Return to “General”

Re: Speculations about Josh disappearance (poll)

Let's face it - constant communication for years, then not a single sign of life for weeks? 99% of the time it's the sign of a dev abandoning the project or having a nervous breakdown. I can only speculate about Josh, but this does not seem like him - a single "Hey guys, wait until the end of February for a big update!" would solve the entire problem.

Either something happened to Josh, he's having a breakdown or he's purposefully not communicating. I'm not mad about it, I didn't back the project, but it's bad community management.

Josh should get someone, anyone to manage community if he doesn't want to or can't.

To be honest, the updates, both in text form and through Youtube videos, have been very important for a lot of us, even somehow more important than the game itself, to the point that if there were no game the experience of witnessing its development alone would have been more than worth of our time, so it's completely understandable to feel bad about its absence. However, once the game release had to be delayed I thought that would no longer be further updates, but oddly enough -and happily enough- we continued having them. But if Josh now decides that it's time to stop the updates, so be it.

Nevertheless, I think he should clarify these things eventually, here and in the Kickstarter page.

PS: My personal theory about his "disappearance" it's that he has something big and interesting to show us all, and he is relentlessly working to make it perfect. I don't know if it is a bigger RTB, video or the Beta itself (this last one a little naive I'm afraid), but something, and he doesn't want to reveal anything until it's done. At least that's what I would like to believe.
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Etsu wrote:To be honest, the updates, both in text form and through Youtube videos, have been very important for a lot of us, even somehow more important than the game itself, to the point that if there were no game the experience of witnessing its development alone would have been more than worth of our time, so it's completely understandable to feel bad about its absence. However, once the game release had to be delayed I thought that would no longer be further updates, but oddly enough -and happily enough- we continued having them. But if Josh now decides that it's time to stop the updates, so be it.

Nevertheless, I think he should clarify these things eventually, here and in the Kickstarter page.

PS: My personal theory about his "disappearance" it's that he has something big and interesting to show us all, and he is relentlessly working to make it perfect. I don't know if it is a bigger RTB, video or the Beta itself (this last one a little naive I'm afraid), but something, and he doesn't want to reveal anything until it's done. At least that's what I would like to believe.
Preach it! :squirrel: :shh:
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Online Now