Return to “General”

Re: Speculations about Josh disappearance (poll)

Josh could come and say the game will come out in 5 years from now and I'd be okay with it. Josh has communicated with the community and always has a positive attitude towards things, he welcomes new people to the forum and participates in conversation on the main forums and even in the off topic. I think people miss Josh because he became a friend to people here, and they are concerned for his well being. We all know Limit Theory will be awesome when it does come out and the time required for that isn't a problem for many/anyone. I think the people that are freaking out are just concerned about a friend they haven't been able to contact in a month.

I don't think people are throwing a fit because they aren't getting news or updates. It's a matter of what they came to know as the norm, instantly and suddenly flipping a 180 and changed. Sudden, abrupt, and without warning. People wouldn't be reacting at all if Josh was the sort to only post things here and there, or only give an update once every month or two.

Not sure what happened to Josh...I don't mind not having daily updates (or even weekly/monthly). What bothers me most is this is completely and utterly out of character for Josh. I think what's worrying people isn't the fact he hasn't said anything, but rather it seems so unlike him. Josh is a very smart guy, and there's no way in the world he isn't aware that his sudden and unexpected silence wouldn't cause a negative stir. Doesn't make any sense to me. The community is by and large amazing, and 90% of us here wouldn't have given it a second thought if he simply said "Hey guys, I'm going to bury myself in work for a month or two and going radio silent during that time! Don't panic!"

It's the fact we know he knows this, and hasn't bothered to give us a two sentence warning or heads up that is very concerning to me. I've never met a developer as passionate about their project as Josh. He definitely knows even the slightest unexpected deviation from his normal behavior would cause a negative stir about LT.

So...freak out that an indie project haven't given us an update all month? Nah. Happens all the time. Freak out because Josh (because he's Josh) disappears without a word? Yeah. I haven't been on since late Dec, and was utterly shocked to find Josh disappeared. So so so unlike him. Hope all is well (and I don't mean with just the game).

NOW...all that said, there is this (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4065&start=180#p87747) That to me doesnt' sound as "ambiguous" as people are making it out to be. Seems pretty clear that he's saying he is completely shut off to the outside world and only LT is existing at the moment. So while this would have been better served as his last Dev Log post, it's still a not so subtle post about dev logs and updates taking a back seat right now.

I agree with Vandrick as far as people freaking out because Josh has changed his social image( for the time being). However, I am confident that everything with Josh and the game is okay.

I mean, he had enough guts to start a game singlehandedly and give detailed updates on its progress for almost three years. That's a lot of stress to work with, and I doubt that he would finally crack now
after all the progress he has made. I'm convinced, as many others have stated, he is working on something big and we'll all have a huge "Oh, okay I understand" when he comes back.
Re: The Road to the Beta Series!

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
gruntilda651 wrote:I've heard nothing from Josh's family to indicate a major problem. My belief is that he's totally focused on finishing his effort. Going incommunicado might be a poor approach but we all have personality quirks.

Thank you :wave:
I have been waiting for someone to post, that seems to have access to Josh's family.I have seriously been thinking he fell down the stairs going to the coding cave and was comatized or worse .

This is good to see.

Well I have no invested anything so I have not lost anything, so I am signing off, this silence is enough. Even if Beta is release tomorrow still only a handful of players will be allowed to see it, so for the rest is still a long ways away to even see the beta. So goodbye to all and to the loyal ones good luck.

Kambalo wrote:Well I have no invested anything so I have not lost anything, so I am signing off, this silence is enough. Even if Beta is release tomorrow still only a handful of players will be allowed to see it, so for the rest is still a long ways away to even see the beta. So goodbye to all and to the loyal ones good luck.
The sky is always darkest just before sunrise...

Farewell...

Mistycica wrote:
gchapyzh wrote:
Putin matches.
my reaction when I first read this:
Just for that, you have my undying love. :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

gchapyzh wrote:
Zanteogo wrote:I spoke to president Obama yesterday, he assured me that Josh is alright.
The response of Putin matches.
Furthermore, I spoke to Josh's mailman, and he gave me reinsurances that Josh is still alive and working on Limit Theory.

Being that I am "some guy on the internet", it has to be true.
My Signature

Vandrick wrote:(viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4065&start=180#p87747) That to me doesnt' sound as "ambiguous" as people are making it out to be. Seems pretty clear that he's saying he is completely shut off to the outside world and only LT is existing at the moment. So while this would have been better served as his last Dev Log post, it's still a not so subtle post about dev logs and updates taking a back seat right now.
I had missed this post and I agree this can be interpreted as Josh telling us he is going to disappear for awhile.

Online Now