51) Will there be a way to fool our opponent's sensors with false sensor readings? (ie if the Scanner can pick up specific signals and identify them as this or that, could you make your opponent think you were something else, like say a space station compared to a freighter?)
Hopefully, the current sensor system implementation suggests like it would be possible.
52) Will there be Jamming equipment to prevent the use of Missiles and/or scanners or communications equipment?
Nothing definite by josh, hopefully
53) Can we "accidently" warp-frag enemies or allies when coming out of warp? (think "tele-fragging" in First Person Shooters)
I think no, because it would be a random, frustrating death for the player.
54) Will there be mini-jump drive equipment that will allow us to make short-ranged jumps (ie the Riker Maneuver) and cover great distances quickly?
You can use your normal jumpdrive that way, but it would likely be a big waste of energy
55) Will ships need to charge up their jump drives / warp drives (or w/e they are called) before they can use them?
You can use them with your whole reactor output, but thats likely not enough to generate a wormhole big enough for yourself.
So you need capacitors to temporarily increase your energy output to jump.
And those capacitors need to be charged.
56) If Asteroids could be destroyed, do you think one could bore a hole through an asteroid and use it as a tunnel?
No real time mesh deforming
57) Can we hack into enemy missiles and turn them against the one who originally shot them?
58) Can we hack into enemy ships in general? (ie take control of a ship that isn't ours)
very unlikely and unlikely.
59) Can we mask our identity of our ship to make it seem like we are an ally of a faction when in fact we are an enemy (very useful if pirating)
I'd enjoy that, but from what we know right now no.
some post on that
sensor knowledge and suggestions
60) Will there be a black market for stolen goods acquired via pirating?
Thats a normal market, jusz one where stolen goods get sold
61) Can we fly into a star and blow up or will we not be able to get close to a star?
62) Can we get cooked by a star (if we can visit one) if we get too close to it?
63) Can we fly into a planet and blow up, or we will automatically land at the nearest base?
Your ship will get damage and will explode
64) Will starship carriers exist in this game?
They already do
65) Can a starbase launch fighters to defend itself?
you can dock to stations, why should the station not be able to lauch fighters?
66) Can a starbase call for help, meaning that it will get reinforcements?
67) Can a starbase build fighters on the fly?
Where should ships come from else
68) Will we be able to hide near a magnetic pole of a planet thus hiding us from sensors?
Nope, but nice idea
69) Will we be able to hide near a star thus hiding us from sensors?
70) Can we drain the energy supplies from other ships?
71) Can we teleport resources off of another ship (ie pirating a freighter)
Maybe with a transfer beam