Return to “General”

Am I alone...

... in wanting to wait until after the planetary and faction ownership additions before really playing? I think that maybe waiting until those additions, as well as the early mods which come out, will lead to a better first impression, and an richer experience overall. Does anyone else feel this way? is anyone else considering holding off on playing until the post release content is included?
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can
Re: Am I alone...

Those things won't be in 1.0?
"The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time." —Tom Cargill

I considered not playing until certain mods were available, I believe that I mentioned this in another post somewhere on the forums, but now I am not so sure. I think that I may just get it and get in, I really want to play LT and why not play from the start and watch as the game develops further as you play. If you really want to play a different way or explore a different way of progression after a certain update then you could always just start a new game.
Perhaps we've never been visited by aliens because they have looked upon Earth and decided there's no sign of intelligent life.
-Neil deGrasse Tyson

There seems to be to loads of content ready for enjoying on release kinda weird leaving a game until certain content is implemented, each to their own.

I shall be a humble minor, slowly building up my cash reserves until I can afford a small squadron of fighters to protect myself and pick off evil pirates to plunder their booty (hmm, sounds kinda wrong). Slowly my empire will grow as I create small squads in various systems to fuel my exploration of the great unkown.

Really interested on what kind of restrictions will be in place when it comes to amount of ships which can be 'controlled' and over how many systems, beta can't some fast enough.

I have to admit I will play as soon as I can, but limitless empire building is my prime interest in LT. I really hope it will not be glossed over (though I have no reason to believe it will be, other than the overall time it might take to implement); I really think LT would be incomplete with out it.

strolva wrote:There seems to be to loads of content ready for enjoying on release kinda weird leaving a game until certain content is implemented, each to their own.

I shall be a humble minor, slowly building up my cash reserves until I can afford a small squadron of fighters to protect myself and pick off evil pirates to plunder their booty (hmm, sounds kinda wrong). Slowly my empire will grow as I create small squads in various systems to fuel my exploration of the great unkown.

Really interested on what kind of restrictions will be in place when it comes to amount of ships which can be 'controlled' and over how many systems, beta can't some fast enough.
While I on the other hand plan on starting a small band of pirates. :lol:
"A sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
- Arthur C. Clarke

I'm just going to get it and play ;)

Who knows how busy I may get in the future - if I have time to play LT when it comes out I will definitely do so - planning to be one of those games I play until old age (TFC/Eagle Dynamics/DCS flight sims being one of the others!) :mrgreen:

Fortunately, since it's a single-player game - Hyperion waiting until certain features appear is entirely their busines and I will at least admire the strength it will take to ignore all the fun everyone else may be having and posting about :)

I'm gonna beta is so hard :D Really hoping research is gonna be fun and well-layered, I'm looking for the whole faction-owner/fun progress side in the game, and the old model of r&d is just too generic RNG+1 for me. Anything atop that is just candy c:
panic

Online Now