Return to “General”

A few questions

Before asking my question i'll like to thank Josh for this amazing game you're making because this is a game i only imagined in my dreams so really keep on this incredible work of you're ;) .
But i have a few questions about this game so here goes:
- First i'll like to know if you and a big fleet fire enough at a planet would it actually and properly explod :twisted: ?
- Then in the faction gameplay will you be able to negociate military alliances or the creation of a neutral zone between your territory and another faction's one?
- After a war between two factions will there be terms of surrender like acquire the control of a planet etc...?
- Finally will there be random anomalies that encounter your exploration? Plus, will you have a crew in your ship that you will have to take care of like having enough food or a proper doctor to cure them after a battle?

thanks for answering :D .
Re: A few questions

A lot of these are tough questions to answer. The game is still young and all we can really do is speculate, and my answers are just that, a speculation. Keep in mind that a lot can happen a year from now.

- First i'll like to know if you and a big fleet fire enough at a planet would it actually and properly explod :twisted: ?

For the level of immersion it sounds like Josh is trying to put into the game, that won't be possible. It would take a lot of energy to make a giant rock explode. Now if he decides to open the game up for modding.... I'm sure you can expect a Death Star or two to show up. Also who knows what crazy things he may do while testing the game, we know he doesn't like asteroids.

- Then in the faction gameplay will you be able to negociate military alliances or the creation of a neutral zone between your territory and another faction's one?

I think you may be mistaking a faction for an empire. The factions we're going to see on release are probably going to be something along the lines of a powerful organization (like a corporation, a group, conglomerate, or guild). Josh has hinted to that on the kickstarter page (update #8). However, two organizations trying to maximize prophets may find a partner in each other. Protecting prosperous trade routes and ore rich asteroids may be difficult for one group alone. Now for the other part of your question, territory is probably going to be confined to the stations and planets each group owns. I'm not sure if Josh is going to put in an economic zone, where any other faction doing business in or around that station or planet has to pay taxes to the owning faction. That's about the only real "territory" I see us getting.

- After a war between two factions will there be terms of surrender like acquire the control of a planet etc...?

Just as two organizations can partner up to maximize profits, so too can the same organizations see benefit in eliminating another, or just ruining their day with acts of sabotage. As far as how the AI will be able to react to this, I really can't say. The sky is the limit right now.

- Finally will there be random anomalies that encounter your exploration? Plus, will you have a crew in your ship that you will have to take care of like having enough food or a proper doctor to cure them after a battle?

I really hope there will be some random anomalies, that is if you mean things like nebulae and hidden events. I'm sure Josh plans to put in some sort of reward for exploration, besides just opening up more of the universe. As far as crews, I can see something like that happening, maybe not to the depth you mentioned though. To much management of them might start to feel like a chore after awhile, instead of something fun. Although having something would be nice. Nothing would be lonelier than flying a massive carrier threw space all by yourself.

Online Now