Return to “General”

Re: Speculations about Josh disappearance (poll)

Sirkib wrote:I had never read the old daily devlogs. So I am reading through them now.
It's so interesting to see the bones of the game come together now that I have seen a much more advanced version of the game visually.

I don't remember which of you posted the PDF version of the logs, but thank you :D

I think that was Bfett that made the logs.
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Poet1960 wrote:
Sirkib wrote:I had never read the old daily devlogs. So I am reading through them now.
It's so interesting to see the bones of the game come together now that I have seen a much more advanced version of the game visually.

I don't remember which of you posted the PDF version of the logs, but thank you :D

Oh yes, of course. The name is IN the PDF. Whoops :D

Sirkib wrote:
Poet1960 wrote:

I probably should have included my name in the 2014 DevLog document but I left it off and just started it with the January DevLogs. Oh well.

Edit: If we don't hear from Josh in the next 3 days I'll be making the 2015 DevLogs and RTB posts available.
Re: Comments and Criticisms regarding RTB and Post schedule

Flatfingers wrote:
Scytale wrote:Look, I know people suck. That's the whole point! My question is, are you going to be as horrible as the mob, or are you going to work to be better?
Anyone looking for a practical philosophy to living life as a good human being surrounded by other humans -- in a game forum or generally -- can find it quoted above.

Nicely said, Scytale.

That's nice and all, but let's put it into the context of what it was used for. There are a couple of ways of looking at it. The discussion was about the publics reaction to stillbirths marketing and release. That angry mob did not just suddenly wake up one day and decide to bash the game, they reacted to a situation that they had no control over. It isn't their fault egosoft messed up, that is solely on egos head.

So yeah, as a general rule, try to be nice, but that can go too far, I mean really, if someone defrauds you, and you get angry, you are justifiably angry, it isn't just some whim of yours. So there is a difference between being a random angry mob, and a justifiably angry mob. If a thief is caught by the people he robbed, explain to me how you are going to, "work to be better." The mob isn't at fault, the thief is.
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Sirkib wrote:
Poet1960 wrote:

Mate I can't not keep noticing how cool your profile pic is.
Re: Comments and Criticisms regarding RTB and Post schedule

Poet, you're talking as though objective, visible injury to a person and someone saying something you don't like in a game forum are functionally equivalent. They aren't.

Ignoring their contexts and treating these behaviors as though they are identical insures bad results for both.

Yes, I endorse taking action against actual harm. That's not the case here. Setting a more constructive tone in a forum starts with the individual -- if you don't like a fire, stop throwing gasoline on it and demonstrate the better behavior you want to see.

All of which is just one person's opinion with zero force behind it, of course. And I don't pretend to be perfect at it myself.

Online Now