Return to “General”

Re: Youtube got 60 fps!

eh, I would have to see a side by side version to notice the difference... just looks like a video to me.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Dinosawer wrote:
Hyperion wrote:eh, I would have to see a side by side version to notice the difference... just looks like a video to me.
Are you sure you're using chrome? The difference is super obvious...
This. I could not believe how obvious it was. And I went in thinking I would've to squint to notice the difference like those ps3/xbox 360 comparison videos.

Dinosawer wrote:
Hyperion wrote:eh, I would have to see a side by side version to notice the difference... just looks like a video to me.
Mhm I'm sure. It's probably me.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Hyperion wrote:
Dinosawer wrote:
Mhm I'm sure. It's probably me.
Well, there's always http://30vs60.com or http://www.30vs60fps.com
Or maybe you have a 30 Hz monitor ;)
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Yes, there is SOME difference, particularly when you create situations where it is supposed to show the differences. (in the above examples, fire and spinning really fast are such situations)

However, for myself anyways, I can't tell much difference between 45 and 60. (the above examples where 30 and 60)

50 to 60, nothing at all, or such a small slight difference it might as well make zero.

In fact, if I get the option in games I usually limit the frames to 50. No point to creating screens that I can't see....
My Signature

Talvieno wrote:I'm probably the only naysayer here... but that's just because my connection is slow enough that if I want to watch it without letting it preload, I already have to set it down to 360p. I imagine that 60 fps would increase the load time somewhat.
It would double it.

I use firefox's video capture thingy and download the video at the highest quality, and watch it when it completes. Nothing worse than having your connection take a dive half way and have a video that pauses every 8 seconds...
Last edited by Zanteogo on Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Signature

Online Now