Return to “General”

Re: PR for Limit Theory

Talvieno wrote:We're getting some interesting feedback from Bay12. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.ph ... ;topicseen
I'm enjoying that that poster (who seems reasonable and thoughtful) said just today:
He's saying stuff like 'I don't need to build lots of ships, I can just generate 1000s of them!' and while that sounds good, I have a feeling it'll end up just being thousands of similar shaped rectangles with slightly different configurations.
This being the exact day that Josh said:
[color=#BF0000]JoshParnell[/color] wrote:we've basically got three types of operations to think about: plates, transformations, and hierarchy. We need to make it easy to add / move / scale / rotate plates within any given PlateMesh node. We need to make it easy to add / move / change the properties of the transformations that are applied to any given PlateMesh node. Finally, we need to make it easy to change the connectivity of nodes - to add one as a child of another, or to break a node off of its parent.
Timing, as they say, is everything. :thumbup:

Actually, I understand the author's larger point was at a higher level: how can proceduralism produce not just good-looking objects, but enjoyably non-repetitive (and non-bizarre) dynamic gameplay content?

It's a fair question... which deserves its own thread. ;)

Back to PR for Limit Theory! Back, I say!

Not sure if anyone has suggested this (I only read the first page) but what about various gaming and sim Subreddits such as R/space sims? What we do is get ourselves and enthralling video, post it on relavent or somewhat relavent subreddits and then we can all upvote the posts to try to get it to the front page I guarantee people that didn't know a thing about LT would after it was on the front page (it may have been before for all I know.
Thanks H. Scumdog
The victorious strategist only seeks battle
After the victory has been won
Whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights
And afterwards looks for victory

-Sun Tzu

In my opinion it's too early for a PR push.

Look at No Mans Sky big hype now it's gone quiet.

You need to get the hype going when there's a product in sight, timing is critical. Trust me a lot big outlets are keeping one eye on this game and when it's time there will be some good press to ramp up the interest.

Getting screenshots from the beta, and Twitch live streaming will help generate hype. During this time I'd hope that LT would get displayed on Steam Greenlight so it can be quickly greenlit. If LT is greenlit before launch then Josh could prevent purchases until the game is ready to go live. Other sources that will be distributing the game should do something similar to this as well.
Game marketing?

Has josh said how this game is going to be listed? as a one time payment of maybe 60$, or a monthly subscription of 20$ or possibly a F2P game ( sadly i hope it doesnt become free to play because most games like that lead to pay to win scenarios ) Im very curious about how hes going to go about this.
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :wave: :? :twisted: :geek: :mrgreen: :shh: :eh: :arrow: :D :thumbdown: :sick: :clap: :mrgreen: :thumbdown: :idea: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :ghost: :lol: :?: :!: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Re: Game marketing?

Single player game, no microtransactions (or DRM for that matter). Single down payment, around the $30-40 mark, definitely above the $20 buy-in pledge from Kickstarter, but also definitely under $60. Distributed (if all goes well) on Steam, Desura, and independently (and probably a bunch I missed, GoG?). Um I think that's all.

Simple old fashioned way!
panic
Re: Game marketing?

handsanitizer wrote:can we still kickstart? i visited the page and didnt see a donation option
Donation is not currently an option, that ended when the kickstarter ended two years ago, and Josh will not accept further funds; however you will of course be able to pay for the game on release.

Online Now