Return to “General”

steam release and steam sale

Many of the games I backed on kickstarter went on sale in Greenlit/beta status, kinda funny when you spend a considerable amount of money on a game to see it on sale for $5 before it's even released.

When LT joins the world of steam, can we expect a discounted beta?, what limits *ahem* if any will be put on steam discount prices?.
Re: steam release and steam sale

Why should there be any.. I backed a project, not a product. I didn't pre-order any of the games that are now on Steam and being sold for less than I backed them for and I'm not concerned by that. Once the project becomes a commercial product, I am happy for it to have been able to be completed. If I and others had not backed it for in some cases way more than it gets sold for later, then it would not have ever become an actual commercial product in the first place. Preorders has never been what KS has been about.

From FAQ viewtopic.php?p=5470&f=11#p5470
There is going to be no release for an alpha, but there will be one for the beta. As it stands right now, there is no release date specified for the beta, just simple When it's ready. When Josh has updated this information you can be assured that it will be communicated out. Until then, don't ask, as even Josh doesn't know.
So you should not expect a beta (greenlit games are not automatically beta releases, its just a community voted game).

light487 wrote:Why should there be any.. I backed a project, not a product. I didn't pre-order any of the games that are now on Steam and being sold for less than I backed them for and I'm not concerned by that. Once the project becomes a commercial product, I am happy for it to have been able to be completed. If I and others had not backed it for in some cases way more than it gets sold for later, then it would not have ever become an actual commercial product in the first place. Preorders has never been what KS has been about.
:thumbup: :clap:

That's what true crowdfunding is all about. I don't care what a finished product sells for on Steam or anywhere else. If Josh delivers the game he encouraged me to support during KS I will happily see it sell for whatever he feels is justified. He continues to work on the project I backed and demonstrates this with every update. I only wish that Frontier Developments had been as committed to their word as Josh has been to his. :angel:

Otas Elite wrote:From FAQ viewtopic.php?p=5470&f=11#p5470
There is going to be no release for an alpha, but there will be one for the beta. As it stands right now, there is no release date specified for the beta, just simple When it's ready. When Josh has updated this information you can be assured that it will be communicated out. Until then, don't ask, as even Josh doesn't know.
So you should not expect a beta (greenlit games are not automatically beta releases, its just a community voted game).
The last official date for beta release was actually right now. (December 2014)
My Signature

light487 wrote:Why should there be any.. I backed a project, not a product. I didn't pre-order any of the games that are now on Steam and being sold for less than I backed them for and I'm not concerned by that. Once the project becomes a commercial product, I am happy for it to have been able to be completed. If I and others had not backed it for in some cases way more than it gets sold for later, then it would not have ever become an actual commercial product in the first place. Preorders has never been what KS has been about.
Very true, alas most of the projects I have backed have been a bit lacklustre. It's great giving life to new projects, it's just a shame most don't live up to the initial idea or are completely reworked into something quite appalling, I'm looking at you Godus :problem:

I'm not sure how close to beta-level LT is at the moment, but I wouldn't want to slam any undue pressure onto Josh at this time of the year. Even though I am not a beta backer, I feel that those people would be happier if Josh was happy with it when he decides to go Beta on it.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Charley_Deallus wrote:I'm not sure how close to beta-level LT is at the moment, but I wouldn't want to slam any undue pressure onto Josh at this time of the year. Even though I am not a beta backer, I feel that those people would be happier if Josh was happy with it when he decides to go Beta on it.
I'm sure they would be. But let's see if Josh does manage it. If he doesn't, I'd hate for us to glide past the projected release date without a word from him.

Online Now