credible. But they are what worries me - for him, not for the risk of not having a game!

Why do you feel compelled to force Josh into doing something he may have good reasons for not doing? Seriously, you want to see an article about a, "possible abandonment," and create more drama, merely to satisfy your own need to hear something? Honestly, that sounds more like a threat or blackmail, just to get what you want. You might want to rethink that. I'm sure you mean no harm, but...
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Zanteogo wrote:
jasonbarron wrote:Well, for whatever it's worth, I really don't think Josh has run off the money or quit working on LT to become a circus clown or some such nonsense. I believe, in a "gut instinct" kind of way, that Josh has run into some snags with the development and it's just throwing him into a massive personal tailspin dealing with it. Yes, this dark-out is a PR black eye for him and seriously demoralizing for the rest of who care about the game, but I have yet to lose faith in the final LT vision.

Peace out, brothers and sisters :)
Lets be honest however, if tomorrow Josh returned with beta in hand and lifted his cone of silence that black eye would be forgotten pretty quick.

Not that I am making excuses for his actions. However, it COULD be a situation where the ends justify the means. I would still like to know why he can't take the 2 minutes to let us all know he's still alive however...
You can't just say "Oh hai! I haz beta!!!11 We good?!" Not to mention how insane it would be to just dump the beta without prepping the backers first.

holgerl wrote:I agree that making someone publish something about Josh's disappearence should be done EVENTUALLY if this lasts a couple more months. But I think it too early now. Not because the silence is acceptable, but simply because it would probably cause a BIG dent to LT and Josh's reputation.
I do believe a mod has asked for this type of conversation to end.

AbhChallenger wrote:You can't just say "Oh hai! I haz beta!!!11 We good?!" Not to mention how insane it would be to just dump the beta without prepping the backers first.
Why not? Does he need to wine and dine you first? Beg for your forgiveness? You do realize that most of us are here for the game. And are not here for Josh or his amazing personality. Which is to say that most of us probably aren't taking this personally. We aren't putting a black mark next to his name and swearing him and LT off because that's just silly. If you wish to boycott him/LT by all means go for it, but if you wish to do that why continue to post here? Why even give Josh, LT or this community your precious time?

Online Now