Return to “General”

Re: The Road to the Beta Series!

gchapyzh wrote:Before anyone writes one more word on this thread, think: what does Josh think when he reads all this?
You know, that might be why Josh hasn't said anything on here for a while.

Josh:*Pops in to read all of the constructive posts that must have been piling up. Sees whats actually going on. Backs away slowly.*

:ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Idunno wrote:
gchapyzh wrote:Before anyone writes one more word on this thread, think: what does Josh think when he reads all this?

Josh:*Pops in to read all of the constructive posts that must have been piling up. Sees whats actually going on. Backs away slowly.*

There is one saving, to save them all: PRESS F5

gchapyzh wrote:
Idunno wrote:

There is one saving, to save them all: PRESS F5

press f5 all day and you'll only get a couple random posts of frustration.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."
- Bjarne Stroustrup

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems."
- Paul Erdos (1913-1996)

Jacobi1981 wrote:press f5 all day and you'll only get a couple random posts of frustration.
That explains a lot about how my day goes. :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Yeah, seriously though, if Josh hadn't given that Feb 1 update, I would have asked for one of you guys to go check on him.

(Because -- you never know -- he could have asked his family and friends to stay away while he completes his project privately, and statistically most accidents occur in the home.)

Also, lack of sleep can actually cause all kinds of serious problems, sometimes permanently, including heart problems of all kinds, anxiety, stroke risks, emotional imbalances (highs and lows), diabetes risk increases, depression, and plenty of later life problems (brain aging, increased Alzheimer's protein levels), etc. So I think it was fair for people to have some concern. (If Josh forgets what LT is, we know why!)

Of course, there's always the possibility that someone like Josh could be aggressively sought after by any number of software houses, particularly contractors, but even under an extreme example of that (Pentagon says earth will explode unless they get Josh to render them a water universe), he still wouldn't leave LT. The man is LT at this point, they're fairly indistinguishable. (Did someone else just say that? Did Josh? Sorry; easy to repeat axioms!)

However:

Maybe we should have a designated someone (an Elder?) who could do a call-in on him in the rare instance that Josh were to miss, say, a couple of months or something. Well, I guess that might be a little late! :ghost: Maybe on a basis that Josh could deal with? Or does this already happen?

Thoughts?

Tombs is our go-to guy. He isn't worried though from what I have read. Josh is fine as far as we should be concerned. Nothing we can do either way(Except the elder council people most likely), so I say us peons can go back to theorycrafting in the basements.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Charley_Deallus wrote:Tombs is our go-to guy. He isn't worried though from what I have read. Josh is fine as far as we should be concerned. Nothing we can do either way(Except the elder council people most likely), so I say us peons can go back to theorycrafting in the basements.
You know, with my headcannon, Fresh V's last name fits. :lol:

And yes, he should be able to help us, what with his massive information network made up of the women that he picked up on one of his daily walks.

Just one walk, though. Any more, and V becomes nearly omniscient. :ghost:

Online Now