Return to “General”

Re: The November 2014 Devlog Discussion Thread

Hyperion wrote:Omniview sounds great, the UI seems to be in excellent shape.

but...

I for one would like to see gameplay take the priority in December. I really want to see a full production/construction process that can take raw materials out of the universe, refine and process them into components, combine those components into ships and stations and modules and colony infrastructure... I want to see the players of LT begin to actually feed upon and digest their static surroundings, converting them into useful things for their own ends.
Well until we've seen the video, Hyperion, it's hard to know what is in store for us. I've no doubt there will be surprises. ;) :angel:

but...

I for one would like to see gameplay take the priority in December. I really want to see a full production/construction process that can take raw materials out of the universe, refine and process them into components, combine those components into ships and stations and modules and colony infrastructure... I want to see the players of LT begin to actually feed upon and digest their static surroundings, converting them into useful things for their own ends.
Agreed. I want to see what we will actually be doing in the game. As awesome as learning about the functions of LTSL is and other tidbits of info about how the engine works is, I really want to see the game being played and what will be fun about the actual gameplay part of it.

but...

Me too :) I'm very eager to see it all come together :thumbup:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JoshParnell wrote:

but...

Me too :) I'm very eager to see it all come together :thumbup:

Nono Josh. Have you learned nothing from the Internetz?

You are supposed to say "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!"

but...

Absolutely seconded. Gameplay features seem to be on a constant backburner here, despite every month now being about 'content' D:

Now excuse me while I sink hours into Aurora and wishful thinking :)
panic

Kinda funny how much content you lose track of while anticipating the next update. I really enjoy the bi/monthly updates but it's all good stuff, I would like to see a video with everything so far in context but it would take so much time.

Beta is going to be great for LT, will be nice for peeps to share what has been created and actually go into greater detail than josh has time for.

LT has come a long way in 2 years, can't wait to dive in and explore this grand universe and see how others enjoy and perceive the game.

I'm looking forward to seeing gameplay mechanics in action.

And I can appreciate the infrastructure.

But the moment I pump my fist in the air and shout "Yeah!" will be when Josh shows us a star system teeming with activity... then pulls back to reveal it's just one of many, systems connected to systems, with traffic of many kinds flowing between systems and even entire sectors, a universe alive with trade and combat and exploration and all the other modes of play described in the Kickstarter two years ago.

I know it's coming. I'll be ready. :)

I understand guys...we're all dying for a game. As am I. The road to gameplay was paved with many demons :ghost: I've spent a lot of time trying to rationalize the route taken (despite the fact that there were no doubt many mistakes made along the way).

But these days, instead of rationalizing it all, I think it seems more appropriate to just remind everyone: I was the first one who wanted to see gameplay, and that's what started this whole quest. A gamer searching for a space game that he really wanted, not a coder trying to see how many technical feats he could pull off, nor a producer wondering how much cash a new space sim could rake in. At the end of the day, it's still the vision of an infinite, living universe that keeps me going. Hopefully that perspective is a bit reassuring, if nothing else :)
Flatfingers wrote:But the moment I pump my fist in the air and shout "Yeah!" will be when Josh shows us a star system teeming with activity... then pulls back to reveal it's just one of many, systems connected to systems, with traffic of many kinds flowing between systems and even entire sectors, a universe alive with trade and combat and exploration and all the other modes of play described in the Kickstarter two years ago.

I know it's coming. I'll be ready. :)
All I can say is...yes, me too :) It will be a very special moment when we can lay our eyes on the screen and appreciate that the KS vision has been fulfilled.
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Online Now