Return to “General”

Re: Comments and Criticisms regarding RTB and Post schedule

Cornflakes_91 wrote:knee jerk reaction is jerky.

its been less than 2 months since the last word of josh.

which other indie project can seriously be considered abandoned after such a time period?
We've been through this - any indie project that is over a year late and has the creator say that they're going to have weekly updates, and then stop after two of them; all of those count.
--
Mind The Gap

This place has, and always will be in support of Limit Theory--even in the criticism that it receives.

When people start talking about legal ramifications of getting their money back and making sure the creator doesn't work in the industry ever again, that is best served elsewhere. Feel free to create www.JoshHasFailedUs.com or similar if you want to have your own community, or even post on the kickstarter comments if you wish. However, that sort of thing does not belong here and won't be tolerated.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Ringu wrote:over a year late
while getting daily and monthly updates for that year late.

so impossible to be considered "abandoned" or anything else.
Especially when visual progress can be easily shown in those updates. Look at the last video and compare it to the RTB updates. I think it's difficult to suggest that no progress was made.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Ringu wrote:over a year late
while getting daily and monthly updates for that year late.

so impossible to be considered "abandoned" or anything else.
There is no evidence that Josh has abandoned Limit Theory, there is also no evidence that hasn't either.

It's just more likely that he continues to work in silence based on what we know of Josh, and what we have seen over the last two years.

To be fair to Ringu, it would only take 2 minutes of Josh's time to pretty much clear up all this confusion. The fact that he can't be bothered is certainly concerning. It makes people speculate.
My Signature

DWMagus wrote:This place has, and always will be in support of Limit Theory--even in the criticism that it receives.

When people start talking about legal ramifications of getting their money back and making sure the creator doesn't work in the industry ever again, that is best served elsewhere. Feel free to create http://www.JoshHasFailedUs.com or similar if you want to have your own community, or even post on the kickstarter comments if you wish. However, that sort of thing does not belong here and won't be tolerated.
That should obviously be http://JoshHasFailed.us :mrgreen:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

DWMagus wrote:This place has, and always will be in support of Limit Theory--even in the criticism that it receives.

When people start talking about legal ramifications of getting their money back and making sure the creator doesn't work in the industry ever again, that is best served elsewhere. Feel free to create http://www.JoshHasFailedUs.com or similar if you want to have your own community, or even post on the kickstarter comments if you wish. However, that sort of thing does not belong here and won't be tolerated.
You know I am among the critics of Josh. I publicly questioned his professionalism, if not his talent.
But I fully support this policy.

Asking for a refund may be acceptable, even if it shows that the founder had no realistic expectations when funding such a project. I was always aware that the probability of delivery is significantly lower than 1. Anybody with a bit of knowledge in programming or in the game industry would know that as well.

But trying to block the future of a talented young man because of a silence of two months (which may have an explanation without guilt even) is clearly mean and over the border - immature, even. The good news? this same immaturity probably means that the person has not this kind of influence over the industry, so that is just empty word...

PS: both links do not work. not yet disappointed enough? :lol:

At worst LT is 1 year late, at best LT has until the end of next month to be released in "early 2015". While the silence tells us nothing about what is going on behind the scenes if you look at Josh's track record I believe it is safe to say that Josh will be working on Limit Theory until he is satisfied with the game or has hit this last deadline.

In the end none of these conversations really matter. We will either have LT or we won't. At worst a community of people have been scammed $180,000 dollars. At best a community supported one man's dream to make an innovative space game that could have changed the industry standard.

Those are the scenarios if LT doesn't get released.

BFett wrote:At worst LT is 1 year late, at best LT has until the end of next month to be released in "early 2015". While the silence tells us nothing about what is going on behind the scenes if you look at Josh's track record I believe it is safe to say that Josh will be working on Limit Theory until he is satisfied with the game or has hit this last deadline.

In the end none of these conversations really matter. We will either have LT or we won't. At worst a community of people have been scammed $180,000 dollars. At best a community supported one man's dream to make an innovative space game that could have changed the industry standard.

Those are the scenarios if LT doesn't get released.
You're forgetting the "backers sue Josh for not releasing LT." I don't personally agree with them, but if the game never is released, then it's certainly within their right to sue him: after all, some people backed a lot of money into this.

That said, we won't have to worry about any of these, because the game is going to released sometime before the summer. (Just pretend I know what I'm talking about, ok? ;) :monkey: )
You have disobeyed God. Now you must pay the consequence.
[/i]

Please allow me to point out a few relevant facts about Josh and communication.

It has been 820 days since Josh Parnell successfully funded Limit Theory on Kickstarter. The last post that Josh did on this forum was approximately 50 days ago on February 1. He posted in those 770 days 3684 posts. Accordingly, he had been posting almost five posts a day for over two years!

He has now been radio silent for only 6% of the development time in total. 6% is not that much time! It only seems that he has been absent a very long time because Josh devoted so much time to communication - most people would have been satisfied with a dev who posted once a day. We had a dev who posted five times that regularly.

Moreover, have you checked his profile? He was last on this forum on March 9 at 2:22 pm. He did not post anything, but he does seem to be keeping track of things.

While I do agree that he should have more explicitly outlined his communication strategy, I am not worried about Josh abandoning the project and pocketing the money. I would be worried if I hear nothing after an additional 150 days. At that point Josh would have been radio silent for months with nothing to show for it. I hope this post gives some perspective to people who are already contemplating legal action.
The short question: "What is truth?"
The short answer: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Ringu wrote:I plan to go out of my way in my large circle of development colleagues...
Somehow I doubt this. Why? I'M a developer, and let me tell you, I've easily spent two months with an entire TEAM of people just getting REQUIREMENTS for a programming project that wasn't anywhere NEAR the size and scope of LT.

If you truly have a "large circle" of dev friends, you should talk to them a bit more about what kind of timelines are legit for something to even be considered "behind", never mind abandoned.

I don't like Josh's silence either, but that's because I miss reading his Dev Log every day, not because I think he's taken the money and run. If he's out to bilk people, he's taken a very circuitous route, don't you think? With Dev Logs and videos and a few hundred thousand lines of code? Don't you think he would've skimped a little bit more on the elaborate rouse?

Seriously, we're all a little sad that Josh hasn't communicated, but I think empty threats aren't the way to go, mate.

Online Now